Robert Quinn to visit Cowboys

ESisback

Reaction score
Yet in my post, I did no such thing lmao.

I'm just letting you know how it's portrayed when you cry like a baby after the 1st day of the tampering period it's not a good look, and would make much more sense to let free agency play out.

But keep on making stuff up! I just laid out the facts, you can do with them as you please.

He makes stuff up to “explain away” opinions different from his.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Miami Herald suggests it might be a 2020 3rd rounder and MIA pays a good chunk of the 11M owed Quinn this year.

The crazy thing is DAL can likely recoup a comp pick if Quinn ultimately leaves after one year making him a rental that is draft neutral.
Basically this is just MIA not wanting to wait another year and Quinn not wanting to mess with any more 3-4 defense.

Quinn is arguably a better pass rusher than Randy Gregory and likely starts at RDE if signed.

Reaction score
I agree Risen. You could see it coming for two seasons. It is what it is but I agree, I would seriously listen to any and all offers on him. This is a really deep draft for DLs. Deepest I can remember in years, maybe ever. This is a great time to have a few extra high picks.
This is probably the reason why a trade is so unlikely.

This is a very deep draft, including high end talent. If I'm drafting in the top 15 and I need a pass rusher, I would draft one of those top guys and pay him rookie money rather than trade for someone who wants Khalil Mack money without Khalil Mack performance.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You could see it coming from two seasons how? Lawrence has done everything he was suppose to do. Him and his agent are negotiating. That's not fault of his.

They've done everything he was supposed to do!

Except get his shoulder repaired so he can be 100% on the field but other than that!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pulling out all the stops. The last time I remember them courting a free agent this hard is when all the O-linemen came to visit La'El when he was an undrafted rookie.

Totally understand why they didn't bring any D-lineman with them to court Quinn though.

::Antwaun Woods and Kerry Hyder sit down at the table::

Woods: "We want you to help us build something special here."

Quinn:
tenor.gif

Reports say he bolted for the door when someone mentioned the words "hot" and "boys".
:omg:

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Miami Herald suggests it might be a 2020 3rd rounder and MIA pays a good chick of the 11M owed Quinn this year.

The crazy thing is DAL can likely recoup a comp pick of Quinn ultimately leaves after one year making him a rental that is draft neutral.
Basically this is just MIA not wanting to wait another year and Quinn not wanting to mess with any more 3-4 defense.

Quinn is arguably a better pass rusher than Randy Gregory and likely starts at RDE is signed.
giphy.gif

That's a little too rich for me.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's waiting to get his contract in order. He's playing the same game these owners play year in and out.

Negative. He's paid handsomely to play football. The fact that he's deliberately taking the field at less than 100% as a negotiating tool is unacceptable. It's over the line.

So spare me with your they've done everything they've been asked to do nonsense.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
::Stephen Jones makes a call to Dolphins GM Chris Grier::

Stephen: We feel comfortable adding Robert to our team now. He's in agreement as well

Grier: A third rounder and we'll pay 6.5 mil

Stephen: A 7th and you pay the remainder of his deal

Grier: Can't do that, but I'm willing to accept a 5th and pay 7.5 mil

Stephen: *hangs up*

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Negative. He's paid handsomely to play football. The fact that he's deliberately taking the field at less than 100% as a negotiating tool is unacceptable. It's over the line.

So spare me with your they've done everything they've been asked to do nonsense.
He has no job security.

And yeah he has. They gave him the franchise tag and he took it to the chin. Now they are giving it to him again....just trade him if you don't value him. You're going to keep franchise tagging him until he's 30 and then sign him long term? Its stupid.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The crazy thing is DAL can likely recoup a comp pick if Quinn ultimately leaves after one year making him a rental that is draft neutral.
A Comp Pick is never guaranteed

A 2021 4th Round Comp Pick(it is actually a 5th round pick) is worth a 7th round pick today

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
giphy.gif

That's a little too rich for me.
Not me and I love draft picks more than fat kid loves cake.
Get Quinn for a year in place of Gregory.
Gregory stays clean you get him back again for cheap and you let Quinn walk to get rich with a 4-3 team perhaps?
You get 2021 R3/R4 comp.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next years 3rd? No way in heck

I can't help but to think that the Cowboys would be signing him to an extension based on that high of a pick.

I just hope they're not dumb enough to think he would be a replacement for Lawrence rather than a bookend.