Twitter: Rolando McClain visiting Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
According to word being relayed from some of the "insiders" at VR, the Cowboys have lost confidence in his reliability or the lack thereof. It's true that they love the player but not being able to count on his availability in practices and games has taken a toll. There are also "times when he seems disinterested" as well. His recent problems with the drug issues haven't helped his cause either.

They don't go into any detail about his miscues because that's not what JG and Jerry do but their confidence in him has taken a serious plunge, so they say. It certainly seems obvious by their reluctance to commit to a new contract.

Yes, money is a part of the problem but not really the main issue by a longshot. We'll see if they can find a solution both sides can live with. Personally, I'd like to see that happen but as things now stand, there seems to be plenty of room for doubt it'll happen.

I'm on the record weeks ago in not believing anything coming from the "insiders". They've proved they can't be trusted. Unless I hear it from The Jones' or Garrett .... I'm not eating the cheese.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Something is rotten in Finland.
I cannot imagine the Patriots wanting Ro when you consider the player's alleged lack of committment to the game, and his pending/ongoing, ahem, fire investigation.
Based on the Patriots no-nonesense approach this just not make sense. And if it do, then their business model half changed.

The Patriots don't care a lick about the off the field stuff. If you can help them that is all they care about. They signed Corey Dillon, Ben Watson, Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Aaron Hernandez, Aqib Talib, Legarette Blount twice and Darrel Revis when no one else wanted to touch them. They will cut you just as quickly when you can't help anymore.

They try to take credit for cutting AHernandez when he got arrested, but unless they add an Alcatraz Island team in the next expansion, he will never play football again. He will be locked up for life.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Patriots don't care a lick about the off the field stuff. If you can help them that is all they care about. They signed Corey Dillon, Ben Watson, Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Aaron Hernandez, Aqib Talib, Legarette Blount twice and Darrel Revis when no one else wanted to touch them. They will cut you just as quickly when you can't help anymore.

They try to take credit for cutting AHernandez when he got arrested, but unless they add an Alcatraz Island team in the next expansion, he will never play football again. He will be locked up for life.

This is my theory as well as a fan. Take all morals out of football. I want to be entertained by the BEST! What they due in there free time I could care less!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is my theory as well as a fan. Take all morals out of football. I want to be entertained by the BEST! What they due in there free time I could care less!

You almost have to be that way. If you start down the road of not rooting for this player or that player, you will end up at a place where you have to either give up watching sports altogether or becoming a hypocrite.

Wood

Reaction score
I was thinking he got one concussion, .. tried to stay on the field when maybe he shouldn't have, and got another one. Also fought another injury I think.

I am with you, I didn't see him quit on us.

he has chronic knee injury that will have to be managed thru rest of his career. I see him as situational starter only at this stage. Dallas is probably seeing him as same and offered a backup player contract. McClain probably still sees himself as 16 game starer or atleast he wants someone to believe he is and pay accordingly.

jrumann59

Reaction score
he has chronic knee injury that will have to be managed thru rest of his career. I see him as situational starter only at this stage. Dallas is probably seeing him as same and offered a backup player contract. McClain probably still sees himself as 16 game starer or atleast he wants someone to believe he is and pay accordingly.

source??

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Only chronic problem McClain has is with da Chronic

Iago33

Reaction score
You almost have to be that way. If you start down the road of not rooting for this player or that player, you will end up at a place where you have to either give up watching sports altogether or becoming a hypocrite.

I couldn't disagree more. I understand that many football players come from rough backgrounds and we all have flaws, but I root for a tan made of individuals and I want those individuals to be worth routing for. I'm not looking for heroes--I am looking for people that I want to do well. To think I have to be a hypocrite or not care one whit about the character of the guys on the team is a flawed binary.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm on the record weeks ago in not believing anything coming from the "insiders". They've proved they can't be trusted. Unless I hear it from The Joneses or Garrett .... I'm not eating the cheese.

If you're waiting on JG or Jerry to make whatever derogatory comments they might harbor about RoMac, then you're likely to continue to go on without ever hearing anything on the subject. Neither of them would do that, regardless of what they might envision as being taken as negative. Both of them are steadfastly committed to keeping that information "in house."

We'll see how badly they want him back if they balk on re-signing him. I'm confident that if they really felt deep down that he'd be a difference maker, they'd find a way re resign him. As much as I'd like to hear they've decided to do that, I'm willing to accept whatever they feel is best. After all, they're more than likely to be on the forefront of what's going on, whereas we're not nearly as privy to that information.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He missed a game and a half and he's unreliable, while Lee missed 18 games and they're counting on him. Go figure.

Are any of us there every day to see what's going on behind the scenes? Didn't think so. I certainly don't have any agenda when it comes to resigning someone who might apparently help our defense. I seriously doubt that the front office has such an agenda, either. If it's just money, they should find a way to arrive on common grounds. If it's much more than that, they won't. I'd venture to say that'll probably be the telling tale on this.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
If you're waiting on JG or Jerry to make whatever derogatory comments they might harbor about RoMac, then you're likely to continue to go on without ever hearing anything on the subject. Neither of them would do that, regardless of what they might envision as being taken as negative. Both of them are steadfastly committed to keeping that information "in house."

We'll see how badly they want him back if they balk on re-signing him. I'm confident that if they really felt deep down that he'd be a difference maker, they'd find a way re resign him. As much as I'd like to hear they've decided to do that, I'm willing to accept whatever they feel is best. After all, they're more than likely to be on the forefront of what's going on, whereas we're not nearly as privy to that information.

Just reading your first sentence is (for lack of a better word) ridiculous...with all due respect. All I want to hear from them is where the negotiations stands. No dissertation necessary.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Just reading your first sentence is (for lack of a better word) ridiculous...with all due respect. All I want to hear from them is where the negotiations stands. No dissertation necessary.

They've signed him, according to the latest I'm hearing. Feel better now?

Brooksey

Reaction score
he has chronic knee injury that will have to be managed thru rest of his career. I see him as situational starter only at this stage. Dallas is probably seeing him as same and offered a backup player contract. McClain probably still sees himself as 16 game starer or at least he wants someone to believe he is and pay accordingly.

I guess the guys on the inside were thinking starter.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The fire investigation is closed...upgrade you computer and you will see last weeks news.

You say closed, the investigators say stalled, inactive, so there, Mr. definitive.

And there is nothing wrong with this computer. the mission half state of the art technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.