Rodgers comment made me understand dislike for him!

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I hate the Packers but I'm a fan of Rodgers.. You said it right there. He doesn't give a damn what you think. He has that much confidence in himself and that's contagious. He had that same look against Kurt Warner and he lost. Doesn't make me hate him. Just makes me respect him even more.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Packers ended the game with 10 possessions to the Cowboys 9.

It truly was a 'whoever had the ball last' game.

Yup, and if Garrett had any b***s, we would have won it on our last possession instead of trying to tie and give the ball back to the Packers with 2 timeouts.....

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
Why does the league give a crap how old Rodgers and Brady are? Dak Prescott leading his team to victory after overcoming an 18-point deficit against the great Aaron Rodgers is a much bigger story than anything Rodgers or Brady can do. No team would have made the SB the gargantuan spectacle it would have been with Dallas representing the NFC, not even close. The league lost a whole bunch of money Sunday evening.

I have to admit, the fact that not one hold was called against GB Sunday is highly odd, especially considering the Cowboys got nailed with an infraction that hasn't been called in 30 years, but I do not believe that anyone instructed the officials to make sure we avoided the biggest Super Bowl in decades.

As Cowboy fans we all would have loved to see Cowboys vs anyone. And a Cowboys vs Patriots Super Bowl would be big.

But the Cowboys are young and can still face the Pats in the future or the Steelers or any onther team would still be big. Just cause it's the Cowboys.

But everyone is always comparing Brady and Rodgers . I could care less about those two cause I like the Cowboys. But you have to think about the rest of the fan base who are not Cowboy fans.

Rodgers and Brady need to face each other now. It's like watching Pacquiao vs Mayweather. No one wanted to see those two fight past their prime.

Before the Packers game I made a thread asking what would be a most intriguing Super Bowl, Cowboys vs Patriots or Brady vs Rodgers?
And I mentioned the points above.

I said all I wanted was a fair officiated game against the Packers.

But now I'm guessing we will see Brady vs Rodgers and Rodgers wins it all with a little help from the refs.

But we'll see what happens. Anything can happen in Entertainment.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Me too. For the record, I hope Atlanta wipes the field with them. I think you took my post wrong.....

I know Atlanta's an ugly team, but they're the most balanced. I just don't see how Malibu Barbie and the Pack D stop their offense. I think Atlanta has ENOUGH of a pass rush to put Rodgers in a hole where he has to force things.

negativecreep

Reaction score
I wish you were right, but the NFL has already determined the Packers will be there with the Steelers. Seriously, who wants to see Atlanta there?
I hate it, but your dead on. This is the only team and only sport I was ever so into, it's getting harder by the minute, never gave up and never will...all I ask is one season we are not let down. I'm 32, not in the best of health, I want to see us win one more SB, cause I was a young buck when we won SB XXX,
Did not fully grasp how special that game was at the time, I get it now.

VACowboy

Reaction score
As Cowboy fans we all would have loved to see Cowboys vs anyone. And a Cowboys vs Patriots Super Bowl would be big.

But the Cowboys are young and can still face the Pats in the future or the Steelers or any onther team would still be big. Just cause it's the Cowboys.

But everyone is always comparing Brady and Rodgers . I could care less about those two cause I like the Cowboys. But you have to think about the rest of the fan base who are not Cowboy fans.

Rodgers and Brady need to face each other now. It's like watching Pacquiao vs Mayweather. No one wanted to see those two fight past their prime.

Before the Packers game I made a thread asking what would be a most intriguing Super Bowl, Cowboys vs Patriots or Brady vs Rodgers?
And I mentioned the points above.

I said all I wanted was a fair officiated game against the Packers.

But now I'm guessing we will see Brady vs Rodgers and Rodgers wins it all with a little help from the refs.

But we'll see what happens. Anything can happen in Entertainment.

Non-Cowboys fans would watch a Dallas/anybody Super Bowl in record numbers, and the rookie angle would just make it that much huger. Dak will never be a rookie again. Rodgers vs. Brady would be big but it would not create the spectacle that the Cowboys would, regardless of how many years Rodgers and Brady have left. Hell, the prices of SB resales fell by almost $900 when Dallas lost Sunday.

