Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Vintage;3794557 said:
Small means small. Consult dictionary.com if you need help.

Durant bench = Durant struggled to bench anything at the pre-draft workouts. I can't recall..... but I think he failed to do even one rep. He was weak and that was a huge knock on him coming out of the NBA draft. Laughable, but it was blown way out of proportion.....

That's what he was referring to.

I am glad you can translate a Brady Quinn *****.

Thank you for the assistance.

Reaction score
Vintage;3794557 said:
Small means small. Consult dictionary.com if you need help.

Durant bench = Durant struggled to bench anything at the pre-draft workouts. I can't recall..... but I think he failed to do even one rep. He was weak and that was a huge knock on him coming out of the NBA draft. Laughable, but it was blown way out of proportion.....

That's what he was referring to.

NBA pre draft workouts consist of 185lb reps. If I recall, Durant couldn't do one. Its okay to have a weak bench, I just wouldnt know! Gotta act tough on internet forum to increase my worldwideweb cred. Should spend time working on that 135 rep.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;3794570 said:
NBA pre draft workouts consist of 185lb reps. If I recall, Durant couldn't do one. Its okay to have a weak bench, I just wouldnt know! Gotta act tough on internet forum to increase my worldwideweb cred. Should spend time working on that 135 rep.

Yeah... I don't think he did one rep at 185.

Your worldwidewebcred is at 0 ever since I saw you rolling in your civic with your wal mart spinners, with your emo friends.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
lqmac1;3794350 said:
My question is why is everyone (media) crowning A.rodg. that tittle after 1 playoff game???

Romo imo is the better qb, yet he still gets bashed all over the media and him and Rodgers have accomplished the same exact thing???

The media is so biased against the cowboys it's not even funny, That's why I love Micheal Irvin!!!

By the time the playoffs are over, Rodgers will clearly be the better QB

perrykemp

Reaction score
MWILL;3794575 said:
What think about Romo? I would love to read it.

That ultimately the issue if you are taking a non-biased approach to comparing Romo and Rogers -- there isn't anything you can really point to in the stats where Romo is clearly better than Rogers.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Only a Cowboy fan could think that praise of Rodgers is some sort of implicit knock against Romo, as if the two were competitors or something. Paranoia never runs out of style.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No doubt Rodgers is an excellent QB but I have no issue with Tony Romo being the Cowboys QB.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3794594 said:
No doubt Rodgers is an excellent QB but I have no issue with Tony Romo being the Cowboys QB.

Me either. Romo is plenty good to be a Superbowl QB -- the type that can win games by himself and carry a team.

visionary

Reaction score
Stautner;3794442 said:
The only difference is in perception at this point. Romo has been starting since 2006 and hasn't led his team to any great post season success. His star stagnated. Rodgers has only been starting since 2008 so he hasn't been at it as long, and his star is on the rise. If in 2 years Rodgers hasn't got his team to any better success than a playoff trip or two and 1 playoff win, his star will stagnate too.

stop trying to make sense
the homers are out today with a good "media hates cowboys" bash fest

let it run its course

wileedog

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3794594 said:

Ditto.

Only guy that gets too much love in the press over Romo that really ticks me off is Eli. His defense wins him a SB and his last name ensures that he gets all of the credit.

Meanwhile he throws 25 picks this season and no one says boo.

aikemirv

Reaction score
tomson75;3794504 said:
People are upset that the Packers won because this would elevate the respect of Rodgers around the league?

Seriously? The nut hugging of Vick would have been 10,000 X worse if the Eagles had won that game. If he had thrown a TD instead of that INT, there would be no end to the BS "changed man" articles and such.

Rodgers has earned that respect. Vick, on the other hand.....

I agree with that and despite what I knew they were going to do with Rodgers at least he deserves the accolades. Vick and the Eagles are just a big play team. If they don't get the big play, they don't score. Vick is just a bit better than he was in Atlanta - not much but it is just a media thing to build him up after they tore him down. That is what they always do!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv;3794615 said:
I agree with that and despite what I knew they were going to do with Rodgers at least he deserves the accolades. Vick and the Eagles are just a big play team. If they don't get the big play, they don't score. Vick is just a bit better than he was in Atlanta - not much but it is just a media thing to build him up after they tore him down. That is what they always do!

Vick is just the newest version of McNabb. :laugh2:

Stautner

Reaction score
aikemirv;3794615 said:

Not a fan of Vick as a person, but I think Vick is dramatically better than he was in Atlanta. In Atlanta his first instinct was to fall back on his running ability, because that was his bread and butter most of his life. He now seems to realize that running can't really carry him as a QB in the NFL, and he has learned that running is more of a last resort when other things aren't there. Like Vick or not, he did a very good job with Philly, and in the end Philly just didn't have what it takes to advance.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Stautner;3794648 said:
Not a fan of Vick as a person, but I think Vick is dramatically better than he was in Atlanta. In Atlanta his first instinct was to fall back on his running ability, because that was his bread and butter most of his life. He now seems to realize that running can't really carry him as a QB in the NFL, and he has learned that running is more of a last resort when other things aren't there. Like Vick or not, he did a very good job with Philly, and in the end Philly just didn't have what it takes to advance.

I never was a big Vick hater to begin with even after the dog incident so that is not my issue at all. I just take my issues with the media out on him!
He does run less and thats what makes him a bit better, that and a WR that can outrun everyone on the field!

wileedog

Reaction score
Stautner;3794648 said:

He regressed badly down the stretch though when the Giants, MN and GB started throwing more exotic blitzes at him. He still really struggles to find his hot read pre-snap, even when he knows who is coming.

And he still doesn't know how to slide, or just won't. He took a beating this season and I have to think it took a toll yesterday.

He's better than he was in Atlanta because he is trying to be a QB first now, but if I'm Philly I'd feel pretty leery about the long expensive deal they are about to sign him to.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Stautner;3794648 said:
True+.

The guy had a 100+ passer rating and only 6 ints all year while making a ton of big plays. He has an absolute cannon of an arm and throws a nice ball overall.
He's come a long way from his Atlanta days as far as overall QB skills.