Twitter: Rivera on McCarthy’s winning claim, “I think it’s a mistake”

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
For sure. If Dallas loses this game, we have severe problems.

Not really. It just makes McCarthy's job more difficult in dealing with the media for a few days. I don't have a problem with it. It's just more fodder for the media to chew on/etc. for a few days.....

Qcard

Reaction score
I can tell by this thread that Very few Fans remember the interaction between past Cowboys and Redconstables team....

This is tame compared to Jimmy, Joe Gibbs and all the other great Coaches in the rivalry

The OP is nervous....hug s pillow during the game

khiladi

Reaction score
tumblr_ora6ru1bku1s5rjeao1_500.gifv

Ron Rivera, when he heard what Big Mike said…

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Well the team just won the last game on the road with the “we got our HC’s back” theme.

Pretty much the same mantra here.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why should his job be on the line? Him saying they will win is putting confidence in his team....but if his players don't step up to the challenge then he should lose his job? Hell nah lol.
If his players don't step up after guaranteeing a win then they have no respect for him anyways.

So, yeah, put your money where your big mouth is.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I agree . I think it’s a mistake too. We shall see. I’m more concerned about the Cowboys winning than I was.
All we have to do is win and then win again, and again and again and we will lock up this division. No losses from here on out.

Jipper

Reaction score
If the cowboys culture has really changed then they will come out and kick the crap out of Washington

If we are the same old cowboys Monday is going to suck bc we will realize it's going to just be another mdeicore year end

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If the cowboys culture has really changed then they will come out and kick the crap out of Washington

If we are the same old cowboys Monday is going to suck bc we will realize it's going to just be another mdeicore year end
Don't get your hopes up.

They need show it and stop talking about it.

blueblood70

Reaction score

and you will be back here next year and the year after and....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Why was anything needed to be said publicly. Sounds like he’s pandering to our owner.

Or he’s worried we aren’t ready for the importance this game is in the season and possibly his future.

If that’s the case then this is all about him.

Because he wanted to, he is not trying to get your attention he is getting the attention of his ball club. He has a better feel for this team and his players than anyone. He said what he said, if Washington does not like it too bad same for fans.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
nothing like motivating the other team.

if we dont run the football, it wont matter.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Nice. Let’s go!

It's a mistake because I think it makes THIS game the height of our season. We win it...we will win the division. The problem with this is as follows: winning THIS division should NOT be our crowning achievement this season, and somehow the last 25+ years have conditioned us to think making the playoffs is enough.

This division is terrible. We should win this with our eyes closed. Our goals should be much loftier than this. We should NOT get to high when we win....we should NOT get to low when we lose. This strategy of trying to instill confidence in THIS team in THIS particular situation should have been reserved for the postseason.