Roger Goodell has a Jerry Jones problem

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
As much as we all see hor bad of a commish that Goodell is, he still seems to punk Jerry.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is his own problem.....

That self-made multi-billion dollar wallet begs to differ. He isn't afraid to fail which gives him the strength and moxy to do big things. Things so big that most others are too afraid to even try. You can't win if you don't try.

There is a lot about Jones I do not respect and a few things I deeply respect about Jones. His moxy is definitely something I highly respect about him.

Reactions: CWR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
This quote

"Switching commissioners is like switching from an iPhone to a Samsung," one ownership source says. "Do my pictures transfer? Do my contacts? Does my music? In the end, why take the risk?"

Is why the NFL is a sinking ship waiting to happen. This is more like having switched to a flip phone and when it sucks being worried that your next choice in phones may be a bad one.

They really think that Goodell is the only person that can do this job?

Good grief.

As I suspected from the beginning, the entire EE suspension was a power play between Goodell and Jerry. Goodell didn't like being seen as the puppet commissioner and lied to Jerry to get his consent for an extension. Then he basically made the 'evidence' fit his agenda and suspended EE. It's really appalling what happened to EE.

YR

CWR

Reaction score
"The New York Daily News" had obtained incriminating evidence from Washington state law enforcement authorities that Friel, with her multimillion-dollar budget, had failed to gather.

Huh, seems like she could have tried a tad bit harder VS the Giants kicker.

One of the best articles Ive read in a long time. I admire Jerry's work with the league. Its a damn shame if the other owners in agreeance with Jones are too weak to stand with him. Although it sounds like most are willing to sacrifice for one more contract. Goodells handling of the last CBA is what is keeping many behind him still.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
This quote

"Switching commissioners is like switching from an iPhone to a Samsung," one ownership source says. "Do my pictures transfer? Do my contacts? Does my music? In the end, why take the risk?"

Is why the NFL is a sinking ship waiting to happen. This is more like having switched to a flip phone and when it sucks being worried that your next choice in phones may be a bad one.

They really think that Goodell is the only person that can do this job?

Good grief.

As I suspected from the beginning, the entire EE suspension was a power play between Goodell and Jerry. Goodell didn't like being seen as the puppet commissioner and lied to Jerry to get his consent for an extension. Then he basically made the 'evidence' fit his agenda and suspended EE. It's really appalling what happened to EE.

YR
Goodell = Dirty rotten snake.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
That self-made multi-billion dollar wallet begs to differ. He isn't afraid to fail which gives him the strength and moxy to do big things. Things so big that most others are too afraid to even try. You can't win if you don't try.

There is a lot about Jones I do not respect and a few things I deeply respect about Jones. His moxy is definitely something I highly respect about him.

There's no Moxy in acting like spoiled brat because he didn't get his way which is what he's doing, didn't mind when another teams player was being penalized for deflating footballs but when one of his guys are suspended for conduct detrimental to the league, then he's looking to go to war.....he's sounding more like a senile old man, ala Al Davis, than moxy!!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
There's no Moxy in acting like spoiled brat because he didn't get his way which is what he's doing, didn't mind when another teams player was being penalized for deflating footballs but when one of his guys are suspended for conduct detrimental to the league, then he's looking to go to war.....he's sounding more like a senile old man, ala Al Davis, than moxy!!

How could Jerry mind when Brady was suspended for destroying evidence? It's pretty clear cut.

YR

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

This is a garbage response. Brady was caught cheating AND destroying evidnce. The police and the NFL's own investigator didn't believe there was enough evidence for any type of punishment for Elliot. Even the most minuscule ability to reason would easily tell you that is an apple to oranges comparison. One definitely deserved punishment if for destroying evidence alone! The other just straight up got hosed and was very likely a conspiracy to do so.

If I were Jones, I would go straight scorched earth in banishing Goodell for what he did and I would make a HUGE bet that says John Mara is the man behind the curtain pulling the strings.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
zeke was straw that broke the camel's back
this isnt just about zeke or the cowboys
its about a guy who has had enough
gotta have a leader who isnt afraid to change phones