Romo and Retirement

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Do we really think Romo will be able to play out next season ... let alone THIS season ???

My take is sit him to heal his back, ribs and ankle until after the bye, then make a hard run for the playoffs if he's well. With our schedule, his injuries I can't see him keeping this pace for a playoff run.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The term realist is a misnomer in and of itself. We as humans read and absorb information with a bias, even if its subtle. Most realists on this board, and most others as well, are working with partial information to flat out disinformation.

So are the optimists operating with the same bias? Are they too working with partial information to flat out disinformation?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I would feel bad for Romo if he had to retire early. I really want him to win one Superbowl at least to quiet some of his critics.

Eddie

Reaction score
This is why the $100 million contract with $55 mil guaranteed is going to kill this franchise for the next 5 years.

Jerry Jones can't be making these types of emotional based signings anymore. There's a reason why we've been mediocre for the past two decades ... this is one of those reasons.

Not only do we NOT have a replacement in place for Romo, his contract cripples us for years.

This is NOT a good situation to be in.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's not often you get a direct knee to the back.

He was playing some of the best ball in the league--indisputably--before the Washington game.

Now if the this knee-to-back thing makes him even more vulnerable to serious injury going forward, you may have a point. I have no idea.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
This is why the $100 million contract with $55 mil guaranteed is going to kill this franchise for the next 5 years.

Jerry Jones can't be making these types of emotional based signings anymore. There's a reason why we've been mediocre for the past two decades ... this is one of those reasons.

Not only do we NOT have a replacement in place for Romo, his contract cripples us for years.

This is NOT a good situation to be in.

Yea it's so crippling this team is 6-2 with him at QB and has a good shot at earning home field if the coaches stick to what works.

Romo is a top 10 quarterback in the league and considering it's the most important position on the field he is getting paid market value.

I have a hunch this team won't have any issues signing who they want to sign this offseason. In any caws the year is going well so far and it's only half way done so let's see how it unfolds.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
Do you really think Romo is going to last forever? He is almost done, it is time to start looking. Every team has to move on eventually.

Exactly. And the worst part is people are acting like Romo is a Hall of Fame QB or something. He just flat out hasn't gotten it done. He's good, but not good enough. I could see this kind of belly aching if he was Peyton Manning or something.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Exactly. And the worst part is people are acting like Romo is a Hall of Fame QB or something. He just flat out hasn't gotten it done. He's good, but not good enough. I could see this kind of belly aching if he was Peyton Manning or something.

He is just a soldier for the most part. If the dline keeps blitzing him, he just keeps trying to do the same thing over and over that doesn't work. If the offensive coordinator doesn't call a screen pass, Romo won't be smart to do it himself or override the play. He just does what he is told most of the time. That doesn't cut it when you are being paid elite money. For his sake, I hope he gets out before getting too badly injured.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ready to move on. I'm tired of being held hostage by this guy. The back breaking mistakes, his actual back, the contract and simply not being good enough. He's just an albatross.

Okay. Thanks for the explanation.

Derinyar

Reaction score
So are the optimists operating with the same bias? Are they too working with partial information to flat out disinformation?

Learn to read. Your question was answered in the text you quoted.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't feel like Tony is the problem this year. I absolutely agree that he didn't have a good game against Washington and I would also agree that he probably should have but on the whole, Tony is having one of the best years of his entire career. Tony is coming off the rails when we allow him to go away from the running game.

At some point, we will be forced to beat a team who can stop our running game and if that happens, we may lose. However, Washington didn't force us to do that IMO. We just need to understand that Tony needs to be limited and we must stay close to the strength of our team. That's the run game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Learn to read. Your question was answered in the text you quoted.

Ah, another smart aleck butthurt over a clarifying question. You do know what a clarifying question is? It's a question where you think you understand what the sender said but ask to make sure you are absolutely certain. It has nothing to do with reading abilities. It has to do with the desire to be certain you correctly interpret the information the sender wanted to convey. :)

Maybe this is where I say "Learn the full scope of the English language?" ;)

Bull Frog

Reaction score
I remember the last time we had to replace a great QB and it wasn't fun. I'm not looking forward to another Quincy Carter - Chutch battle for QB or bringing in a baseball player because he went to Michigan making him the next Tom Brady. I hope Romo gets healthy and continues to play at a high level like he has all year.