Robert Quinn to visit Cowboys

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If Quinn wants to be a cowboy, he will be here. If he wants to chase after money, he wont be, but methinks his stock has dropped far enough in the last couple years where he wont be getting any big time offers from anyone.

I don't agree with this at all. Somebody is going to pay this guy because Miami flat miss used him. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am not 100% sure on this, and maybe somebody has already commented but, I believe that the Scouting Department and the Position Coaches wanted TJ Watt. Jerry and Stephen and perhaps Garrett wanted Taco.

I recall it being the scouts liked him, Marinelli wasn't on board despite saying he could find a place to fit Watt. It seems it was the coaches who pulled rank here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't agree with this at all. Somebody is going to pay this guy because Miami flat miss used him. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

I don't either. It's naive.

Quinn may not be what he once was, but he's still a viable pass rusher. And that means that he has a market. And it's already been stated that one exists. The Saints have already been mentioned as interested. Quinn certainly doesn't have to take "whatever offer" the Cowboys give him.

He's not worth what he's being paid by Miami right now, but that doesn't mean he has to accept some cut-rate offer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I recall it being the scouts liked him, Marinelli wasn't on board despite saying he could find a place to fit Watt. It seems it was the coaches who pulled rank here.

Marinelli was always the one that I had read about being the biggest influence on the awful Taco over TJ Watt decision. Should have cost him his job.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe they will trade us a pick for us to eat his salary this year?

The Dolphins are "buying" draft picks, like the Browns did with Osweiler a few years ago. They'll take a cap hit in a tanking year this season for better draft picks and cap room to restock in the future. They've already done that in trading Tannehill to the Titans.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
I don't either. It's naive.

Quinn may not be what he once was, but he's still a viable pass rusher. And that means that he has a market. And it's already been stated that one exists. The Saints have already been mentioned as interested. Quinn certainly doesn't have to take "whatever offer" the Cowboys give him.

He's not worth what he's being paid by Miami right now, but that doesn't mean he has to accept some cut-rate offer.

The first part of my statement was "if quinn wants to be a cowboy, he will be here", meaning as long as we don't completely lowball and insult the guy, he will sign with Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first part of my statement was "if quinn wants to be a cowboy, he will be here", meaning as long as we don't completely lowball and insult the guy, he will sign with Dallas.

OK, that sounds better than what you posted that first time.

Thanks for clarifying it.
:thumbup:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I didn't start the what ifs, I'm just quoting what the "Negotiations" have stipulated. They have said that they aren't negotiating and that Lawrence won't play on the tag.

The point remains that if the plan is to sign Quinn in order to trade Lawrence, it would be a stupid plan. It doesn't even make us as good as we were last year.

Whether we won't be able to negotiate a contract with Lawrence or he won't play on the tag is a moot point at the moment. Those aren't realities at this time. They are possibilities.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m waiting for the Berry, Quinn and McDowell all left without an offer

I don't think they all leave without an offer, just not one they didn't laugh at.

Except for McDowell, he's the type of damaged goods, player with question marks who is willing to accept any offer thrown at him.

Carson

Reaction score
I don't think they all leave without an offer, just not one they didn't laugh at.

Except for McDowell, he's the type of damaged goods, player with question marks who is willing to accept any offer thrown at him.

And I expect tons of guaranteed money for McDowell lol