Romo and Retirement

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Aren't we at that point where we can retire the word 'realist' yet?

When a word achieves the opposite of it's original intent, and then keeps digging...at some point you just have to take the shovel out of its hand and put it down mercifully. Don't you? Or do we just have to keep dressing it up and humiliating its corpse?

Post of the year.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
If he does, there will be weeping and nashing of teeth as people begin to realize how good he was & how devoid of talent they've become in the QB dept as a result of his departure

What will there be gnashing of teeth about? Not going 8-8 anymore?

tico

Reaction score
I think he gots 2 solid & 1 sketchy, so scouts got to get cracken..

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
You obviously have not looked at Romo's contract..................if he retires at the end of this season it basically nukes our cap and we are fielding a team of rookies next year.

So. It's long been time for the Cowboys to pay for their sins and start over. I'd be glad to lose if they got Romo out of here and actually rebuilt this team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So. It's long been time for the Cowboys to pay for their sins and start over. I'd be glad to lose if they got Romo out of here and actually rebuilt this team.

So you are fine with letting Dez, Murray, Rolando, and others walk out the door?

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
So you are fine with letting Dez, Murray, Rolando, and others walk out the door?

The Cowboys would be idiots to re-sign Murray after the workload he's probably going to have put on him by the end of the season.
Dez is a special talent, but he's a WR. They're the shiny hood ornaments of the NFL. How much success has Calvin Johnson had in Detroit? How many championships did Randy Moss or Terrell Owens win? Pretty much the greatest WRs of this era and none of them were on championship teams.
Rolando McClain is just some guy until proven otherwise.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Sadly Romo won't retire till they carry him off the field. He's a stubborn warrior, somebody needs to save him from himself. I can't believe Candice hasn't threatened his doctors with a malpractice suit allowing him to play like this... smh

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
The Cowboys would be idiots to re-sign Murray after the workload he's probably going to have put on him by the end of the season.
Dez is a special talent, but he's a WR. They're the shiny hood ornaments of the NFL. How much success has Calvin Johnson had in Detroit? How many championships did Randy Moss or Terrell Owens win? Pretty much the greatest WRs of this era and none of them were on championship teams.
Rolando McClain is just some guy until proven otherwise.

No offense, but virtually everything you said makes no sense. I've literally never disagreed more with a post.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
he probably isnt thinking of retirement but he takes a few more shots like he did or has been and the mind wont be the deciding factory...the BODY will be.

Any QB taking those shots after a while may be thinking of retirement. However that was 1 game, overall this season the OL has done a good job of protecting QB and of picking up the blitz and I see no reason why this OL and this offense can't get back on track.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Why is everyone so focused on subjects like this?

Who's leaving?

Who do we bring in to replace them?

Is this what realists do when thing are going well?

Because it's a football team, and those things are relevant topics. So what, we are supposed to bury our heads in the sand and ignore everything other than game day? Replacing players is an important part of a football teams operation, and since this is a forum about a football team, people are going to discuss it. So if you don't want to hear about it then go somewhere else.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Gosh just last week he was playing the best football in his career and today we are talking retirement. Man how things change in 1 week. lol

I think he is playing some of his best Football but I don't really think this is about his play. I think it's more about his health. I expect great things out of Romo this year because I think the makeup of the team is definitely to his advantage, if he continues to stick to the script, so to speak. It's just a matter of health IMO.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think he is playing some of his best Football but I don't really think this is about his play. I think it's more about his health. I expect great things out of Romo this year because I think the makeup of the team is definitely to his advantage, if he continues to stick to the script, so to speak. It's just a matter of health IMO.

No doubt any QB taking those hit is not a good thing. However it was 1 game, we go from 1 extreme to the other and it becomes almost a joke. Romo took some shots in the Houston game, even when he got the passes off yet no talk of retirement after the game. Why Dallas won. After any loss I know coming here will be loaded with the extreme.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Any QB taking those shots after a while may be thinking of retirement. However that was 1 game, overall this season the OL has done a good job of protecting QB and of picking up the blitz and I see no reason why this OL and this offense can't get back on track.

The tight rope Romo is currently walking,,,,All it takes is one game and one hit to force retirement for Romo. He is a warrior/competitor and I love that about him but eventually the bodily injuries overcome the mind and the fire has to go out. I love to watch him play and he's pushing harder than ever but a back ailment is the worst because it can't be fixed after retirement. Taking pain shots is making it worse in the long run and I hope he ultimately takes care of himself for after football life. I don't want to talk about him in the past sence but he can hold his head high as a retired DC.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No doubt any QB taking those hit is not a good thing. However it was 1 game, we go from 1 extreme to the other and it becomes almost a joke. Romo took some shots in the Houston game, even when he got the passes off yet no talk of retirement after the game. Why Dallas won. After any loss I know coming here will be loaded with the extreme.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that a team should always be drafting and/or developing a QB. It's a good use of resources IMO. However, I do understand your point about over reaction. I just don't see this situation as that. I think the reality of the situation is that Romo is a player, who over time, is going to see diminishing physical capabilities. Because he is a player who, IMO, relies on the ability to do certain things physically, it's going to impact his game. I think it would be wise for the Cowboys to start looking at taking a good QB if the opportunity presents itself.

To be clear, it doesn't have to be a reach. I don't think they should trade up to get a Mariota and sacrifice the rest of the draft. I don't think that's what should happen but, if the opportunity is there to draft a good talent, then I think they should do that.

Eddie

Reaction score
Do we really think Romo will be able to play out next season ... let alone THIS season ???

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
One more year after this year. If he did not have the back issue he could play another five more years.