Romo destination odds

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by black label, Jan 19, 2017.

1. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

61,403 Messages
    67,697 Likes Received
    Ideally, Jerry would love for Romo to stay, but like many factors, it's not within his control. Neither is ignoring the best offer - if it does in fact involve the Texans. If he means what he says and wants to do right by Romo, and Romo feels that's his best fit, that's what I think will happen.

If the Cowboys could possibly fill their obviously biggest need in the process? It would be a monumental win-win for all parties involved.

In state bias and ego shouldn't stand in the way of that.

ShortRound131 likes this.
  2. stasheroo

61,403 Messages
    67,697 Likes Received
    I think that's a much more realistic possibility than Romo somehow staying.

3. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

9,618 Messages
    3,774 Likes Received
    He will either be traded or released. But not kept here. Dallas for sure wants to get something for him and all it takes is a desperate team to pony up.. like Minny did last year.

pjtoadie and stasheroo like this.
  4. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

25,948 Messages
    18,778 Likes Received
    It's not just Clowney.. Mercilus is an absolute wrecking machine and they were using them both in all sorts of looks.. and they got Watt coming back next year.. and they have been top of the tier defense, when Clowney hasn't played..

If Romo ends up there without them having to part with anybody, it's almost scary what that team brings..

And I don't know why people keep thinking Denver.. defensively they may take a step down, simply because they lost Wade Phillips and the whole coaching staff is new. Besides the fact they got a new QB, it's really UN-chartered territory.

daveferr33, pjtoadie and DFWJC like this.
  5. khiladi

25,948 Messages
    18,778 Likes Received
    And Osweiler is absolute garbage.. they didn't even want to start him and watching him play, it's just awful...

black label, daveferr33 and stasheroo like this.
  6. erod

erod Well-Known Member

30,706 Messages
    44,031 Likes Received
    He's still the best QB on the roster, and Jerry wants to keep him here. But Romo wants to play.

He'll likely be released. Most of the local media that his looked into it suggest a trade is not possible because teams won't take on his salary, so he'll just be released.

7. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

42,381 Messages
    25,042 Likes Received
    Fair enough. I've read more into what he has told the world than others may have and I respect what I believe he has said about his future options with Dallas. Of course, anything's possible. :)

khiladi likes this.
  8. DallasEast

42,381 Messages
    25,042 Likes Received
    :huh:

9. erod

erod Well-Known Member

30,706 Messages
    44,031 Likes Received
    Romo is the best QB on this team right now. He knows it. Dak knows it. The coaches know it. Jerry knows it.

He wants to play. But they want to get to the future.

He'll be released. Dallas will get nothing but cap space, which they will spend on a backup QB anyway. So essentially, the Cowboys will get nothing.

He'll go to Houston, and suddenly, the Cowboys will be the 2nd best team....in Texas.

10. DallasEast

42,381 Messages
    25,042 Likes Received
    You're lighting a fuse :laugh: but I also think he's here until his release is forced in June. I doubt he will be very visible publicly if that happens.

ScipioCowboy likes this.
  11. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

6,607 Messages
    8,052 Likes Received
    Garrett basically all but guaranteed that he will be released. He said they "want the best for him whether he is here or whether he is somewhere else." Doesn't exactly translate to "we're going to trade him to the Jets or Cleveland for the best haul". Jerry is also likely so racked with guilt about not winning a Super Bowl for him, coupled with the latest Three Stooges move of trying to win the Super Bowl with a rookie that he'll almost certainly do anything Tony asks.

12. stasheroo

61,403 Messages
    67,697 Likes Received
    To say nothing of how truly bad their offensive line is. I think that's a big reason why Elway's not interested. He feels that Romo wouldn't last 6 games behind that awful line, and he's probably right.

Keeping what they have allows them to take steps to fix that line. Giving up draft picks and cap room only makes it harder.

And say what you want about him, Trevor Simien outperformed Osweiler across the board, so if there's a team with a bigger need at the position, it's the Texans.

black label and khiladi like this.
  13. stasheroo

61,403 Messages
    67,697 Likes Received
    But nobody's saying he'll be kept.

14. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

45,650 Messages
    45,525 Likes Received
    Romo for Clowney.

The Texans made the playoffs without Watt and with a scrub QB. If they add Romo and get Watt back, they could be contenders.

15. khiladi

25,948 Messages
    18,778 Likes Received
    Texans are going to need somebody next year to match Carr. They got lucky he was injured last year too.

black label and DallasEast like this.
  16. stasheroo

61,403 Messages
    67,697 Likes Received
    Then you'll know who to root for next year.
    :facepalm:

ufcrules1 and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  17. stasheroo

61,403 Messages
    67,697 Likes Received
    Sure looks that way to me.

18. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

45,650 Messages
    45,525 Likes Received
    Manage contract?

19. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,109 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    Dude looks like a rat ready to get down on some cheese.

Trouty likes this.
  20. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

3,182 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received

This could be interesting

tecolote, black label, Trouty and 2 others like this.