Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He didn't do anything wrong, just landed awkwardly.

That said, it's been a long time since I've seen 2014 Romo.

His body is failing him, but I think we can all agree he's never taken enough care of his body.

And it looks like this year he's just not going to overcome that.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Elaborate. What makes this hit any worse than the countless other hits QBs take.
It was late on a sliding QB. It was close so some contact would be forgiven but the defender followed through, wrapping up Romo, basically pile driving him into the ground. A golden boy draws a flag on the play every time.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
its easy to talk after what happened but i dont know what romo was doing playing vs seattles defense in the first place? no point at all.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I don't think he was kicked on purpose if that's what your saying. Avril wasn't trying to hurt him just a funny play.

CWR

Reaction score
There sure are a lot of people here convinced that a rookie is ready to lead this team based on 3 preseason games against vanilla defenses.

Even if we get a decent vet to run out there this season is already over.

Well fella, I dont see too many more options. Its Dak or bust. We cant cancel Christmas. I sure wouldn't call the season over. We need to call smart games and protect the rookie. Open up the field and then run it 30x a game. At least we have the line and rbs to do so.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
The delusion in this thread... Dak is a rookie. He may very well be super talented but he is still a rookie. He will be making mistakes. There will be games lost because of mistakes he makes. It's going to be all too predictable when CBZ turns on him.
this.. yeah just retire Romo, we're good with Dak :rolleyes:

/sarcasm

Don Corleone

Reaction score
It was late on a sliding QB. It was close so some contact would be forgiven but the defender followed through, wrapping up Romo, basically pile driving him initially the ground. A golden boy draws a flag on the play every time.

Lol, you must be delusional just like me :rolleyes::omg:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
The point was...Why do you think Parcells waited for so long to play Romo? He wasn't ready....

We probably roll w/ Dak...but if he gets his butt kicked...then you could ruin the players confidence for good. Not worth the risk IMO. Wouldn't be the first time the Cowboys have done this to a player. :rolleyes:

Ok, I agree about risk. But this is on the coaching staff. No one available to go about it any different. Poor planning when they should of drafted his replacement a year or two ago....

That being said, Dak has shown great poise, collectivity in the pocket, and doesn't seem to get psyched out. The one advantage Dak has is that he had a terrible oline in Mississippi and was always under pressure so that should really go a long way in advancing his development and readiness. My thoughts are he will be just fine. Many other QBs had to come in and start their first year, including our own Troy Aikman. Nothing on the field or his past has shown that he can't do it. Failing due to starting too fast is all mental, and that doesnt seem to be Dak's weakness as a rookie. Performance? well so far so good but he is a rookie so we will see.

Aven8

Reaction score
Well @DandyDon52 your post you got roasted for the other day that led to 20 pages isn't looking that bad afterall!!! :)

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
I think we should all be PRAYING the time table is more like 4 games instead of 6-10

this coaching staff couldn't win with multiple veteran QBs (Weeden / Cassell), and you expect them to just magically win with a rookie? and I like Dak

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
But, you think Kellen Moore is ready? He cant even see over the OL

Funny....

He would be your starting QB if it wasn't for a fluke injury...and poor backup O-line blocking. :rolleyes:

@ least he's been in the league longer than a Pokemon sasquatch.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Delusional? I've watched enough football to know how these games get called. There were some atrocious calls last night made in favor of Kirk freaking Cousins. Yes, the game is already dead...

To summarize....

I've seen bad calls when Brady, Rodgers, and Cousins are playing so I want to see bad calls when Romo plays, too. Never mind if this doesn't change the fact that Romo would have been injured regardless of whether or not a flag was thrown, I want that flag, ******!

That about capture everything?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So basically, it'll be Dak until the bye (or sooner, I suppose, but I suspect they'd just give the extra time to be safe even if he was good at the 6 week time frame)? It's not good...but I guess it could be a lot worse.