Rodgers comment made me understand dislike for him!

perrykemp

Reaction score
it was unbelievable how stupid dallas was to give rodgers the ball back. gb knew they had won once we gave him the ball with 35-40 seconds and timeouts.

Packers ended the game with 10 possessions to the Cowboys 9.

It truly was a 'whoever had the ball last' game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I knew all I needed to know about the guys after he lost to the Longhorns in the 2006 Holiday Bowl. He's a good player but if that defense had one guy who could make GB adjust to the pass rush, he would of lost. It is what it is.....

dcjules

Reaction score
Even die-hard Packer fans that I know admit Rodgers is not a particularly likable guy.

There have rumblings of it for a long time -- opposing players, ex-Packers, family members speaking publicly, etc. His aloofness has come off pretty badly in public more than couple of time as well.

I suspect dropping from 1 to 24 in the 2005 draft and then having to sit behind what I suspect was a Grade A a-hole in Favre for 3 years molded his personality quite a bit.

In the end, none of it changes the fact that he is an incredible talent.
Agree incredible talent and he back it up....very confident in himself....I do like that....My point was I see were people can take him the wrong way and why he is disliked!! That comment came off arrogant....yes we ALL knew he had time for a miracle....that he has a killer instinct and all... BUT a cocky, arrogant smug response...

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Packers ended the game with 10 possessions to the Cowboys 9.

It truly was a 'whoever had the ball last' game.

and dallas had the opportunity to prevent GB from having ball last. and they mismanaged that. im not gona argue about the spike and all that but they could of easily drained the clock and kicked fg. take ur chance in OT. maybe u win the coin toss. oh well

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
IMG_8403.jpg
Excerpt from an old article

VACowboy

Reaction score
I respect the hell out of Rodgers, feared Dallas playing against GB only because of him....Appreciate his game and still do, elite talent- top 3 of all time perhaps...BUt I now understand the dislike for the guy that is also out there by fans like me that he had never rubbed wrong....post game Rodgers asked a question "what did you think when you got the ball with 35 secs left"....answer "they gave me to much time" with smug face....full blown belief in that statement..... WHAT???? Hey I am all for being confident, but that is rather over the top, easy to say after the fact of course!! Just kinda took me aback some.... bitterness of course, but whoa dude you are really full of your self!! Guess you can when you just did what you did...

BTW, I will still draft him in fantasy, dude is $$ lol!!!!

We did leave him too much time, and while he may seem like a cocky jerk for saying so he's not wrong. If we didn't want him saying stuff like that we should have beat his ***. Objectively, that's actually a fricking awesome quote.

If you can walk the walk you get to talk the talk. I'm sure glad our team doesn't whine about stuff the opposition says.

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
I would guess that the league probably makes way more money with a heroic Dak Prescott story leading out of Sunday and into the NFC championship game and the Cowboys in the SB.
Cowboys are a young team. The NFL can afford to leave them brewing. Rodgers and Brady are not getting any younger.

ksadler1

Reaction score
GOOD thing we spiked the ball, huh? Of all the bad play calls that day, that one cut the deepest.

We needed to go for the win instead of the tie. I knew if we gave the ball back to them with 2 timeouts, or went to OT, we would lose. I could accept the loss if we had at least tried to win it in regulation.....

ilykdrama

Reaction score
I respect the hell out of Rodgers, feared Dallas playing against GB only because of him....Appreciate his game and still do, elite talent- top 3 of all time perhaps...BUt I now understand the dislike for the guy that is also out there by fans like me that he had never rubbed wrong....post game Rodgers asked a question "what did you think when you got the ball with 35 secs left"....answer "they gave me to much time" with smug face....full blown belief in that statement..... WHAT???? Hey I am all for being confident, but that is rather over the top, easy to say after the fact of course!! Just kinda took me aback some.... bitterness of course, but whoa dude you are really full of your self!! Guess you can when you just did what you did...

He's always been an *******. He was the last time the Cowboys played him in Lambeau for playoffs. He's gets his **** kicked in this week anyway. Matty Ice time.

waldoputty

Reaction score

What I was really disappointed in was Heath.
Normally he gets a running start with a clean shot, the guy does not get up.
What happened?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Not this week Dak was the pick in DFS...

ksadler1

Reaction score
He's always been an *******. He was the last time the Cowboys played him in Lambeau for playoffs. He's gets his **** kicked in this week anyway. Matty Ice time.

I wish you were right, but the NFL has already determined the Packers will be there with the Steelers. Seriously, who wants to see Atlanta there?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
But wait, we drafted Claiborne, Lee, Smith, Jones, Gregory, Lawrence, Collins, Brown, Tapper...this is depressing..

But not a real pass rusher in any one of them. Gregory, he had the tools but he was too light so it was a race to the bottom, to see if he would self destruct or not. Either way, it's clearly a position that we have not really invested in the way we need to IMO. I hope we get lucky but at some point, we gotta solve it or we will continue to see the same results IMO.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I saw it too, felt like a dagger, although I agreed with him. He made up for it a few deconds later when he went back to answer and earlier question and took time to praise Dak and Zeke.
These guys always throw some phony praise to the losing side. It's expected and no doubt they are briefed and told to say positive things about the losing team.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys are a young team. The NFL can afford to leave them brewing. Rodgers and Brady are not getting any younger.

Why does the league give a crap how old Rodgers and Brady are? Dak Prescott leading his team to victory after overcoming an 18-point deficit against the great Aaron Rodgers is a much bigger story than anything Rodgers or Brady can do. No team would have made the SB the gargantuan spectacle it would have been with Dallas representing the NFC, not even close. The league lost a whole bunch of money Sunday evening.

I have to admit, the fact that not one hold was called against GB Sunday is highly odd, especially considering the Cowboys got nailed with an infraction that hasn't been called in 30 years, but I do not believe that anyone instructed the officials to make sure we avoided the biggest Super Bowl in decades.