Rising stars, core stars and exiting stage left

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Technically? Sure. He was on the field for the first snap.

Actually? He's a rotation guy.

You know it and I know it. You just can't seem to bring yourself to admit the obvious.
Aren’t they all rotational except Lawrence? Maranelli has been rotating guys on the line since his first day of being her.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aren’t they all rotational except Lawrence? Maranelli has been rotating guys on the line since his first day of being her.

Are they all making $9 million a year? How much wiggling are you going to try to do here?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess I’d rather have Richardson. Both are long down the line of DTs I’d want.

Really? That's surprising to me. I think Richardson is beastly and still young. A force against the run and athletic enough to generate decent pass rush. At minimum, he would be a sure fire starter at a position of obvious need.

Who do you have on your own list?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I guess I’d rather have Richardson. Both are long down the line of DTs I’d want.

You'd still be expending MORE cap space to get virtually the same production. Even if you cut crawford, he's going to cost a minimum of 4.5M. So you go sign Richardson for 7.5M, you now have paid 12M in 2019 for a player who stastically produced what Crawford produced.

If that's the option, might as well keep Crawford rather than add 2M to your cap.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Really? That's surprising to me. I think Richardson is beastly and still young. A force against the run and athletic enough to generate decent pass rush. At minimum, he would be a sure fire starter at a position of obvious need.

Who do you have on your own list?

He is 1 year younger than Crawford and has been on 3 teams. They're virtually the same player.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not enough upgrade to switch imo

Totally disagree.

And hopefully Kris Richard does as well:

“Yeah, he’s a difference maker,” Seahawks defensive coordinator Kris Richard said this week. “Very disruptive at the line of scrimmage...

“It’s a different presence that we haven’t had here in the middle, and it’s absolutely going to pay dividends for us. I’m very happy that he’s here.”

Read more here: https://www.bellinghamherald.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article173763806.html#storylink=cpy

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You'd still be expending MORE cap space to get virtually the same production. Even if you cut crawford, he's going to cost a minimum of 4.5M. So you go sign Richardson for 7.5M, you now have paid 12M in 2019 for a player who stastically produced what Crawford produced.

If that's the option, might as well keep Crawford rather than add 2M to your cap.

And have a player who excels at neither stopping the run nor rushing the passer. Some plan.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are they all making $9 million a year? How much wiggling are you going to try to do here?
I’m not wiggling anything. My point was his contract pays him to be what he is. Guys have been talking about his contract like it handicaps is. Upgrade him. I could careless. But IMO, we need to improve that unit with another edge rusher.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I agree.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not wiggling anything.

Oh, you most certainly are. Moving your own goal posts with every comment you make.

My point was his contract pays him to be what he is.

No it doesn't. And neither you nor anyone making that claim has backed up what you're claiming with any numbers to justify it. It's a flippant, offhand, unsupported comment. And it's false.

Guys have been talking about his contract like it handicaps is. Upgrade him. I could careless. But IMO, we need to improve that unit with another edge rusher.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with that. But getting cap relief from Crawford helps in upgrading, it doesn't hurt it.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
And have a player who excels at neither stopping the run nor rushing the passer. Some plan.
You spent the first part of this thread arguing Jack Crawford is a better player based on stats but when presented with stats argue Sheldon Richardson is better, despite them.

For what it's worth, I agree Sheldon is better, but I don't think he's worth an extra 2M to the cap in 2019 better.