Roger Goodell has a Jerry Jones problem

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You're proving my point. You are demonstrating the exact attitude towards the Patriots that fans of the other 31 currently feel about Elliott.

When Goodell screws 1 team over, nobody else cares or, if anything, they approve. So people in here who think the NFL owners and/or fandom are going to rise up in revolt against Goodell because of his actions in the Elliott case are just fooling themselves.
I proved your point of Goodell screwing over the Patriots by demonstrating how nothing that Goodell has ever done has ever negatively affected the Patriots, the exact opposite of your point? You have a strange way of defining "proving my point."

yimyammer

Reaction score
Sure it is not good for the fans that bought these PSLs although Jerry didn't force them to buy them. He offered terms that they accepted. As a small business owner and holder of two seats at Texas Stadium, I to looked at the price and terms and decided it was not in our best interest long term to keep the seats offered at the new stadium. I do not fell sorry for those that bought them because just like buying a house you should know what you are doing before you sign the contract. Jerry is a business man and has lost a lot of money and made lots and lots of money. Can't believe anyone in this country would complain about how much he makes because he makes nothing if fans do not buy.

I dont know if you are referring to my post when you mention people complaining about how much money jeri makes but if you are, you've misunderstood the intent of my post.

To clarify, I don't give two *****z how much money jeri makes nor do I resent him or any other successful business that makes money for that matter. My point is that the PSLs undermined any leverage the paying fan had to try and influence ownerships behavior because they have to buy the tickets whether they want to or not.

(Not that I believe fans would ever unite to influence a desired behavior)

All I care about is the Cowboys performance on the field. If there wasn't a salary cap and jeri would spend $$ to make the team a winner, then I'd be rooting like hell for his financial statements too

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this nfl used to be about a game on a field played by players and owners and other who cared about the game now its all about the power and money so ready for this lost season to be over with

Ghost12

Reaction score
I proved your point of Goodell screwing over the Patriots by demonstrating how nothing that Goodell has ever done has ever negatively affected the Patriots, the exact opposite of your point? You have a strange way of defining "proving my point."
So taking away a 1st rounder (twice), a 4th rounder and suspending Brady didn't negatively affect the Patriots? Seriously, if you want to discuss this you really need to join us in reality.

You have proved my point that when one team gets screwed over, the other 31 don't care. You laugh at the Patriots getting screwed over, just like the other 31 are laughing at Dallas getting screwed over.

yimyammer

Reaction score
They lost me from transferring to the new stadium when I read the fine print that the PSL's are actually just a 30 year lease - which is a fact I think a lot of Cowboys S.T.H.ers to this day still don't realize. Basically their value will dwindle down to $0 within ~20 years from now.

I bet anything the STHers are going to be forced to re-buy those licenses in 2039.

Yep, the old stadium had bonds that actually paid a low interest rate and you got the principal back at the end of the term.

When the Cowboys were bad in the late 80's, we looked into acquiring the bonds from people because the lower the price you could purchase them, the higher the rate of return (15% and up if you bought right). The problem was locating the owners was so difficult, it wasn't worth the effort.

Knowing jeri, he probably got his staff to buy all they could at the right price.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
So taking away a 1st rounder (twice), a 4th rounder and suspending Brady didn't negatively affect the Patriots? Seriously, if you want to discuss this you really need to join us in reality.

You have proved my point that when one team gets screwed over, the other 31 don't care. You laugh at the Patriots getting screwed over, just like the other 31 are laughing at Dallas getting screwed over.
The Patriots cheated. Their punishment fit the crime. In fact, the majority of NFL fans think it was much less than what they were deserving. In addition to this, Goodell destroyed the evidence. Who destroys evidence if it shows innocence or it wasn't "all that bad"? Regardless, nothing Goodell ever did negatively impacted them because it had no impact on the end result. They have been the winning-most franchise during Goodell's tenure. Nothing he has ever done has "screwed" them over. The person who needs to come back to reality is only you.

I was laughing at your notion that the Patriots have been "screwed" over. You are being obtuse.

Last edited:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Not for me.

I don't want that Chump any where near, anything professional football. Ever.

Much less have this lying, two-faced hack touch the Lombardi...............

Well unfortunately he's going to be there most likely as the Commish. So it would just be awesome if he had to hand Jerry the Trophy.

Ghost12

Reaction score
The Patriots cheated. Their punishment fit the crime

In fact, the majority of NFL fans think it was much less than what they were deserving. In addition to this, Goodell destroyed the evidence. Who destroys evidence if it shows innocence or it wasn't "all that bad"? Regardless, nothing Goodell ever did negatively impacted them because it had no impact on the end result. They have been the winning-most franchise during Goodell's tenure. Nothing he has ever done has "screwed" them over. The person who needs to come back to reality is only you.

