Roger Goodell needs to be fired. Kraft and Brady need to make it happen

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
How do we know they didn't cheat in the Baltimore game? That game was close. I doubt the Colts game was the first time they did this.

They actually scored a touchdown against Baltimore after failing to sit an eligible receiver. Refs should have spotted it but the Pats were gaming that system as well. They're cheaters thru and thru.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
They actually scored a touchdown against Baltimore after failing to sit an eligible receiver. Refs should have spotted it but the Pats were gaming that system as well. They're cheaters thru and thru.

How many times have the headsets gone bad for the visitors at Gillette? More than a handful.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I believe that it all factors into a culture of win at all costs that has worked to foster these repeated instances in an effort to overcome perceived shortcomings. Think about the thought process that this systemic rule skirting involves. You are basically admitting to yourself that you're not capable of winning without a tilted field. Considering the history of the organization, you have to think that this mentality has embedded itself in the psyche of the key players. And that's why I applaud the stand the NFL has taken in this instance. A slap on the wrist threatens the integrity of the game and creates an appearance of favoritism that should not be associated with any team. Coming at the pinnacle of the season only exacerbates the significance.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
How many times have the headsets gone bad for the visitors at Gillette? More than a handful.

Yeah and the funny thing about the Baltimore substitutions is that it was written off as legal so quickly that the team was actually credited for the move despite the reality that it was not allowed.

The league seemingly came to the team's defense in the immediate aftermath of the game before issuing a correction two weeks later that ruled the Solder TD illegal. With all the ensuing hubbub over deflation, the correction was lost in the shuffle and even today if you Google it the first links are going to say it was legal.

Considering that Brady was chiding Harbaugh to study his rule book, you'd have to think that there's a very good chance that they knew it was illegal but sought to exploit the rules anyway. Darn you Pete Carroll for letting them get away with it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah and the funny thing about the Baltimore substitutions is that it was written off as legal so quickly that the team was actually credited for the move despite the reality that it was not allowed.

The league seemingly came to the team's defense in the immediate aftermath of the game before issuing a correction two weeks later that ruled the Solder TD illegal. With all the ensuing hubbub over deflation, the correction was lost in the shuffle and even today if you Google it the first links are going to say it was legal.

Considering that Brady was chiding Harbaugh to study his rule book, you'd have to think that there's a very good chance that they knew it was illegal but sought to exploit the rules anyway. Darn you Pete Carroll for letting them get away with it.

That chiding is what makes me the most angry.

Deflategate is all about the rulebook. The rules say 12.5 psi is the lower limit. ALL of the NE balls tested well below that limit.

LEARN THE RULEBOOK

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I look at it like a speeding. Most us of will speed but we don't get a ticket until we get caught. He got caught and when asked for cell phone to see the text and emails he refused. That was his right to do so the league can't force him but they are correct in saying he was uncooperative and based on what they do know Brady will be serving 4 games. He said he had nothing to do with it, I would gladly turn my cell phone into the league to show them I had nothing to do with it.

It seems more like not showing up for a drug test. You don't fail the test, but the punishment is the same.