Ro McClain's house fire ruled arson

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It's a lost cause around here. Everyone thinks they are so clever when they rip on Lee. It's almost like they are rooting for him to get hurt so they can win some internet points for being right. Nevermind the fact he is one the best LBers in the game.

Agree, TC talked about his contributions throughout the yr. Saying he basically took Carter under his wing and you saw the results when Carter was healthy this yr. He started hot, got dinged up and played injured, and towards the end of the yr was healthy again and was the best player on defense the last month of the yr. Even talked about Lee taking Gardner under his wing and was with Gardner at Valley Ranch on christmas in the weight room working out. Thats the dedication this guy has, and fans take him for granted. Im going to call it now he is going to play 16 games this yr and all these naysayers are going to be drooling to sniff his jock. Injuries are apart of the game, and if you look at who gets hurt the most i guarantee you its the guys who go all out every play. Hell Dez bryant had the same situations his first couple yrs in the league. he was always getting hurt because he wouldnt stop trying to get that extra yard.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
It's a lost cause around here. Everyone thinks they are so clever when they rip on Lee. It's almost like they are rooting for him to get hurt so they can win some internet points for being right. Nevermind the fact he is one the best LBers in the game.

I respect both you and Latin as posters and I have no personal hate for Lee. You can't be the best if your injured more than you play. him on the sidelines does nothing to help the team. Same as Ro falling apart when we needed him the most. I'm missing some thing here apparently.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Murrays carrying the football, he's a target. Lee gets hurt at practice. No comparison. I have nothing against Lee. But he should be a key player on a bad defense. He seems to be glass. People want Murray gone because he gets injured, how can the same want to keep Lee?

I have never heard anybody say get rid of Murray because he gets hurt. Its Murray who is probably going to force his way out with his contract demands. Care to put names into your accusation?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Agree, TC talked about his contributions throughout the yr. Saying he basically took Carter under his wing and you saw the results when Carter was healthy this yr. He started hot, got dinged up and played injured, and towards the end of the yr was healthy again and was the best player on defense the last month of the yr. Even talked about Lee taking Gardner under his wing and was with Gardner at Valley Ranch on christmas in the weight room working out. Thats the dedication this guy has, and fans take him for granted. Im going to call it now he is going to play 16 games this yr and all these naysayers are going to be drooling to sniff his jock. Injuries are apart of the game, and if you look at who gets hurt the most i guarantee you its the guys who go all out every play. Hell Dez bryant had the same situations his first couple yrs in the league. he was always getting hurt because he wouldnt stop trying to get that extra yard.

He'd make a great coach. I agree.

mmohican29

Reaction score
So someone from his past would burn down his house to send him a message that could never be delivered without implicating themselves but would actually end up helping him get his money back for a house he was trying to sell.

Sure why not?

The fact McClain's home was for sale in this instance makes little difference. You're talking about a someone who if they maintained the level of play on the field he did for 16 games would command a signing bonus that would easily absorb any real estate valuation loss on a short sale of a really nice house, but far from some absurdly valuable Miami Beach property.

Maybe someone knew something about Rolando's house, what was in it, and what it meant to him- and destroyed it with little care as to McClain's insurance pay day that would be forthcoming.

McClain had reclaimed his life, had good mojo with the Cowboys brewing, and now would completely jump the shark and burn his house down mid-season or have someone do it for him? Yeah ok- you go with that.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I will continue to say that I will never understand why "fans" want players to play a game as violent, physical, long term health and potentially life threatening....for a discount!!!!!!!!!! Are the owners selling the game "experience" at a discount? Is there a "cap" on what tickets, parking, jerseys, beer, suites, hot dogs, popcorn, hats etc...can be sold at?

I will continue to say that I will never understand some "fans" who don't understand that people (even non athletes) make decisions all the time that leave money on the table.

Maybe you don't want to move to New York? Or maybe you don't want that consulting gig in Kansas? Maybe you love what you do and who you do it with.

What i'm saying is that sometimes money isn't the only consideration. It's actually a fairly common experience where players don't go to the highest bidder.

Deal with it.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I respect both you and Latin as posters and I have no personal hate for Lee. You can't be the best if your injured more than you play. him on the sidelines does nothing to help the team. Same as Ro falling apart when we needed him the most. I'm missing some thing here apparently.

Sure you can. Just cause he got injured doesnt mean he hasnt shown he is one of the best Lbers in the NFL.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Sure you can. Just cause he got injured doesnt mean he hasnt shown he is one of the best Lbers in the NFL.

We will just disagree. If you aren't at war come Sunday to me you pretty much aren't worth the paycheck.

Brooksey

Reaction score
We are allowed to make assumptions. We are not on any jury or deciding his fate.

But I would imagine the people that are investigating the arson will look at McClain first, unless they have some other evidence that leads them in another direction.

If someone wrecks their car late at night, it's pretty safe to assume they were drinking.

I doubt it. MCLain would remove his valuable items first and SELL it. Even if it was at a discount so is the insurance payment. I'm sure a house like his would sell quickly.

Please re-sign Rolando, he was our best defensive player this year.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
He makes a much better LBer. There is plenty of time to coach later on in life. No reason to root for his retirement.

I'm not rooting for his retirement at all. He can't start and finish a season. He's doing it not me.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I will continue to say that I will never understand why "fans" want players to play a game as violent, physical, long term health and potentially life threatening....for a discount!!!!!!!!!! Are the owners selling the game "experience" at a discount? Is there a "cap" on what tickets, parking, jerseys, beer, suites, hot dogs, popcorn, hats etc...can be sold at?

Because we are a fan of the team, and want them to have as many advantages as possible to win a Super Bowl. Getting as many talented players as you can under the cap is one of the most important things that there is for a football team to do.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm not rooting for his retirement at all. He can't start and finish a season. He's doing it not me.

Are you rooting for him to stay healthy the next two years? Wouldn't you agree that is the best case scenario?

And I'm not asking what you think will happen, but what you want to happen.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Are you rooting for him to stay healthy the next two years? Wouldn't you agree that is the best case scenario?

And I'm not asking what you think will happen, but what you want to happen.

Of course. There is only two players I couldn't wait to get rid of, quincy and owens.. I love Lees passion and sense of team. The problem is when one of your best players is on the sidelines for over 50% of the plays he can play what good is he? We need body's on the field. If he's hurt again I say cya.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
As long as their is an open investigation into this arson case I don't seen any team givimg him a contract. Nobody is gonna want to get burned. ( pun intended)

I'd sure think that most, if not ALL, NFL player contracts include some player conduct clause allowing their teams to void ANY contract should a player come under fire from legal authorities - and without requiring a legal conviction.

With that in mind, it seems pretty low-risk to make McClain an offer.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

You're not missing anything Dave. He's a very good player and it's possible he could be great. But he can't be either not suited up. He has to play. It is unrealistic to think LBers these days are going to stay on the field for all the snaps. Many don't play the nickel that often and many lose snaps to injury. We are loaded at LBer if we can keep enough healthy enough to share snaps. That position has evolved quite a bit since Sam Huff became the first true Mike.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I fear that Sean Lee's Body can't take the NFL pounding....
And this may be blasphemous, but I fear the same for Ro at this point.
I don't know what he had to do with the fire.... but I wouldn't mind a bit of a re-do at the LB position with Hitchens being the linchpin....
And to think, the kid was being laughed at after the draft... kid has been versatile, aggressive, tough... and he dissects a play quickly.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I don't want Ro back because of his concussion issues. I don't think we can rely on him to play 16 games. We need guys that can line up on every Sunday.