*** SPOILERS *** Rise of Skywalker Spoiler Thread

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I respect your thoughts on these things you know that...

But.... you are going under the assumption that Palp was in the plans when TFA came out. He wasn’t.

Ian asked Lucas if Palp was dead after ROTJ... If he survived?nlucas said. No. He’s dead.

JJ didn’t fix anything in my opinion. He just completed a movie.

So much promise from JJ. Star Trek. What does he do? He has Spock scream KAhhhhhhhhnnnn... instead of Kirk. FAIL.

TROS = Total Fail IMO.

As far as I’m concerned. Snoke didn’t die in TLJ. He force projected like Luke but physical form.
My proof? Who bridged Rey and Kylo’s minds at end of TLJ? It was Snoke. But now, it was Palp.

Honestly. This is the first time I won’t watch a marvel, DC or Star Wars movievmorecthan once,
What does what Lucas said have to do with the current trilogy?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But.... you are going under the assumption that Palp was in the plans when TFA came out. He wasn’t.
No. I assumed nothing. Remember I stated, "I have no idea if JJ Abrams intentionally 'fixed' things with Palpatine's Final Order fleet gambit in TROS. What I do believe is that tying together Starkiller and the fleet in two separate movies was pretty smart storytelling in my opinion." I am accepting the story as is and as a whole based on all three films combined. And I say that knowing Abrams did a good job (my opinion) of cleaning up the entire trilogy in the end but nothing can scrub TLJ out of my memory. :laugh:

erod

Reaction score
I respect your thoughts on these things you know that...

Ian asked Lucas if Palp was dead after ROTJ... If he survived?nlucas said. No. He’s dead.

JJ didn’t fix anything in my opinion. He just completed a movie.

So much promise from JJ. Star Trek. What does he do? He has Spock scream KAhhhhhhhhnnnn... instead of Kirk. FAIL.

TROS = Total Fail IMO.

As far as I’m concerned. Snoke didn’t die in TLJ. He force projected like Luke but physical form.
My proof? Who bridged Rey and Kylo’s minds at end of TLJ? It was Snoke. But now, it was Palp.

Honestly. This is the first time I won’t watch a marvel, DC or Star Wars movievmorecthan once,
Apparently in 3, Palp said something to the effect that only one (sith) can cheat death.

Abrams had to scour the canon for a way to dig Star Wars from Rian Johnson's colossal idiocy.

It's nice to near that the actors are finally happy with their place in it again. They were embarrassed when TLJ was released.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently in 3, Palp said something to the effect that only one (sith) can cheat death.

Abrams had to scour the canon for a way to dig Star Wars from Rian Johnson's colossal idiocy.

It's nice to near that the actors are finally happy with their place in it again. They were embarrassed when TLJ was released.

Mark Hamill for sure. He essentially came out and said "that's not my Luke" about The Last Jedi.

And he and JJ took several shots at it in Rise of Skywalker. First, where he catches the light saber when Rey throws it and says "that's no way to treat a Jedi's weapon". And second, where Rey talks about hiding out like he did, and he says "I was wrong." Two major course corrections from Johnson's mess, among many.

erod

Reaction score
Mark Hamill for sure. He essentially came out and said "that's not my Luke" about The Last Jedi.

And he and JJ took several shots at it in Rise of Skywalker. First, where he catches the light saber when Rey throws it and says "that's no way to treat a Jedi's weapon". And second, where Rey talks about hiding out like he did, and he says "I was wrong." Two major course corrections from Johnson's mess, among many.
When he raised that x-wing from the sea to Yoda's theme music, Luke was back to being Luke.

And I'm of the theory that when Rey took the Skywalker name in Tatooine at Luke's childhood home, she was burying those sabers there for her two sons, whom she will one day train.

Kylo saw the light, then Ben impregnated her when he "force" touched her belly and sacrificed his life to save her.

She saw the two suns rise in Tatooine just like Luke did. That shot has always been George Lucas' favorite Star Wars image. The two sons of Rey and Ben will be the actual Rise of Skywalker.

That is where X/XI/XII will begin. Hopefully, they will give it to Jon Favreau.

Or, I'm way off. Lol

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When he raised that x-wing from the sea to Yoda's theme music, Luke was back to being Luke.

And I'm of the theory that when Rey took the Skywalker name in Tatooine at Luke's childhood home, she was burying those sabers there for her two sons, whom she will one day train.

Kylo saw the light, then Ben impregnated her when he "force" touched her belly and sacrificed his life to save her.

She saw the two suns rise in Tatooine just like Luke did. That shot has always been George Lucas' favorite Star Wars image. The two sons of Rey and Ben will be the actual Rise of Skywalker.

Or, I'm way off. Lol

I like your ideas.
:thumbup:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Or, I'm way off. Lol

There will be no X/XI/XII.
Rey lifting x-wing... Wasn’t the x-wing missing a door? It was on Luke’s cave that Chewie kicked down??. :laugh:

Sons of Ben and Rey are even less Skywalker than he is. Ben is a solo.

Yeah, you are way off. Creative but way off.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
No. I assumed nothing. Remember I stated, "I have no idea if JJ Abrams intentionally 'fixed' things with Palpatine's Final Order fleet gambit in TROS. What I do believe is that tying together Starkiller and the fleet in two separate movies was pretty smart storytelling in my opinion." I am accepting the story as is and as a whole based on all three films combined. And I say that knowing Abrams did a good job (my opinion) of cleaning up the entire trilogy in the end but nothing can scrub TLJ out of my memory. :laugh:

Ok. Fair enough.

