Romo destination odds

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about player coach for Cowboys if allowed and it helps Cap due to legit way to manage contract. Ideas - Assistant O Coordinator, QB coach - backup QB...

History - don't know what todays NFL thinks about this

In the mid-1950s Tom Landry played defensive back while serving as defensive coordinator for the New York Giants. In the early 1970s, when Landry was coach of the Dallas Cowboys, he made running back Dan Reeves a player-coach. More modern players have acted as player-coaches in an unofficial capacity, such as journeyman quarterback Steve DeBerg, who served as an unofficial mentor for younger, more skilled arms while also serving as their backup.
Would be idle, but I don't think the NFL allows that anymore.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
I hope Romo doesn't go to Houston because I don't want the Texans to win a Super Bowl with our guy.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if tony is serious about wanting to win he will go to the Texans they are in a weak division and a weak conference he would be close to home and they have a really good defense and running games and a elite wr they would jump to near the top of the list of playoff teams in the afc

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
All day long.

Only two barriers that I see
1) Osweiller's contract...can figure something out
2) Even though the Cowboys dominate the markets, Jerry absolutely does not another team in Texas truly challenging for a Super Bowl and market share.
Good point there. Would be strange with him in Houston for sure ESP for JJ

EST_1986

Reaction score
Houston seems to most likely choice to me.

Denver has a real nice QB prospect in Lynch who is hitting his 2nd year -- it would be pretty much throwing that pick away of they brought Romo in as the starter at this point.
Yea Green Bay really threw away their pick in Rodgers by not letting him start in the second year, making him sit a few years behind an aging Favre screw that guy up

manster4ever

Reaction score
AZ should be on the list and IMO would be a great place for Romo. That city loves Cowboys. Strong D, WR, RB and solid OL and coaching.

Yeah, depending on what Palmer does, it could be a possibility.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd take that deal all day, Stash. Clowney is slowly developing into a monster. Like you, I don't think the Texans do that trade, either. It would be fun to read the reactions of HOU's fanbase. They love the dude (Clowney).

I'd be willing to do Romo - plus a draft pick for Clowney. Not the 1st rounder, but I'd probably send them our second.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Houston makes the most sense. Elite defense, elite WR, strong running game, and maybe a legit QB away.

Does not make as much sense as you would think since they are going to pay Osweiler big money. They cannot afford two QB contracts like that, or at least they shouldn't.

I look right at cap money when wagering where he would go. Chicago is in good shape.

I doubt a team tight against the cap is going to risk it for a player that at best has a two year shelf life going forward. That eliminates the Texans, Broncos, Jets and even Buffalo unless they get real creative and want to really roll the dice thinking he puts them over the top.

Alexander

Reaction score
This is going to be a loooooonnnnnngggg offseason with trade proposals involving Romo and top shelf players in their prime.

I don't understand how or why our fans really think he is going to fetch much of anything, let alone players like Clowney.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Trade him to the Jags for Jalen! Seriously though, most likely landing spot would be Houston. Denver doesn't have interest in him. Jags and Bills are pathetic and he wouldn't want to play at either. KC already has an above average QB that hasn't achieved much his whole career.. just like Romo.

Alexander

Reaction score
Trade him to the Jags for Jalen! Seriously though, most likely landing spot would be Houston. Denver doesn't have interest in him. Jags and Bills are pathetic and he wouldn't want to play at either. KC already has an above average QB that hasn't achieved much his whole career.. just like Romo.

amd_tom-coughlin-speaks.jpg

Coughlin thinks you are out of your mind.