Romo Commentary

offlimits

Reaction score
Interesting. On the PAT after the Bland TD, I noticed that Aubrey slowed his mechanics down. Go look at the highlights. I noticed it in real time (or maybe it was all of the adult beverages we consumed) :laugh: I was never a PK but maybe he has been rushing it a bit.

CCBoy

Reaction score
First, Romo is much more Cowboy-friendly than Aikman. No surprise. But I thought his commentary was dead on.
*The O-line IS looking much better. Yesterday I saw actual, real big pockets. I haven't seen that in Dallas since the Travis Frederick lines. Biadiaz still is subject to
a bull rush now and then, and Steele still isn't completely healed so is less mobile to outside rushes, but overall, they are doing an incredible job of picking up stunts, holding their ground, and getting enough on run blocking to finally open holes.
*McCarhy has definitely changed the play calling from dink and dunk to old Oakland Raiders/Cowboys of the 1990s style of downfield passes. People will whine that Dak missed a couple of, yea, maybe easy, deep TD throws. But that was pretty common with every deep ball team.The thing is, WHEN you hit those, it's almost certainly a scoring sitution of some type.
*Pollard is looking like the back he was when #2 behind Zeke.
*Our kicker is simply the best in the league. Now, about those PATs. . .
*Quinn's D has led the league in takeaways now for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS. With Odigiezuwa and Hankins, we finally have the middle mostly solved. Yesterday although Romo did NOT mention it, I thought Vander Esch's presence was missed. But that was not a fatal problem as it was in the past.
*It looks to me (don't know the stats) that our red zone has gotten much better
*Also, Romo didn't mention and I don't know the stats but it sure SEEMS as though the pre-snap penalties are way down.

Second, Romo correctly said this team has all the ingredients to win a Super Bowl. Obviously the big (playoff) games are coming. But I haven't felt this good about our O since Zeke's first year.

Third, Romo praised Dak, who merely is the best QB in the league over the last six games INCLUDING the E-girls.

Last---and this is my comment---teams with bad records often have bad records cuz they play teams like us. Two of the Giants losses came to us. Romo pointed out that the Foreskins had two Pro-Bowl tackles, but we handled them with ease.

I see a totally different team than the one that lost to AZ and SF. The Eagles game, according to all, was very easily a Cowboys win.

Love having Romo announce. He was back to his play calling analysis.
Good observations...yes, Red Zone has upped it's game now.

Steele was targeted two games and intensely, but the past two games his play has upped his contribution.

Prior to engagements, rehearsal and directions are all important...and that applies also to the playoffs as well. Two previously consecutive 12 win seasons are relevant towards playoffs now as well!

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I knew a lot of fans would be cheering Romo’s commentary when he mentioned he liked the Cowboys chances of going to the Super Bowl at least a couple of times. He’s a lot more rah-rah about the Cowboys than Aikman. Troy is a lot more opinionated and knows what it takes to be a championship team and Romo doesn’t. Even Romo admitted the Cowboys have yet to beat a good team. The Cowboys haven’t been the same team against contending teams and they haven’t been the same team on the road. The Cowboys have been so good at home they haven’t even been behind once. They’ve only come from behind once to win a game this season, and that was against the Chargers. Things haven’t gone so smoothly when we’ve had to play from behind.
Ssshhh!
Don't be a Buzz Killington!
You're interrupting the narrative.
We're Super Bowl bound, baby!

CCBoy

Reaction score
All that Osa egg on your face may have affected your ears
He's been working in a noisy airport where there is non-stop take offs and landing...too long. Never noticing aircraft approaching now.

rambo2

Reaction score
Oh, did you get your feelings hurt Company Man?
being reminded that your company has not sniffed a championship in almost 30 years?
Lol, I'm so excited about the current team. It's awesome. Is there anything exciting going on in your life? Did you have a fantastic Turkey Day?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
*McCarhy has definitely changed the play calling from dink and dunk to old Oakland Raiders/Cowboys of the 1990s style of downfield passes. People will whine that Dak missed a couple of, yea, maybe easy, deep TD throws. But that was pretty common with every deep ball team.The thing is, WHEN you hit those, it's almost certainly a scoring sitution of some type.
The only deep ball I didn't like was the throw on third-and-5 (on the first drive, I think). Because deep balls are easy to miss on, I'm not a fan of throwing them on third down. Get the short connection to continue the drive, then take your shot.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Getting a little nervous on the PAT now. 1 in each of the last 2 games. I still like Troy, he tells it like it is. Truth hurts sometimes but needs to be said.
Hopefully since he's been so good on field goals, he'll hone in on what he's doing wrong on PATs. I think it is just a focus issue, maybe taking them for granted and not going through the process that he does on FGs.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think he's just not as focused on extra points. There is a lot of pressure on players, especially kickers. I think extra points is where he chooses to relax. Because there isn't as much on the line. If the extra point is big, I think he hits it. If and when he misses a FG, look for it to be when we're already up by a lot, or the game is all but over. This is just my best guess. Because he's hitting all of the FGs.
Yeah, you can't be so good on FGs and then miss multiple PATs without it being a focus issue.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
He should stop the talk of the Cowboys to the Superbowl. How many times did he mention it?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not at all.

Are you REALLY one of the crackpots who think I'm a dak hater?
You are a crackpot that have a history of hating on him.
Don’t try to play innocent About it.

We been through this before. Why are you concerned about what I post when I am correct.

rambo2

Reaction score
Hopefully since he's been so good on field goals, he'll hone in on what he's doing wrong on PATs. I think it is just a focus issue, maybe taking them for granted and not going through the process that he does on FGs.
An extra point is the same as a 33 yard field goal. 2 of the misses were on sudden scores by the defense.

gimmesix

Reaction score
An extra point is the same as a 33 yard field goal. 2 of the misses were on sudden scores by the defense.
It is, but it seems like Aubrey is treating them like they are automatic while he's locked in on the FGs.

Praxit

Reaction score
Agreed. After 27 years and the amount of talent on this team, nothing short of a SB is a failure.
..right now, just getting to NFCCG. Would get the monkey off our back.
Anything more, is bonus.

conner01

Reaction score
Getting a little nervous on the PAT now. 1 in each of the last 2 games. I still like Troy, he tells it like it is. Truth hurts sometimes but needs to be said.
I’ve never tried a kick but seems like PAT should be easier than a FG of same distance and easier than a longer FG. But I may be wrong

rambo2

Reaction score
It is, but it seems like Aubrey is treating them like they are automatic while he's locked in on the FGs.
It seems like Aubrey won't be the 1st kicker to make 100 percent of his kicks. With Dallas scoring so much, it's likely that Aubrey will miss another kick before the end of the season.