Rodgers comment made me understand dislike for him!

waldoputty

Reaction score
Unfortunately for the haters, rodgers won't be playing in the prob owl. Even if they lose this weekend, he won't be therem

Oh well, we already had our kill shot opportunity and Heath failed me.
I dont understand how he knows out receivers but Rodgers was ok after the blindside full speed shot.
May be he did not get enough speed.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I respect the hell out of Rodgers, feared Dallas playing against GB only because of him....Appreciate his game and still do, elite talent- top 3 of all time perhaps...BUt I now understand the dislike for the guy that is also out there by fans like me that he had never rubbed wrong....post game Rodgers asked a question "what did you think when you got the ball with 35 secs left"....answer "they gave me to much time" with smug face....full blown belief in that statement..... WHAT???? Hey I am all for being confident, but that is rather over the top, easy to say after the fact of course!! Just kinda took me aback some.... bitterness of course, but whoa dude you are really full of your self!! Guess you can when you just did what you did...

BTW, I will still draft him in fantasy, dude is $$ lol!!!!

And if Dak Prescott or Romo said it you'd be wearing a t-shirt with the saying or using it as your signature here at the Zone.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
GOOD thing we spiked the ball, huh? Of all the bad play calls that day, that one cut the deepest.
Spiking the ball is not a problem , but not getting the third down at 33 and kicking field goal was .
Should have tried to go for fourth down , try to pull offside, wasted clock and took time out ....something intelligent .

I still havent come to terms with this loss , this is my first post after .....:banghead:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Spiking the ball is not a problem , but not getting the third down at 33 and kicking field goal was .
Should have tried to go for fourth down , try to pull offside, wasted clock and took time out ....something intelligent .

Dont agree.
We missed the 4th down and we lose.
With 4th and 3, we make the field goal and take our chances (which in hindsight was in error).
Our chances are better in the OT because I think they lost another top receiver.

Spiking the ball cost 1 out of 3 precious down on a 1st and 10.
STUPID
I was in complete disbelief when they did that.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Dont agree.
We missed the 4th down and we lose.
With 4th and 3, we make the field goal and take our chances (which in hindsight was in error).
Our chances are better in the OT because I think they lost another top receiver.

Spiking the ball cost 1 out of 3 precious down on a 1st and 10.
STUPID
I was in complete disbelief when they did that.

Spiking the ball was because they needed to think and get a TD to finish game or atleast get closer& in the process take enough time off the clock so that green bay doesnt get the ball back. Otherwise it was stupid ...I agree

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
The Giants or Eagles would NOT draw the audience that Dallas would, I don't care who the QB's are or who's buying tickets. The Cowboys are the biggest draw in the NFL, period. If you don't believe me, look at the historical viewership for NFL games year after year after year. And when the Cowboys are good those numbers just get more exaggerated. Hell, the top three and four of the top-five most watched NFL games of 2016 involved the Dallas Cowboys. Check out this column: Cowboys Single Handedly Fixing NFL's Slumping Rating's Problem
I understand what you are saying .
I posted a thread in the off topic zone on this same subject.

Early in the season when they mentioned the ratings situation, I said it was a blessing in disguise for the Cowboys . I said BIG market teams like the Cowboys and Steelers need to start winning to bring up the ratings.

And that is exactly what happened. But while the Cowboys are a HUGE draw, you don't necessarily need them far in the playoffs. You still have big teams in it now like the Pats, Steelers and Packers.

Also Jerrys 90s merchandise deal is a big factor on why you don't necessarily profit much by having Cowboys far in the playoffs as an NFL owner. I thought the ratings decline would off set Jerrys deal. But maybe the ratings are back to where the NFL would like them at.

Any one of us would love to see the Boys in the big game. I think we see them in Super Bowl 53 against Chargers or Raiders.

Hopefully in multiple superbowls if Jerry learns to share.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Spiking the ball was because they needed to think and get a TD to finish game or atleast get closer& in the process take enough time off the clock so that green bay doesnt get the ball back. Otherwise it was stupid ...I agree

I do not expect them to be focused on Green Bay not getting enough time.
The priority was to get the TD and if not the FG.
Should have used the TO when there was so much time.
They could easily have spiked the ball later if there was not enough time.
Losing 1 down was HUGE - TO was the right call and if not, run some play even if the WRs were gassed (CBs would be gassed also).

VACowboy

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying .
I posted a thread in the off topic zone on this same subject.

Early in the season when they mentioned the ratings situation, I said it was a blessing in disguise for the Cowboys . I said BIG market teams like the Cowboys and Steelers need to start winning to bring up the ratings.

And that is exactly what happened. But while the Cowboys are a HUGE draw, you don't necessarily need them far in the playoffs. You still have big teams in it now like the Pats, Steelers and Packers.

