Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

plymkr

Reaction score
Not going to happen at his age. He will die trying to win a Super Bowl on HIS terms.
He's going to die trying then, after 20 years and a 500 record, He should know HIS way doesn't work. Sucks we have to suffer for it. Sucks even more than Romo and Witten had to live through it. 2 of the best (and my favorite) Cowboys of all time wasted under HIS way.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
What's surprising is that Tony was warming up and begging to come back in, he's as tough as it gets. Really sucks that he's out for so long.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I think we should all be PRAYING the time table is more like 4 games instead of 6-10

this coaching staff couldn't win with multiple veteran QBs, and you expect them to just magically win with a rookie? and I like Dak

Dak is light years better than any backup we had last year. He will also have an elite WR, elite TE, elite oline and elite Rb. He will succeed.

jimmy40

Reaction score
lucky it wasn't worse, he could have had all his weight on the back of Romo's head

ufcrules1

Reaction score
So basically, it'll be Dak until the bye (or sooner, I suppose, but I suspect they'd just give the extra time to be safe even if he was good at the 6 week time frame)? It's not good...but I guess it could be a lot worse.

Dak may play awesome and Romo not get his job back too.

Zman5

Reaction score
Funny....

He would be your starting QB if it wasn't for a fluke injury...and poor backup O-line blocking. :rolleyes:

@ least he's been in the league longer than a Pokemon sasquatch.

If anything, that should tell us all how bad this coaching staff is at evaluating QBs.

Last edited:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
To summarize....

I've seen bad calls when Brady, Rodgers, and Cousins are playing so I want to see bad calls when Romo plays, too. Never mind if this doesn't change the fact that Romo would have been injured regardless of whether or not a flag was thrown, I want that flag, ******!

That about capture everything?

You really don't get it. Opposing defenders have no fear at all with taking borderline shots at Romo because he doesn't draw flags. There was even a thread with some solid statistical facts about this recently in this forum. Defenders won't take the same liberties with golden boys.

Fact is the NFL has gone out of its way to protect QBs. They go the extra mile for some of them and not for others.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
well atleast risk him getting hurt in a game that counts. that game was meaningless.

I have never seen a starting QB not play at all in the preseason. The preseason is to get you ready for the regular season.

toto1939

Reaction score
After seeing Tony on Thursday night, were there many people who really thought he would last through the first regular season game?

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Funny....

He would be your starting QB if it wasn't for a fluke injury...and poor backup O-line blocking. :rolleyes:

@ least he's been in the league longer than a Pokemon sasquatch.
don't take this the wrong way as this is an opinion board and this is my opinion as yours is yours, but I think we may be lucky that Moore was injured, otherwise this coaching staff would most likely have missed out on getting a good look at Dak.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why go through the motions? 6 to 10 weeks until what? He starts to try to get back into shape. All iit took was one hit.
was a really dumb decision for tony to play in seattle
Some of us were saying he shouldnt play in that game, Seattle doesnt like Dallas, and it was in Seattle, and they are playing
all out in preseason to get ready for Season.
Tony had not played in awhile, and then did his awkward slide and got hit at same time.
And now everyone saying it is over , too fragile, he took a bad and odd hit, and may have been kicked by avril.
That could have hurt any player.

I think they are stupid to play him in Giants game , let him heal up good, and just see what Dak can do.
Dallas can win with Dak.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I think we should all be PRAYING the time table is more like 4 games instead of 6-10

this coaching staff couldn't win with multiple veteran QBs (Weeden / Cassell), and you expect them to just magically win with a rookie? and I like Dak
Somehow I don't think he's going to be out as long as the estimates. I think as soon as some kind of minimum amount of healing happens he will armor up and foolishly run out there. I mean clearly he wasn't fully healed last year and there were reports he would have been back out there even earlier had he not been placed on the injured list.

plymkr

Reaction score
0-4 start and not a single thing will happen to that Bozo
The team will have to quit on him the way they did Wade Phillips. But then who will he hire? Knowing the genius of our GM he'll fire Garrett and hire Wade Phillips son to be the next coach in training.

Romo was our last hope at a ring.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Last night Josh McCown was throwing the ball to completely covered receivers. At 4 million I don't think he's worth it.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dak may play awesome and Romo not get his job back too.

I love Romo but if Dak is the better QB when Romo returns, Dak should play. Having said that, I doubt Dak will be better and even if he was, I doubt JG has guts to do that.

I remember Columbo getting a nod over Free in 2009. Free was playing well and Columbo was out for long time with an injury. Columbo started against Minny his first game back and couldn't block worth crap and Romo got his butt kicked in that playoff game.