SacredStar

Reaction score
I don't like his cocky attitude but I don't like most nfl players that are cocky. Rodgers is one of the best qb's I've seen. It's the Packer fans that bother me. I'm hoping Atlanta crushes their SB dreams but the Packers seem like a team of destiny with the ball bouncing their way. I find it odd that a team with a very poor defense and no running game has gotten this far with pretty much just a great qb.

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
Non-Cowboys fans would watch a Dallas/anybody Super Bowl in record numbers, and the rookie angle would just make it that much huger. Dak will never be a rookie again. Rodgers vs. Brady would be big but it would not create the spectacle that the Cowboys would, regardless of how many years Rodgers and Brady have left. Hell, the prices of SB resales fell by almost $900 when Dallas lost Sunday.
Who do you suppose non Cowboy and non Patriot fans would root for?
Both those teams are loved and hated.

That Super Bowl is a NO win scenario for fans that don't follow the Cowboys or the Pats. Because these two have a lot of haters that follow them also. So one has to win.

I like the Cowboys so I would have loved to see the rookie win it all. You could argue people that are not Cowboys fans would be rooting for the rookie but I'm being biased being a Cowboy fan.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
They did give him too much time. We all knew we'd lose when that happened. Same thing in 2014 even if Dez did catch it. We left the game in the hands of our defense. Poor clock management.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I respect the hell out of Rodgers, feared Dallas playing against GB only because of him....Appreciate his game and still do, elite talent- top 3 of all time perhaps...BUt I now understand the dislike for the guy that is also out there by fans like me that he had never rubbed wrong....post game Rodgers asked a question "what did you think when you got the ball with 35 secs left"....answer "they gave me to much time" with smug face....full blown belief in that statement..... WHAT???? Hey I am all for being confident, but that is rather over the top, easy to say after the fact of course!! Just kinda took me aback some.... bitterness of course, but whoa dude you are really full of your self!! Guess you can when you just did what you did...

BTW, I will still draft him in fantasy, dude is $$ lol!!!!
He was right. You can be smug if you go out and do it. I don't like him either but he backs it up.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rodgers is a smug ******, but he's always been and he's got a superbowl ring, so what're you gonna do.

If you want to be even more upset with the Packers, they were blasting "we dem boyz" in the locker room (in our stadium) after the win, which is the unofficial Cowboys theme song.

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score

Also to put in in perspective as a NON Cowboy or Patriots fan.
For the sake of argument:
A Patriots vs Cowboys Super Bowl would be the equivalent as a Giants vs Eagles Super Bowl.

Who do you suppose a Cowboys fans would root for in an alternate universe in the obeve example?

Rookie Wentz vs veteran Eli Manning?

SacredStar

Reaction score
Rodgers is a smug ******, but he's always been and he's got a superbowl ring, so what're you gonna do.

If you want to be even more upset with the Packers, they were blasting "we dem boyz" in the locker room (in our stadium) after the win, which is the unofficial Cowboys theme song.
Yeah I heard that. I know on the Packer sites there are tons of new memes shredding the Cowboys. There is one with Rodgers holding 3 babies as Dez, Zeke and Jerry with the heading "deez my boys". They think they are privileged and everyone should bow down them.

remdak

Reaction score
Yeah, he is a jerk, but if he was a Cowboy, they would be making "Finish the Fight" videos about him

waldoputty

Reaction score
i presume rodgers is playing in the probowl.
guess who is (or is not) protecting his blindside?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
But we did give him too much time.
I was listening to Bret Favre this morning, he said the Cowboys had him, but let him off the hook by rushing only 3 on that play. He said had they rushed one more, that would of prevented him to dash to his left, where the left guard had pulled to help block anyone who would come in front of Rodgers. This allowed the play to be executed just as it was intended, to gain 20 plus yards. Had they rushed one more player, he wouldn't have had the chance to buy the time needed to execute the pass. They had pressured Rodgers the previous 2 plays, getting a sack, but let him off the hook.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
and dallas had the opportunity to prevent GB from having ball last. and they mismanaged that. im not gona argue about the spike and all that but they could of easily drained the clock and kicked fg. take ur chance in OT. maybe u win the coin toss. oh well
rushing only 3 on that last pass was the real killer.......