Ro McClain's house fire ruled arson

speedkilz88

Reaction score
His mortgage lender is a more likely suspect.

Yeah, how much would he even have invested in the house? He hasn't had it long. (Original price was 1.1 million July 2013-burned down Dec 22 2014)

I know there are some dumb people out there, but setting the whole house on fire with accelerant made it too obvious of arson.

Last edited:

TheFinisher

Reaction score
If he has anything to do with this... then wow. I can't imagine he's that stupid though.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I don't know why you are taking it so personally.

You are missing one gigantic fact- The House WAS Burned Down

If I predicted McClain was going to burn his house down last year, that would be unreasonable. But someone burned his house down and based on what I have read about him and his actions in the past, I believe he could have done it.

Sorry if that violates some kind of code of yours, but I'm sure you'll get over it.

Nobody's missing that fact, thats the entire point of this thread. I'm taking issue with you acting like paying someone to burn your house down to claim insurance is common as ordering take out. When someone Burnt his house down saying he did it is just jumping to conclusions with no evidence of anything. It was in December meaning he got paid the majority of this years salary, probably had some Oakland money left over even after his divorce and was going to have to wait for any insurance payout. Why then when all you had to do was wait a couple of months for a new deal from a team risk going to jail when you already have priors and a bad rep.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeah, how much would he even have invested in the house? He hasn't had it long. (Original price was 1.1 million July 2013-burned down Dec 22 2014)

I know there are some dumb people out there, but setting the whole house on fire with accelerant made it too obvious of arson.

And honestly, even if he's got a quarter of a million in, it just isn't that much to just walk away from for a pro athlete.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
McClain was in Dallas when the fire was set. There is no way he could have set the fire himself.

Nirvana

Reaction score
This happened the day after we clinched the division. Ro has some enemies in that area - former "friends" he left behind to make a new start.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Yes -it makes sense that an athlete rebuilding his life around his young children would hire someone to destroy his home filled with keepsakes from his beloved Univ. of Alabama mid -resurgence and throw away a signing bonus opportunity up to 5x greater than the home's total value.

Someone burned down the house, but to think McClain had a hand in it off-hand in this case is absurd. He would have to be an all-time idiot. My inclination is his past relationship with someone less than happy that Ro was doing well caught up to him, and a message was sent that McClain wasn't safe.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Lee only plays a few games a year though. We need a full time Mike

In lee's 5 yrs he's had seasons of 14, 15, and 11 games. In 2012 he played 6 and missed this yr. People need to get over the whole he is not reliable. He plays one of the most demanding posistions in football. I would put MLB right up there with RB as the most punishing. He's had some unfortunate luck. It happens in football. Especially playing the way he plays. He goes all out, when in todays NFL too many players are making business decisions. murray had the same type of situations. Lee is one of the best Lbers in the NFL. And is the best LBer on this team by far. Id take Lee over McClain allday, especially sundays

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
In lee's 5 yrs he's had seasons of 14, 15, and 11 games. In 2012 he played 6[/B] and missed this yr. People need to get over the whole he is not reliable. He plays one of the most demanding posistions in football. I would put MLB right up there with RB as the most punishing. He's had some unfortunate luck. It happens in football. Especially playing the way he plays. He goes all out, when in todays NFL too many players are making business decisions. murray had the same type of situations. Lee is one of the best Lbers in the NFL. And is the best LBer on this team by far. Id take Lee over McClain allday, especially sundays

Your making my point, thanks. I love the way he plays but the last two years he's been a cheerleader. Give him a coaching job.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
In lee's 5 yrs he's had seasons of 14, 15, and 11 games. In 2012 he played 6 and missed this yr. People need to get over the whole he is not reliable. He plays one of the most demanding posistions in football. I would put MLB right up there with RB as the most punishing. He's had some unfortunate luck. It happens in football. Especially playing the way he plays. He goes all out, when in todays NFL too many players are making business decisions. murray had the same type of situations. Lee is one of the best Lbers in the NFL. And is the best LBer on this team by far. Id take Lee over McClain allday, especially sundays

It's a lost cause around here. Everyone thinks they are so clever when they rip on Lee. It's almost like they are rooting for him to get hurt so they can win some internet points for being right. Nevermind the fact he is one the best LBers in the game.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Your making my point, thanks. I love the way he plays but the last two years he's been a cheerleader. Give him a coaching job.

Imagine if the cowboys used your theory with Murray. He was a cheerleader in 2013? he plaayed 11 games 99 tackles 1FR 4 INT for 164yrds 1 TD and 6PDEF. Put those numbers and production up with any Lber in the NFl even playing a full season, only thing that would be higher is probably tackles.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yes -it makes sense that an athlete rebuilding his life around his young children would hire someone to destroy his home filled with keepsakes from his beloved Univ. of Alabama mid -resurgence and throw away a signing bonus opportunity up to 5x greater than the home's total value.

Someone burned down the house, but to think McClain had a hand in it off-hand in this case is absurd. He would have to be an all-time idiot. My inclination is his past relationship with someone less than happy that Ro was doing well caught up to him, and a message was sent that McClain wasn't safe.

So someone from his past would burn down his house to send him a message that could never be delivered without implicating themselves but would actually end up helping him get his money back for a house he was trying to sell.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
As long as their is an open investigation into this arson case I don't seen any team givimg him a contract. Nobody is gonna want to get burned. ( pun intended)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Imagine if the cowboys used your theory with Murray. He was a cheerleader in 2013? he plaayed 11 games 99 tackles 1FR 4 INT for 164yrds 1 TD and 6PDEF. Put those numbers and production up with any Lber in the NFl even playing a full season, only thing that would be higher is probably tackles.

Murrays carrying the football, he's a target. Lee gets hurt at practice. No comparison. I have nothing against Lee. But he should be a key player on a bad defense. He seems to be glass. People want Murray gone because he gets injured, how can the same want to keep Lee?
You really going to use in out of four years?