Robert Quinn to visit Cowboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think they all leave without an offer, just not one they didn't laugh at.

Except for McDowell, he's the type of damaged goods, player with question marks who is willing to accept any offer thrown at him.

Yeah, I like our chances with McDowell.

If the brain damage has healed.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’m assuming like D Moore said that if he’s here then some parameters were set! My issue is I used to love this guy but he had 26 tackles last year. It’s like Berry and Cobb! COULD get form back but end of careers and banking on a lot. I’m always buyer beware when Miami gave up a 4th for him years ago and now wants to just get something for him

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As an player to play opposite Tank, I would like this move. We are going into a season where we are hoping to contend for a Super Bowl, and its not a good idea to go into those season with major questions at RDE. Plus with Quinn playing on a 1 year deal maybe you can get some contract year magic.

If this is looked at as an alternative to Lawrence. No. Just no

Verdict

Reaction score
I agree. I'm not blaming the Cowboys. I'm just disagreeing with it being Lawrence's fault because he hasn't caved in. As if he's being a bad teammate. Its a business. I'm not for players suffering in favor of fans and owners.

That's a two way street.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I’m assuming like D Moire said that if he’s here then some parameters were set! My issue is I used to love this guy but he had 26 tackles last year. It’s like Berry and Cobb! COULD get form back but end of careers and banking on a lot. I’m always buyer beware when Miami gave up a 4th for him years ago and now wants to just get something for him
Dolphins are converting to 3-4 like the rams. He's moving on.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yet he has no problem with a player deliberately playing at less than 100% for a team paying him top dollar.

I seldom agree with anything Royaice says. No offense intended to him, but if I were to ask myself what would most the diametrically opposed position to what my position on something is I pretty much know that position will be posted by Royaice within a few minutes.

There about a half dozen of similar posters to Royaice on this site. But that's what keeps it interesting around here.

Verdict

Reaction score
If Lawrence won't settle for a contract and demands top Dollar and won't play on the tag, what other choice do you have? Paying him whatever he wants is not a wise decision IMO so if that is the answer, then we are asking the wrong questions here.

JMO

Some of these guys cannot separate the football decision from the business decision.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I recall it being the scouts liked him, Marinelli wasn't on board despite saying he could find a place to fit Watt. It seems it was the coaches who pulled rank here.

No, LBs coach wanted Watt, so, position coach.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
I keep refreshing hoping for the "TRADED" thread where we get Quinn for a 2020 6th round pick.

Don’t worry @Sydla. It’ll be some out of the dark signing.

Nobody knew about McElroy, Covington or Hyder.

We likely sign some 4th string QB and these guys walk lol

Verdict

Reaction score
I keep refreshing hoping for the "TRADED" thread where we get Quinn for a 2020 6th round pick.

We can agree on that, provided the compensation is "right" in terms of the draft pick and the cap hit. I'm not sure Quinn isn't damaged goods but at least the team is trying. Hopefully the pick is a conditional pick.

If Quinn is coming I think that means that Tank is more likely to be "going".

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't either. It's naive.

Quinn may not be what he once was, but he's still a viable pass rusher. And that means that he has a market. And it's already been stated that one exists. The Saints have already been mentioned as interested. Quinn certainly doesn't have to take "whatever offer" the Cowboys give him.

He's not worth what he's being paid by Miami right now, but that doesn't mean he has to accept some cut-rate offer.

If he is traded he will play for the same amount of money. Maybe the Fish will pay part of his salary and maybe they won't. I guess time will tell.

Sydla

Reaction score
We can agree on that, provided the compensation is "right" in terms of the draft pick and the cap hit. I'm not sure Quinn isn't damaged goods but at least the team is trying. Hopefully the pick is a conditional pick.

If Quinn is coming I think that means that Tank is more likely to be "going".

I think your heart is working instead of your brain on that last part. This is probably just a reaction to the Gregory situation and an opportunity has presented itself to add a similar player.

Trading Quinn for Lawrence would be idiotic because Quinn is largely a one trick pony at this point, where he can rush the passer well but gets eaten up in the run game. Lawrence is a beast against the run. Swapping Quinn for Lawrence is a step back for this defense. Putting Quinn alongside Lawrence is a step up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he is traded he will play for the same amount of money. Maybe the Fish will pay part of his salary and maybe they won't. I guess time will tell.

I have no doubt the Dolphins will be paying some of it to facilitate a trade. Just like they did for Tannehill rather than outright cutting him. It's compromise and allows everyone to "win" in some way.