Rodgers comment made me understand dislike for him!

VACowboy

Reaction score
Also to put in in perspective as a NON Cowboy or Patriots fan.
For the sake of argument:
A Patriots vs Cowboys Super Bowl would be the equivalent as a Giants vs Eagles Super Bowl.

Who do you suppose a Cowboys fans would root for in an alternate universe in the obeve example?

Rookie Wentz vs veteran Eli Manning?

The Giants or Eagles would NOT draw the audience that Dallas would, I don't care who the QB's are or who's buying tickets. The Cowboys are the biggest draw in the NFL, period. If you don't believe me, look at the historical viewership for NFL games year after year after year. And when the Cowboys are good those numbers just get more exaggerated. Hell, the top three and four of the top-five most watched NFL games of 2016 involved the Dallas Cowboys. Check out this column: Cowboys Single Handedly Fixing NFL's Slumping Rating's Problem

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I respect the hell out of Rodgers, feared Dallas playing against GB only because of him....Appreciate his game and still do, elite talent- top 3 of all time perhaps...BUt I now understand the dislike for the guy that is also out there by fans like me that he had never rubbed wrong....post game Rodgers asked a question "what did you think when you got the ball with 35 secs left"....answer "they gave me to much time" with smug face....full blown belief in that statement..... WHAT???? Hey I am all for being confident, but that is rather over the top, easy to say after the fact of course!! Just kinda took me aback some.... bitterness of course, but whoa dude you are really full of your self!! Guess you can when you just did what you did...

BTW, I will still draft him in fantasy, dude is $$ lol!!!!

That is not what he said... here it is fixed.

question "what did you think when you got the ball with 35 secs left"....answer "they spiked the ball and gave me time that wasn't going to exist if the offensive calls were correct" with smug face....full blown in disbelief in that they did that...

FloridaRob

Reaction score
rushing only 3 on that last pass was the real killer.......

I don't know that I agree with that statement. Arizona brought the blitz last year in the playoffs on the last play and the Packers ended up with a hail Mary. You just never know....

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
rushing only 3 on that last pass was the real killer.......

agreed. that too. seems like early in the game we made dumb decisions. and then talk about throwin on 2nd & 1 deep in gb territory. (2nd half) even if dak saw a 9 man front i still run it w zeke. instead it was picked off.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Former Packers receiver Greg Jennings said on NFL Network early this season that Rodgers is not well liked. He said so when asked to compare Rodgers to Brett Favre, who Jennings said teammates absolutely loved.

Rodgers talks to people like he's "above them" and is a conceited, smug, ego-maniac. Whenever something goes wrong, it's never his fault.

I wish I was an NFL defensive end about the size of David Irving with a clear shot at Rodgers. Do I respect his game? Yes. But he's a grade-A ******. (Mods can delete that if it's inappropriate).

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Greg Jennings got his panties in a bunch when the Packers did not give him more money than the Vikings. He felt is was up to Rodgers to go to managment for him to get him more money. His sister was on twitter blasting Rodgers during a playoff game for not throwig to her brother. what Greg Jennings has to say about Rodgers is the equivalent of what Skip Bayless has to say about Troy Aikman. Pure biassed vomit....

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
let him gloat. the film shows the refs bailed him out plenty, they won't do that next week

StillLife

Reaction score
To be clear, Rodgers also gave the young Cowboys praise and respect: “This is just the beginning for the Cowboys,” said Rodgers, echoing McCarthy’s compliments of Dallas’ superb rookie duo of Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. “There’s going to be more battles like this over the years.”

rags747

Reaction score
Even die-hard Packer fans that I know admit Rodgers is not a particularly likable guy.

There have rumblings of it for a long time -- opposing players, ex-Packers, family members speaking publicly, etc. His aloofness has come off pretty badly in public more than couple of time as well.

