Romo Flashbacks. Bring in Dalton, it can't hurt

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Whether it was a confused Cooper, or Dak throwing into coverage......I'd like to see Dalton play. I don't care what numbers Dak has.......W's matter.

Can they also actually play 4 quarters of football instead of only the 4th?

The Cleveland running game looked impressive. Dallas defense concerns isn't only the secondary after that performance.

This team is messier than a soup sandwhich.

Nothing is wrong with the offense, but even my unborn grandchildren can see that. If you think bringing Dalton in is the right move after watching Dak these first four games, you have an agenda that has nothing to do with Dallas's offense. Yours is just the dumbest comment of the season.

The defense is lost. They're playing too poorly for it to be a talent issue. It's schematic, but I sure don't know the park to fixing it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Whether it was a confused Cooper, or Dak throwing into coverage......I'd like to see Dalton play. I don't care what numbers Dak has.......W's matter.

The Cleveland running game looked impressive. Dallas defense concerns isn't only the secondary after that performance.

Changing QBs is not going to do a dam thing when your defense is giving up 50 burgers.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Andy could be the sensible solution next year . Dak is a good QB but with the issues the defense answer OL has , cowboys have to tell him to either take 25 mil max or move on . Same for many overpaid players . Cowboys don’t have the cap space to pay Dak ans still fix the team .

Once again, to all the Dak haters:

- He isn't going anywhere
- He isn't signing for 25MM
- He ABSOLUTELY has the skill set to win a SB.

If you feel this way about Dak, find another team to call your own for the next 10+ years. He WILL BE THE COWBOY'S QB THROUGH 2030+.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
For the guys that have a hard on for Dalton, did you guys actually watch him play in Cinci last year? Here is a refresher.....

16 TDs
14 Ints
8 fumbles
78.3 rating

The idea that he is some savior is laughable, there is a reason no team was offering him a starting job.

basel90

Reaction score
Once again, to all the Dak haters:

- He isn't going anywhere
- He isn't signing for 25MM
- He ABSOLUTELY has the skill set to win a SB.

If you feel this way about Dak, find another team to call your own for the next 10+ years. He WILL BE THE COWBOY'S QB THROUGH 2030+.
This is not about Dak , but I don’t expect you to understand it .
This is about cap management and fixing a broken defense , but I don’t think you understand that a SB caliber team needs defense .
Don’t worry about. Dak’s money , since it seems that is all Dak slobberers care about . he will get the money and extension he wants , and the cowboys will go nowhere with a bankrupt cap . Enjoy !

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
This is not about Dak , but I don’t expect you to understand it .
This is about cap management and fixing a broken defense , but I don’t think you understand that a SB caliber team needs defense .
Don’t worry about. Dak’s money , since it seems that is all Dak slobberers care about . he will get the money and extension he wants , and the cowboys will go nowhere with a bankrupt cap . Enjoy !

Where are these pro bowlers on D ready to play for Dallas?

basel90

Reaction score
Where are these pro bowlers on D ready to play for Dallas?
Plenty of trades are available at the right cap space , and will be available next season . Plus the draft . Earl Thomas would have been a good contribution don’t you think , if we can afford him .

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As fans of this Cowboys team, despite their recent troubles, I believe it's very likely that Mike McCarthy and his staff feel every bit as bad as we do and very likely, even worse. After all is said and done, they'll also be charged with the unenviable task of bringing them out of this horrendous mess that they're stuck with. Their task will be a "tough nut to crack."

They'll also have to bear the knowledge that they've failed so miserably to offer their players a better fate. Mike McCarthy publicly assumed the blame for their failures. That had to be a very painful and humbling experience for a man who was rejected by team that he served for so many years. At least, he didn't blame it on the players like a certain coach we know all too well.

Hopefully, this version of the Cowboys might find the will and the capacity to finally extricate themselves from their present ineptitudes and the loss of self esteem that goes with it. I'm quite confident that their sense loss is pretty significant, as well.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
For the guys that have a hard on for Dalton, did you guys actually watch him play in Cinci last year? Here is a refresher.....

16 TDs
14 Ints
8 fumbles
78.3 rating

The idea that he is some savior is laughable, there is a reason no team was offering him a starting job.
and we have seen the dude for 2 plays at the goal line. They were but ineffective.