I disagree.
TLJ wasn’t the only mess. TFA was a mess.

I don’t feel like he fixed anything. My opinion.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I thought JJ Abrams did a decent job of trying to undo the BS cluster that Rian Johnson created in The Last Jedi. Johnson's and Kennedy's only concern was to spew their anti-capitalism and feminism agenda, which is why she fired so many gifted people on the creative side to find the castrated director she wanted to, in turn, castrate Luke.

May the politically correct force be with you. Puke.

That light saber flip by Luke was virtually impossible to overcome. Abrams set up the entire trilogy with that final moment in TFA, and Johnson just threw it over the shoulder of the most iconic character in order to.... go drink sea cow milk? Johnson undid TFA and every episode before it. That quite clearly pissed Abrams off, who did the same in return in thre final chapter.

Rose became a symbol of Rian Johnson. A worthless extra in the background. Lol, brilliant.

The Rise of Skywalker was a big "*** you!" to Johnson and Kennedy that apparently even she didn't have the power to quash, lest she be fired herself. Nobody liked their movie, including most importantly Mark Hamill, the world of fans, and Abrams himself.

Abrams basically had to make two movies at the same time, one to somehow fix TLJ and one to wrap up the trilogy he set up nicely in TFA. Given that context, I thought he did a good job with a mess he was handed.

Hopefully, Johnson will never make another movie and find the communist paradise he seeks so desperately. And Kennedy can start her women-only hero franchise she craves.

Abrams made a visually stunning movie that moved too fast and had too many cameos and pilot twists.

But what was he supposed to do with that filth he was handed? I enjoyed the movie and thought he did a decent job of wrapping up a cluster.

If only these movies could have been made 15 years ago.

Agreed. The saber flip set a tone for TLJ and IMO for final TROS.
I didn’t like the flip.

i've not seen it. really have zero intention to. the way i heard it best so far is "disney made the film for the fans they wanted, not who they had" and when all this started out for me in 1977 at a drive in theater in orlando, florida - i had such anticipation of being there at the end.

after the last jedi, i was done. 7 simply recycled 4 with PC overtones, 8 was male bashing PC garbage and i've not and won't see 9. at least not in the theaters.

but like you say - they had no plan. this was not the final trilogy to finish telling a story this is disney laying down the money to get more money and add another theme park attraction.

At first I wanted to agree with this 100% ... but ultimately they could have done both.
For new and old fans.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Agreed. The saber flip set a tone for TLJ and IMO for final TROS.
I didn’t like the flip.

At first I wanted to agree with this 100% ... but ultimately they could have done both.
For new and old fans.
they could have. but it would have meant finishing 7-9 to complete a story.

7 was 4 PC'd up
8 was confusing and Social Justice all over the place
9 i simply don't care enough to go look and see.

it was much more like they did 3 movies in the space where 9 were planned.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
they could have. but it would have meant finishing 7-9 to complete a story.

7 was 4 PC'd up
8 was confusing and Social Justice all over the place
9 i simply don't care enough to go look and see.

it was much more like they did 3 movies in the space where 9 were planned.

Agreed. Man, Ep 9, they had a real opportunity to tie all movies together in a great way (without talking or blaming Rian Johnson for anything) . If you seriously were bringing back Palp... it could have been in a meaningful full circle way.

But they didn’t. They done.

I was really hoping that this movie didn’t hit $1 billion but it will... +++

erod

Reaction score
There will be no X/XI/XII.
Rey lifting x-wing... Wasn’t the x-wing missing a door? It was on Luke’s cave that Chewie kicked down??. :laugh:

Sons of Ben and Rey are even less Skywalker than he is. Ben is a solo.

Yeah, you are way off. Creative but way off.
Ben is half Skywalker. Rey is half Palpatine.

If she would have "taken Ben's hand" like she said, perhaps she takes that side of his name, too.

Plus, the most parent-like people in her life were Luke and Leia.

And, Anakin's mother did not have the name "Skywalker." This could have been an assigned jedi name.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ben is half Skywalker. Rey is half Palpatine.

If she would have "taken Ben's hand" like she said, perhaps she takes that side of his name, too.

Plus, the most parent-like people in her life were Luke and Leia.

And, Anakin's mother did not have the name "Skywalker." This could have been an assigned jedi name.

What’s your reference for Schmi last name?

erod

Reaction score
What’s your reference for Schmi last name?
Here's a long explanation in reddit.

https://reddit.********/SG5ZheYIV2

Shmi somehow acquired this moniker in her past. It's not a "last name" in the traditional sense. Much like Hans wasn't really a "Solo."

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Or, I'm way off. Lol

First use of Force ***** I've heard of.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I grew up with Star Wars. Always loved the original trilogy and was always bored out of my mind during the prequels.

I thoroughly enjoyed TROS. It was fun and entertaining throughout. Seeing it in a dolby surround sound theater was a great decision.

Watched Force Awakens last night and it wasn't as good as I remembered. The Last Jedi was ok. Didn't care for the subplot of Finn and Rose as well as Luke's crotchety personality.

What's crazy is that The Mandalorian is the best thing going for Star Wars right now. Loved it!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Here's a long explanation in reddit.

https://reddit.********/SG5ZheYIV2

Shmi somehow acquired this moniker in her past. It's not a "last name" in the traditional sense. Much like Hans wasn't really a "Solo."

I see what you mean but...
Not the same.

Solo is regarded with any significance. Only on his movie do we get silly origin for name. Solo name is never regarded as “mighty Skywalker bloodline” “heir of Anakin Skywalker”etc