I suspect dropping from 1 to 24 in the 2005 draft and then having to sit behind what I suspect was a Grade A a-hole in Favre for 3 years molded his personality quite a bit.

In the end, none of it changes the fact that he is an incredible talent.
Yeah he just does not seem to be a likable dude...it's more than just that one comment, it's a series if things with him. I prefer Favre by a long shot, a fun likable guy that seems very comfortable in his own skin. Man, I can't wait to drill the Gmen and the Packers next year.

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
Former Packers receiver Greg Jennings said on NFL Network early this season that Rodgers is not well liked. He said so when asked to compare Rodgers to Brett Favre, who Jennings said teammates absolutely loved.

Rodgers talks to people like he's "above them" and is a conceited, smug, ego-maniac. Whenever something goes wrong, it's never his fault.

I wish I was an NFL defensive end about the size of David Irving with a clear shot at Rodgers. Do I respect his game? Yes. But he's a grade-A ******. (Mods can delete that if it's inappropriate).

Sucks that a-holes like this get the calls and good breaks in the NFL while good guys like Romo/Dak/Witten get the short end of the stick. Such is life..

2d85njb.jpg

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GOOD thing we spiked the ball, huh? Of all the bad play calls that day, that one cut the deepest.
Neglecting the running game was even worse than the spike. Beasley got the first down. We were in Bailey's range. We should've called a running play. Some time would've ran off, forcing Green Bay to use a timeout. So they wouldve had less time and less timeouts after Bailey's kick. And who knows? Zeke could've broke one against that tired defense for the win. Instead we attempt a dangerous pass that was tipped. Fortunately it wasn't picked. Anyway I'm so mad at our coaching staff right now.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would guess that the league probably makes way more money with a heroic Dak Prescott story leading out of Sunday and into the NFC championship game and the Cowboys in the SB.
Then they should've called holding on the Packers because they clearly were. I don't think they had one holding call. Coincidence? I think not.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Then they should've called holding on the Packers because they clearly were. I don't think they had one holding call. Coincidence? I think not.

You really believe "the league" (of which the Cowboys are part) instructed officials to protect Aaron Rodgers or to make calls to ensure the Packers won or something?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really believe "the league" (of which the Cowboys are part) instructed officials to protect Aaron Rodgers or to make calls to ensure the Packers won or something?
Do you really believe the Packers o-line was never guilty of holding in 4 quarters of play? One of our guys was darn near tackled on that last play. I hope Dak develops God status too one day. That would benefit us.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I respect the hell out of Rodgers, feared Dallas playing against GB only because of him....Appreciate his game and still do, elite talent- top 3 of all time perhaps...BUt I now understand the dislike for the guy that is also out there by fans like me that he had never rubbed wrong....post game Rodgers asked a question "what did you think when you got the ball with 35 secs left"....answer "they gave me to much time" with smug face....full blown belief in that statement..... WHAT???? Hey I am all for being confident, but that is rather over the top, easy to say after the fact of course!! Just kinda took me aback some.... bitterness of course, but whoa dude you are really full of your self!! Guess you can when you just did what you did...

BTW, I will still draft him in fantasy, dude is $$ lol!!!!

LOL Rodgers, HONESTLY his thought was my thought EXACTLY.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Do you really believe the Packers o-line was never guilty of holding in 4 quarters of play? One of our guys was darn near tackled on that last play. I hope Dak develops God status too one day. That would benefit us.

Hell no I don't believe it and never said I did. But neither do I believe there's a league conspiracy to get Green Bay to Houston or keep Dallas from it. I think some players get calls just like they do in the NBA. It's not fair. It's not right. It pisses me off, but I don't think it's an indication of anything more than officials buying all the media worship of Aaron Rodgers. If any call looks like an attempt to thwart the Cowboys, it was the ridiculous fabrication against Butler. I don't know how that happens without someone really looking hard for something to call. That it negated a 22-yard completion that put us in the red zone almost makes me question my beliefs.