I was laughing at your notion that the Patriots have been "screwed" over. You are being obtuse.
LOL!! Oh really? An equipment violation based on specious evidence deserved a loss of 1st rounder, 4th rounder, and 4 game suspension? Lame. When in the history of the NFL has an equipment violation ever been remotely punished in similar fashion?? What did McAdoo get for using a walkie talkie? A slip of 10 slots in the 5th round or something like that?

It is equally lame to suggest the Patriots won so they didn't suffer. By that logic we can say Dallas would have lost to Atlanta with or without Ezekiel, so they haven't suffered from the suspension.

Just keep typing. You're proving my point. When one team gets screwed, the other 31 (and their fans) don't bother to educate themselves or care in the slightest.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
LOL!! Oh really? An equipment violation based on specious evidence deserved a loss of 1st rounder, 4th rounder, and 4 game suspension? Lame. When in the history of the NFL has an equipment violation ever been remotely punished in similar fashion?? What did McAdoo get for using a walkie talkie? A slip of 10 slots in the 5th round or something like that?

Just keep typing. You're proving my point. When one team gets screwed, the other 31 (and their fans) don't bother to educate themselves or care in the slightest.
What a red herring. Nothing in my initial post had anything to do with the extent of the punishment fitting the crime. That is your straw-man. They were deserving of every punishment they received. My point has always been that nothing Goodell has ever done has "screwed over" the Patriots. No punishment they have received has ever cost them the ultimate prize. You're all over the place. You sound like a Pats fan in your inability to grasp the point.

rockj7

Reaction score
Did I miss this????

• Email
This story appears in ESPN The Magazine's Dec. 4 Fans, Family, Food, Football Issue. Subscribe today!

THERE WAS A PAUSE. It was Aug. 9, inside Roger Goodell's sixth-floor office at the NFL's Park Avenue headquarters in New York City -- down the hall, past the executives' offices and his assistant's desk, and through a large, thick wooden door that is both imposing and usually left open to serve as a welcome. Goodell huddled over a speakerphone with general counsel Jeff Pash. On the other end was Jerry Jones. Adhering to the protocol of giving owners a 48-hour heads-up before a major disciplinary issue involving their team is announced, Goodell and Pash informed Jones that after a 13-month domestic violence inquiry, the Dallas Cowboys' star running back, Ezekiel Elliott, would face punishment -- a six-game suspension.

The line went quiet. Seconds passed. Goodell's decision was an unconscionable violation of trust, Jones later told associates, because he believed that the commissioner had assured him this past spring that there would be no suspension. Jones saw in Elliott a genuine opportunity, a player so good that he had made Jones believe that this year he just might win a Super Bowl for the first time since 1996. His anger was palpable. Finally, according to sources with direct knowledge of the call, Jones broke the silence. He aimed his words not only at Goodell's decision but also at his role as judge, jury and executioner in the case.

"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said. Then he mentioned Deflategate. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a p---y compared to what I'm going to do."

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...w-coming-led-dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones

In other words

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
where do you get that?

Up until the Zeke issue, it appears jeri has had Goodell's back

I'm not disputing that. In referring to the past, I was referring to the rift that occurred when Goodell went back on his word not to suspend Zeke, which was in the not-too-distant past. Of course, the ongoing feud that followed was a continuance of his breach of promise, right up until now. Describe it however you might, I'm simply saying there's a personal feud going on, regardless of how the time element is perceived.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I'm not disputing that. In referring to the past, I was referring to the rift that occurred when Goodell went back on his word not to suspend Zeke, which was in the not-too-distant past. Of course, the ongoing feud that followed was a continuance of his breach of promise, right up until now. Describe it however you might, I'm simply saying there's a personal feud going on, regardless of how the time element is perceived.

gotcha

Ghost12

Reaction score
What a red herring. Nothing in my initial post had anything to do with the extent of the punishment fitting the crime. That is your straw-man. They were deserving of every punishment they received. My point has always been that nothing Goodell has ever done has "screwed over" the Patriots. No punishment they have received has ever cost them the ultimate prize. You're all over the place. You sound like a Pats fan in your inability to grasp the point.
And you sound like the fans of 31 other teams talking about Elliott: "He's clearly proven guilty of beating a woman! He deserves every suspension he got and the Cowboys aren't being screwed!"

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Someone with the tools need to create a similar video of the "Dallas" tv show but with the NFL characters. Just remember to keep the shot of the old Texas stadium

Jerry makes a great J.R. .. right?

:cool: