Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

Fontaine

Reaction score
Forgive me if it's already been discussed, but do you think we'll sign another QB to backup Dak, also just in case (god forbid) Dak doesn't pan out? Or do we roll with Moore and Showers?

jimmy40

Reaction score
I hate qbs that throw the ball away or take a dive at the first sign of trouble (Tom Brady)but it's time for Tony to learn to throw the ball away or take a dive at the first sign of trouble.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think he's going to be out as long as the estimates. I think as soon as some kind of minimum amount of healing happens he will armor up and foolishly run out there. I mean clearly he wasn't fully healed last year and there were reports he would have been back out there even earlier had he not been placed on the injured list.
I kinda see this happening too after watching him lobby so hard to go back in the Seattle game. Not to mention he looked to be in good spirits and moving fine during post game interviews

we'll have to see..

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I have never seen a starting QB not play at all in the preseason. The preseason is to get you ready for the regular season.

its just my opinion. but 2 quarters of play wasnt gona make a world of difference opening night. like i said its easy to talk after the consequences. oh well

Deep_South

Reaction score
One of the talking heads on NFLN said he was told Tony would have to have an epidural to play when he comes back.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I kinda see this happening too after watching him lobby so hard to go back in the Seattle game. Not to mention he looked to be in good spirits and moving fine during post game interviews

we'll have to see..
He did the same thing when he broke his first collarbone against the Giants. He still was out for a long time.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
One of the talking heads on NFLN said he was told Tony would have to have an epidural to play when he comes back.
so like he did in 2014? and then went on to have an MVP caliber season

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No IR. Jerry is the ultimate optimist. He would rather cut a player we need then lose out on a chance!
He absolutly goes on the IR.....if they say 10 weeks then it's 12 at least for Romo and that point is moot....it is ride or die with Dak anyways

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I felt it was a bonehead play and he should have just grounded the ball, who cares? However, it could be the opposite. When he felt it closing in on him, he may have felt more vulnerable where he was and instinctively took off to get in the open and get down. Or he felt the pressure to make a play out of nothing because of Footsteps.

There is only one fact I know for certain. Given the time, he would have protected himself because as competitive as he is, he didn't want to give up his job unless Footsteps took it away from him as he did Bledsoe. Do we think he would have been fighting to get back in if that had been Cassel or Weeden out there? If you get the chance, take a good long look at his body language and eyes when Dak was wowing everyone. Not saying he's not happy for him and mentoring him but show me the QB that wants to go out that way. Think he doesn't know that after Weeden and Cassell everyone was antsy to get Romo back. You can take a look around this forum or any other and that's a reflection of how many were ready for the next franchise QB. Do we think he's not aware of that?

I posted something like these "why", "what was he thinking" posts but the more I think about that and him, I really do think he was feeling pressure to perform and quieten the DakAttackers. He's never been through anything like this before. No Cowboys team has ever seen this. He wasn't a husband, father or mentor on that play, he was the QB doing what they do.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He thought he was running to wide open space and out of harms way to then slide.
He was wrong.

I feel sick for the team and him

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The bad thing is if that had been a reg season game, jerry would have told JG Romo was ok to go back in, and JG would have let him,
and Tony would have gone back in , not knowing he had the broken bone.
I knew he could not be ok just by looking at his face when he was on the ground in intense pain.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And 2/3rds of that money has already been paid to Romo. He's already been paid everything that isn't accounted for by his base salary. At this point, he'll earn $8.5M regardless of whether or not he's on the roster.

Does retiring affect that amount in any way if he were to do that?

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
He did the same thing when he broke his first collarbone against the Giants. He still was out for a long time.
oh I remember very well. I don't know.. it's 2 different injuries and he's played with a broken back before (transverse processes) so it wouldn't surprise me

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Welcome to the Dak Prescott show. As good as he's been in the preseason, this is not good for him. As for Tony, might be time to hang em up..

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
again you are reading the obvious. I get it. I am reading behind the words.
Oh. Because it seemed like you just didn't read it that well, period. You know, after not being aware of it in the first place.

Kinda thing.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Echoing what others have said. Romo is done. I thank him for the memories, but The Dallas Cowboys need to move on for their fan's sake.