Twitter: Rolando McClain visiting Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also confused on this lack of availability talk. Yeah he got back to back concussions. He doesn't have a history of her injuries so that's mostly just unlucky at this point.

And yes his body was nicked up but that's to be expected given his time off and the way he plays the position.

But talking as though he was barely on the field is strange for a man who just wrapped up a 108 tackle 2 interception season from off his couch.

Why anyone wouldn't want Ro on this team is shocking to me.

As famously said... This isn't the boy scouts.

The injury thing isn't 100% fair to Ro, either. The guy not only missed camp, but he had been retired the season before. He really had to hit the ground running. And the defense was so talent-poor, he ended up playing a lot of snaps, really quickly, too.

Nirvana

Reaction score

Solid gold. Some fans really don't get it.

smh-o.gif

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Kendricks is not a MLB in the NFL. He's even smaller than Sean Lee.

Eberflus disagrees with your perspective, he said he can play ALL 3 linebackers spots, guess you need to chat with flus on the subject.

I see him more at the will but Eberflus loves his flex.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
We'll see if Eberflus is right soon enough.

I think Eberflus much like with Hitchens wants guys that can play each position, I personally would prefer Rolando in the middle with his size but it seems to me they are looking for lbs with flex.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Maybe he burned down his house? Where is the investigation at?

DMN reported that the investigation was inactive and all leads have been pursued. That was last week. I imagine that is why this week he is out visiting teams. They know about as much as there is to know at this point.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I think Eberflus much like with Hitchens wants guys that can play each position, I personally would prefer Rolando in the middle with his size but it seems to me they are looking for lbs with flex.

Good thing he's not our O-line coach. We'd have a line full of Mackenzy Bernadeaus.

Reactions: BAT

Brooksey

Reaction score
Based on what he contributed? Ok, he was our defensive MVP and the best player on the football field,
I firmly believe there's a good reason why the team feels as lukewarm as they do about signing McClain. You can bet they know much more than any of us about what can be expected of him and what can't. NE won't give him much more than we would have, if anything at all. He's simply a highly unpredictable type of character.

Yeah but he has predictability too. Every Sunday he's the best player on the football field. Gotta be worth something.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Based on what he contributed? Ok, he was our defensive MVP and the best player on the football field,

Yeah but he has predictability too. Every Sunday he's the best player on the football field. Gotta be worth something.

Never meant to suggest he's worthless. I'm instead justifying the team's reasoning for their hesitancy in offering him more than he's willing to earn in terms of being available and keeping his nose clean. Talented? Absolutely. It's also an age in the NFL whereby onfield performance isn't enough anymore. Off the field personal conduct is more important than ever now.

Last edited:

Brooksey

Reaction score
Never meant to suggest he's worthless. I'm instead justifying the team's reasoning for their hesitancy in offering him more than he's willing to earn in terms of being available and keeping his nose clean. Talented? Absolutely. It's also an age in the NFL whereby onfield performance isn't enough anymore. Off the field personal conduct is more important than ever now.

I hear you, we promised him a contract if he performed. I think he over performed and deserves a contract. I would lock this kid up up for the next 4 years. It doesn't have to be "big guaranteed" money but he deserves more than the minimum.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
If he had a severe concussion? Probably and whether or not Lee would, it's medically advisable to isolate yourself from severe stimuli after experiencing head trauma. An NFL lockerroom is probably rather stimulating post game, I would think.

We're both filling in gaps with a narrative and I get that but you have no basis to speak to motive.
That the team is only willing to pay him the league minimum fills in some gaps pretty nicely, though, no?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I hear you, we promised him a contract if he performed. I think he over performed and deserves a contract. I would lock this kid up up for the next 4 years. It doesn't have to be "big guaranteed" money but he deserves more than the minimum.

It's a safe bet that as hush-mouthed as JG and JJ has been in terms of bad-mouthing the players, they haven't revealed nearly what they know in terms of their disenchantment with RoMac. It's been widely hinted lately that the team's insiders have let it out that the Cowboy aren't confident in Ro's willingness to make himself nearly as available as he should. As fans, we just aren't nearly as privy to the inner goings-on as those within the facility.

There were, as was reported on BTB, times when Ro-Mac didn't participate when he could or should have. Let there be no doubt that there's far more in question than McClain's on-field performance. Lack of availability was in question as well. The Patriots didn't offer him a contract before he left lately. There's a good reason for that. His status with respect to being vulnerable to suspension for drug use hasn't endeared him to other teams either.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Kendricks is not a MLB in the NFL. He's even smaller than Sean Lee.

Size at the position is only crucial if you do not have the right personnel in front of the player.

You are going to have a tough time finding a player that has both the size and the other skills needed, you have to make a trade off and I think in this system, size is what is sacrificed first in favor of speed, quickness, range, coverage ability and tackling skills.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The injury thing isn't 100% fair to Ro, either. The guy not only missed camp, but he had been retired the season before. He really had to hit the ground running. And the defense was so talent-poor, he ended up playing a lot of snaps, really quickly, too.

the concussion(s) at the end of the season are worrisome.

I expect injuries to Lbers. They are defense version of Running Backs at this point. You need lots of them. But the quesiton marks still remain and whether the injuries are his fault or not, we have 8-12 games of dominance surrounded by 3-4 years of not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.