Romo Hall of Famer?

dckid

Reaction score

@Idgit
I know, i know, Jesse is jealous or just doesnt like Garrett. Yes, this is a Garrett hate thread but Romo could've been a contender if Jerry gave him a real coach.

Is this a joke? Romo is not a Hall of Famer. Never won a lick, underperformed in the majority of big games.
Was a good QB in a passing era, was never an elite guy... very similar to Dak.
I am not a Dak fan at all, we should not sign him to the big extension.
Looking back it is glaringly obvious that Romo never took the game seriously enough. I am not saying you become Peyton Manning but he was never even Phillip Rivera level.
I know I will get a ton of hate but a clear and absolute NO.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No.. Absolutely not.

I think he was a great player but he has virtually no post season success.

If they let him in the HOF is a joke and I’m a huge fan.
You hate everyone so give me a break :lmao2::lmao2:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Eli gets into the HOF then we should just add Trent Dilfer and Mark Rypien too.

Those two QBs weren’t 2-0 vs Tom Brady in the Super Bowl and neither has 2 Super Bowl MVP awards. Plus neither are in the top 10 on the all-time passing list.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I feel for Romo. Jerry wasted the opportunity with him. We never really seemed to play it smart with him. Wade Phillps was a horrible choice for HC. Those were the years to really take over the NFC.

I'll never forget Jones being willing to sacrifice on the OL. I remember him saying something to the effect, "with Romo, we really don't need as much on the OL."

How many lower round and FA WRs did he help have career years? Crayton, Austin, Laurant Robinson, Kevin Ogletree all had great seasons with Romo, but did nothing with other teams once they cashed in.

If we don't play him in the PS, we may possibly win the Super Bowl with him in 2016.

Romo had some hard luck....At this point, I don't think he's a HOFer.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Eli gets into the HOF then we should just add Trent Dilfer and Mark Rypien too.
As if the fact Eli is top 10 in career yards and TD's, or the fact Rypien and Dilfer had about 1/3 or less the career stats doesn't factor in …

I get thinking Eli is overrated. I think so myself. But come on ….

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Everyone knows who Tony Romo is.

everyone.

he will get in some day. As a player and an announcer.

Blake

Reaction score
Usually when this subject comes up, there's always someone who argues that Danny White was better because he took us to 3 NFC Championship games, although losing all 3. I think Romo was a better QB than D. White. But, what do I know. o_O

Romo never even got his team to lose one NFC Championship game. D. White is the better QB. But, what do I know. :rolleyes:

Blake

Reaction score
Romo for sure no doubt had a HOF talent , every but as good as Eli or warner and for sure as good as flacco dilfer etc etc..

difference was coaching and teams around him..

;look at ram warner then NYG warner oh goes to Cardinals and wins another sb,..its abut the team most of those guys had better defenses..

no sbs = no HOF although one Marino got there but at ,east he payed in a SB..

unfortunate by i hole TR in high regard as one of my all time DC favorites..

Haha yea right! Romo doesn't make those clutch throws against the Patriots like Eli. Instead, he throws a duck pick-six to the opposing team before even getting his team close to the dance. Eli > Romo by a mile.

Blake

Reaction score

So many Romosexuals must be envious of Eli, choosing instead to live in denial and willful ignorance that he was a far superior QB to Romo. Romo doesn't make a clutch throw against the Pats. Not in his dna. Eli is a winner when it counts though..

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Hes not which is sad considering hes the best QB thats played for this franchise in the last 25 years.

Twin928

Reaction score
First ballot no but after 3 -4 chances yes romo dnt have the big wins super bowl playoff record but now ppl listen to me we going off stats yards tds cowboys records this man will make it I mean WHAT DID WARREN SAPP SAY THE 54th leading rusher Terrell Davis made it ok yes he has rings but stats we speaking stats yes romo is a hall of famer first ballot again hell no but years from now he will get that knock ok the door to canton class act

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I sat in the sports bar of every non televised game
( in my A.O.) of that 2014 season,that seemed to have some ether world/off planet magic sprinkles dusting over it at times.

CWR

Reaction score
At the end of the day Romo's teams didn't have the success you'd expect for a hall of fame QB. I personally think he was phenomenal and we squandered away most of his career with a bad running game and weak defense.

Once the running game got going we saw the best version of Romo. He stopped taking unnecessary risks and did a better job protecting the ball. I think a lot of his prior mistakes stemmed from him trying to do too much.