Also Jerrys 90s merchandise deal is a big factor on why you don't necessarily profit much by having Cowboys far in the playoffs as an NFL owner. I thought the ratings decline would off set Jerrys deal. But maybe the ratings are back to where the NFL would like them at.

Any one of us would love to see the Boys in the big game. I think we see them in Super Bowl 53 against Chargers or Raiders.

Hopefully in multiple superbowls if Jerry learns to share.

The fact is that the Cowboys in the Super Bowl is a ratings bonanza that no other team can come close to delivering, and every owner profits from that. The idea that the other 31 owners have decided that Green Bay vs. NE/Pitt is a satisfactory matchup for the Super Bowl and has conspired to get the Cowboys bounced because of some marketing deal Jerry made is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The NFL is a profit-sharing league and EVERYBODY is making piles more money because of Jerry's marketing ideas. It's a big reason he's up for the HoF. Are you seriously saying the league will keep the Cowboys out of the SB if he doesn't give him some of his money?

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
The fact is that the Cowboys in the Super Bowl is a ratings bonanza that no other team can come close to delivering, and every owner profits from that. The idea that the other 31 owners have decided that Green Bay vs. NE/Pitt is a satisfactory matchup for the Super Bowl and has conspired to get the Cowboys bounced because of some marketing deal Jerry made is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The NFL is a profit-sharing league and EVERYBODY is making piles more money because of Jerry's marketing ideas. It's a big reason he's up for the HoF. Are you seriously saying the league will keep the Cowboys out of the SB if he doesn't give him some of his money?

THE NFL sales its Super Bowl adds sometimes years in advance . So it wouldn't matter if cowboys faced the pats. Those ratings would have reflected for future sales.

The NFL is a business all 32 teams operate equally as one with he exception of the Dallas Cowboys.

The NFL and all 32 teams split tv deals equally. It doesn't matter if you are the owner of the lousy Browns or the owner of the number one team Patriots.

The NFL also splits gate fees and merchandise sales. With the exception of the Cowboys who are the only NFL team that keep their merchandise sales.

So if someone buys a Tom Brady jersey, a percentage of that money stays with the Pats and the rest gets split up umongst the NFL and all the NFL teams, except for the COWBOYS.

However when someone buys a DAK Prescott jersey , Jerry keeps those profits to himself.
Cause of the deal he made back in the 90s.

A couple years back when Romo was having a great season. Him and Rodgers where being considered MVP candidates.

Now ask your self this...... if you are an NFL team owner and either Rodgers or Romo has to win the MVP, who do you give it to?

It would make the most sense to give the MVP to Rodgers because people will want to buy that jersey. All those profits will get split up umongst all owners with the exception of Jerry.

Cowboys have NOT had an MVP since Jerry made his deal.

Now imagine a Super Bowl between Cowboys and Pats. People will be excited and buy DAK Jerseys, Elliot jerseys, as well as Brady, and Gronk jerseys.

Now if you own an NFL team how do you profit from Cowboys vs Pats????
You as an owner will be getting extra money from the Patriot jersey sales ONLY, but will be getting ZERO from the Cowboys sales.

So if the Super Bowl is any two teams but the Cowboys. Then you as an owner will be getting money from BOTH sides.

THE NFL is in the business of making money. Do you think a multi billion dollar organization would leave things up to chance?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's easy to understand the dislike most on this board have for him, he's damn good and he's knocked us out of the playoffs twice.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Rodgers is a cocky mother biscuit and his family drama is all out there in celebrity news but nothing can derail that man. He backs up his words and shuts everyone up.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It's easy to understand the dislike most on this board have for him, he's damn good and he's knocked us out of the playoffs twice.
On this board he's more well liked than you.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I respect the hell out of Rodgers, feared Dallas playing against GB only because of him....Appreciate his game and still do, elite talent- top 3 of all time perhaps...BUt I now understand the dislike for the guy that is also out there by fans like me that he had never rubbed wrong....post game Rodgers asked a question "what did you think when you got the ball with 35 secs left"....answer "they gave me to much time" with smug face....full blown belief in that statement..... WHAT???? Hey I am all for being confident, but that is rather over the top, easy to say after the fact of course!! Just kinda took me aback some.... bitterness of course, but whoa dude you are really full of your self!! Guess you can when you just did what you did...

BTW, I will still draft him in fantasy, dude is $$ lol!!!!
Honestly, that made me like him more. I hope we hear Dak say that after games in the near future.

godeep

Reaction score
Give me a Grade A a-hole, arrogant, cocky, smug QB like Rodgers or Favre any day of the week!

lukin2006

Reaction score
That doesn't bother me, I knew quite possibly they gave him just enough time...our team is dumb. On our last series, we unnecessarily spiked the ball, wasting a down, and threw on 3 and 2 instead of running for the first and at least keeping the clock moving and forcing GB to use a timeout...onve again a big game and our coaching is subpar...it's been like that the entire JG era.