Last edited:

Loso86

Reaction score

Dude the offense isnt the issue unless Dalton can play defense this team is going nowhere

Blue64

Reaction score
Dak is the first player ever with a 450 3 peat.

Use your head. You’re acting stupid.
Agreed so he is,

The stats don’t tell the whole story do they?

WHY does it take him until the second half to display his prowess? Sure OC trying to establish a running game etc... but you don’t wait till you’re behind by 3 or more scores to start lighting it up.

Under normal play where the opposing defenses are not playing more relaxed, his numbers aren’t that great are they?

He excelled in Garbage time last year and is doing the same again this year, sure all the great QB’s have had their moments of great comebacks.

The only difference is that they rarely are playing in desperation and are more consistent.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Agreed so he is,

The stats don’t tell the whole story do they?

WHY does it take him until the second half to display his prowess? Sure OC trying to establish a running game etc... but you don’t wait till you’re behind by 3 or more scores to start lighting it up.

Under normal play where the opposing defenses are not playing more relaxed, his numbers aren’t that great are they?

He excelled in Garbage time last year and is doing the same again this year, sure all the great QB’s have had their moments of great comebacks.

The only difference is that they rarely are playing in desperation and are more consistent.
Whatever

SackMaster

Reaction score
Best QB in the world can't win without a stout defense. Aren't we living that now? So we are stuck in a Ground Hog Day scenario.
LMAO, really?

First, please tell me who on the possible list of Free Agent and/or Draft eligible QBs is quote "Best QB in the world"? Hell, tell me who is clearly better than Dak and I would give you the benefit of the doubt..

Second, who said anything about a "stout defense"? I'm just asking one that is not on a record pace for being one of the, if not the, worst defense in NFL history. If they could be AVERAGE even better. And while I would love "stout", how realistic is that right now?

But let's say we have a stout defense in a couple of years after some really good free agencies and drafts. Do we give away a guy who we KNOW FOR A FACT can play at a high level at the NFL level, or chance it on some has-been or an unknown draft pick?

Oh, lets risk EVERYTHING to save us $20 - $25 million in cap space. Genius.

Please show me where trying to save money by letting a Franchise Level player, at arguably the most important position in all of sports, has EVER worked out for said team?

I'll shut up now and wait.
:thumbup:

Bing

Reaction score
Putting Cam in Kellen's system would be comical at best. The guy has never been a great passer, even in his MVP year, and I don't know if Kellen would be able to draw up a offense that Cam could be successful in. But then again, New England seems to chug along regardless if it is Brady, Cassel, Garoppolo or Newton. Now if we was able to lure Bellicheat from New England, then we can talk.

Bringing in a Newton, Dalton, Schaub, Griffin, Trubisky, Rivers, Fitzpatrick, Winston, Flacco, Gabbert, ect... (all upcoming possible Free Agent QBs 2021) is a CLEAR signal of "we give up" as not a single one gives you a shot at winning regardless of who is around them. It would be as bad, if not worse, than the period between Aikman and Romo all over again.

If you are willing to live through complete and total hopelessness for the foreseeable future just to "save some cap space", then I suspect you did not live through the late-90s / early-2000s and/or have forgotten what it was like to know that your team does not have the QB to win at the NFL level.

While this defense isn't worth a crap right now, even if you do turn it around in the next couple of years and you do not have a QB on the other side, it won't matter. Then everyone will be crying on "if we only had a QB"?

It's just as stupid as the fans who said we should get rid of Romo when he had no defenses. Sure he never won anything in the end, but without Romo (or a QB as good as Romo) the Cowboys would have been just like the Browns wasting high draft pick after high draft pick picking the likes of Johnny Manziel and Paxton Lynch to be the next starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

Thanks, but no thanks.

THIS team MUST have a QB as good, if not better, than Dak Prescott for ANY shot to win. Until you show me a VIABLE replacement, then you are telling me you just don't give a crap about winning. What's the point of "saving salary cap space" if all you are trotting out there is Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson or Drew Henson at the most important position in football?

I don't get it.
:huh:

jsb357

Reaction score
Dak ain't woth 40 mil but he is problem # 37 on this teams list of problems.

:popcorn: