Romo Flashbacks. Bring in Dalton, it can't hurt

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Are you his agent?
Interesting question. You're the one wanting to save money at the position. Why would you want the team to spend an additional $4 milliion of the salary cap for a player you know isn't the answer? If you just want to look under the hood to see what we've got waiting in the wings, why not thrust DiNucci into the mix? Doesn't cost you anything extra to see him and then we get to know if he has any ability.

Slick

Reaction score
Interesting question. You're the one wanting to save money at the position. Why would you want the team to spend an additional $4 milliion of the salary cap for a player you know isn't the answer? If you just want to look under the hood to see what we've got waiting in the wings, why not thrust DiNucci into the mix? Doesn't cost you anything extra to see him and then we get to know if he has any ability.

How do you know it's $4M more? Are you his agent.

I see it as saving $30M until the team can be rebuilt.

How many games has DiNucci started in the NFL?

Dalton is a safe play. I do agree that seeing DiNucci for a few games would be wise. I'd play both.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
How do you know it's $4M more? Are you his agent.

I see it as saving $30M until the team can be rebuilt.

How many games has DiNucci started in the NFL?

Dalton is a safe play. I do agree that seeing DiNucci for a few games would be wise. I'd play both.
He has incentives that can increase his pay this year. I was reviewing them and it's doubtful he will earn any of them so I guess I was off base. I thought it was based on snap count but it is has stipulations like make the playoffs and win playoff games so I think we are pretty safe there. https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/co...in-2020-if-he-helps-dallas-win-the-super-bowl

However, he's not the answer so if you want to save money next year, draft a QB instead of going with a proven loser like Opie.

Slick

Reaction score
He has incentives that can increase his pay this year. I was reviewing them and it's doubtful he will earn any of them so I guess I was off base. I thought it was based on snap count but it is has stipulations like make the playoffs and win playoff games so I think we are pretty safe there. https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/co...in-2020-if-he-helps-dallas-win-the-super-bowl

However, he's not the answer so if you want to save money next year, draft a QB instead of going with a proven loser like Opie.

I'd rather build a defense, then target the future QB.

It would be the same as now. A crap defense.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'd rather build a defense, then target the future QB.

It would be the same as now. A crap defense.
Maybe you hit on a 4th round draft pick again and get them for $465K a year for 4 years?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That would be ideal. Lots of great QB's weren't taken in the first 3 rds.
I wouldn't mind it myself but we don't do that wasting time on Dalton. If the goal is to go cheap at the QB position while trying to rebuild a defense, let's go cheap and try to hit a home run. The reality is Dalton or a mid round draft pick at QB will probably both fail, but we save the max amount of money going with a rookie. At least the rookie may have some upside. We already know what Dalton is.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
This is not about Dak , but I don’t expect you to understand it .
This is about cap management and fixing a broken defense , but I don’t think you understand that a SB caliber team needs defense .
Don’t worry about. Dak’s money , since it seems that is all Dak slobberers care about . he will get the money and extension he wants , and the cowboys will go nowhere with a bankrupt cap . Enjoy !

Don't even pretend to think you understand how I think or what I know.

Unless it's a 1-off anomaly, NFL teams need very good QBs to compete for championships. Jones and Co. made a terrible cap mistake by not signing Dak. No team is going to plug in a $2
This is not about Dak , but I don’t expect you to understand it .
This is about cap management and fixing a broken defense , but I don’t think you understand that a SB caliber team needs defense .
Don’t worry about. Dak’s money , since it seems that is all Dak slobberers care about . he will get the money and extension he wants , and the cowboys will go nowhere with a bankrupt cap . Enjoy !

You aren't smart enough to know what I think or to begin to guess what I understand.

The idea that a franchise QB can be signed for $25M/yr is ignorant. The idea that Dalton is a suitable replacement for Prescott is even more ignorant.

Jones and Co. made the mistake of not signing Prescott. They aren't going to get off the hook by spending less at the QB position now.

Hire a real defensive coordinator, not an ex-offensive coordinator. Don't make your best DE change his stance. Don't change the entire defense in this environment. Such a waste to have a productive offense and exactly zero defensive support.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
maybe bringing in Dalton we would have to change the game plan to use more run plays and screens. or we could keep letting pad prescott pad his stats when the defenses goes into prevent. oh well maybe we can get into the top 3 spots in the draft.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When the offense scores 35+ points and we still lose by 11.....it's not the offense.

Slick

Reaction score
Don't even pretend to think you understand how I think or what I know.

Unless it's a 1-off anomaly, NFL teams need very good QBs to compete for championships. Jones and Co. made a terrible cap mistake by not signing Dak. No team is going to plug in a $2

You aren't smart enough to know what I think or to begin to guess what I understand.

The idea that a franchise QB can be signed for $25M/yr is ignorant. The idea that Dalton is a suitable replacement for Prescott is even more ignorant.

Jones and Co. made the mistake of not signing Prescott. They aren't going to get off the hook by spending less at the QB position now.

Hire a real defensive coordinator, not an ex-offensive coordinator. Don't make your best DE change his stance. Don't change the entire defense in this environment. Such a waste to have a productive offense and exactly zero defensive support.

Wrong. No team has won with an average defense, but more than a few won with journeyman QB's

Name all the teams that won wth an average defense?

I'm not pretending, I'm asking for proof.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Whether it was a confused Cooper, or Dak throwing into coverage......I'd like to see Dalton play. I don't care what numbers Dak has.......W's matter.

Can they also actually play 4 quarters of football instead of only the 4th?

The Cleveland running game looked impressive. Dallas defense concerns isn't only the secondary after that performance.

This team is messier than a soup sandwhich.

I've been laughing since the first 100 yards rushing against this defense, because everyone forgot about Kareem Hunt. He's a garbage person, but a heck of a baller. Our defense is trash. He just filled it with torn up Totinos pizza boxes. Giant L for this team, but make no mistake. Cleveland is a better football team than we are this year.

BHendri5

Reaction score
It's not about him throwing game ending INT's on bad decisions. It's about not paying him, so they have money to buy a defense. Why is that so hard?

He's just not worth the money......defense wins Superbowls.

defense does not win championship please stop that bull, to win you have to have more points on the scoreboard than your opponent, how many defenses you know score points like that?
Defense helps true by stopping the other team and getting the ball back to who? Their offense to score, whoever started the defense wins championship mantra was an idiot

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
defense does not win championship please stop that bull, to win you have to have more points on the scoreboard than your opponent, how many defenses you know score points like that?
Defense helps true by stopping the other team and getting the ball back to who? Their offense to score, whoever started the defense wins championship mantra was an idiot
yeah Trent Dilfer was an amazon quarterback and didn't get the respect he deserved. said no one.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lol. This is such a troll thread! Dak sets yet another NFL record & the OP wants to bring in Dalton. :lmao2:
Wrong. No team has won with an average defense, but more than a few won with journeyman QB's. Name all the teams that won wth an average defense? I'm not pretending, I'm asking for proof.
Correction new member. The Giants had the 25th ranked scoring defense, & 27th ranked defense in terms of yards allowed in 2011.

They allowed more ypg than any other Superbowl champ. Not taking away from anything they did in the post season. The post season they were a completely different defense. But that's how most stories go.

Teams catch fire at the right time & their numbers look significantly different than they did in the postseason.

That's what makes football such a great pastime.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
maybe bringing in Dalton we would have to change the game plan to use more run plays and screens. or we could keep letting pad prescott pad his stats when the defenses goes into prevent. oh well maybe we can get into the top 3 spots in the draft.

The offensive line isn't opening holes for Elliott now so what on God's green earth makes you think that by changing to Dalton that this line all of a sudden is going to start making holes? When Dalton was with the bengals he had a better line than he has now and was always close to being one of the most sacked QB's yet you think that Dalton will somehow be better at coming from behind because the defense isn't stopping anyone.