Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

StylisticS

Reaction score
Seems like yesterday those pictures with Romo has Moxie or something like that was posted all over the forums in 2006. All good things comes to an end. You can tell Romo knew that this maybe it as he was standing there in the Seattle game.

StylisticS

Reaction score
wow floaty, you are apparently not watching the same Dak. Really, this entire post is wrong (with maybe the exception of teams blitzing alot because you always blitz rookie QBs - thats standard).

You have been apparently silenced about our need to "wait" for Kellen Moore due to Dak's performance up to this point, but somehow with Romo going down with injury somehow gives you reason to say that Dak has poor vision, doesn't read the field, has accuracy problems, and that the only thing he can do is run the ball well?????????????????????????? :huh:

Dak is the best performing rookie QB in this entire 2016 draft. I could go through a whole list of things where you are wrong, but let me just give you a pointer and that is if any NFL team offers you a job scouting talent, turn them down. (unless they are Commanders, Giants, Eagles :))
I don't get the Dak only makes one read. I rewatched the Miami and LA games and looked at his games when he was at Mississippi State and he makes it a point to read defenses. He did it in every game so far in the preseason. Only in the Seattle game is where he struggled which is not surprising. It's Seattle and he will learn from that.

wileedog

Reaction score
Again, more qualifiers in a vain attempt to minimize facts.
I didn't minimize any facts. I pointed out the context of those facts.

The only "drama" is coming for those refusing to see the facts for what they are.
You have decided that that hit was one that any other QB would have gotten up from. Please feel free to quantify that "fact" as anything other than your opinion.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Again. I don't care what he missed, when he missed, or why he missed, only that he missed games.
Of course you don't. Because that doesn't support your argument that Romo is constantly injured.

Continuity. Building for the future. And being done with this roll of the dice we continue to undertake, only to roll snake eyes again and again.
Or, you know, twice.

DMAC

Reaction score
Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. Time for our insanity to retire. Even though about 20 of our members will put on their Romo PJ's and curl up in the fetal position sucking their thumbs.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think we all kind of expected this. Not surprised at all if true.

I was watching the game with my little girl and she said "Daddy, I think Romo is hurt bad"

I said, "I bet its just a stinger, he will be ok"......................deep down I knew she was right, the way he was rolling on the field you could tell something was broken.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
NFL needs to look closely at how they officiate Romo. Defenses know that they can treat him like a rag doll with no consequence.

I agree 100% that Romo never gets a flag for late hits, but the hit the other night was clean. Seattle was not trying to take him out, it was just a weird play where the defender hit Romo from the backside just as Romo went to slide and he basically did a butt flop straight into the ground.

I would not have thrown a flag either if I was officiating that game, that was not a late or dirty hit, just a freak play that unfortunately got Romo hurt. That's football.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I agree 100% that Romo never gets a flag for late hits, but the hit the other night was clean. Seattle was not trying to take him out, it was just a weird play where the defender hit Romo from the backside just as Romo went to slide and he basically did a butt flop straight into the ground.

I would not have thrown a flag either if I was officiating that game, that was not a late or dirty hit, just a freak play that unfortunately got Romo hurt. That's football.

Not really late but it was clear Romo was going down and the hit was unnecessary. The fact that after the play Avril turned, saw Romo on the ground holding his back and Avril's reaction was to flex. He's a POS.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Romo is stubborn, he will be back week 8. He will be rusty but will probably still battle us to another win or two because in this sorry division we will still be in the race. But most likely he wont last more than a few games. I do think hes taken some significant hits but its naive to call it all bad luck. Hes an old man by nfl standards and while he is a hard worker hes never been your prototypical strong man suit of armor type qb. The hits have added up over time. His back was stiff before he took the field Thursday wether they say so or not. We know it was a problem earlier in camp. I personally think he moved like he was stiff going into the slide. His back is and probably always will be a chronic problem. Bad backs rarely ever just go away. I wouldn't have labled him injury prone or frail prior to Thursday but its impossible to sit here now and still believe he can come back and last for longer than a couple good hits.
Tony has never learned to not always try to make something happen.

Good or bad.

He doesn't know how to slide..

he doesn't know how to throw a ball away..

he's sort of self-destructive if you ask me.

And the main problem is...

this is not all about Romo.

It's about the team..all 53 players who sign on to play.

It's time to stop sacrificing the team just to prove Jerrah right about Romo.

Father Time has come to call Romo.

SAboys889

Houstonboys13
Reaction score
Just saw an interesting interview with David Carr on the NFL Network. When he was at Carolina, he pretty much took the same kind of hit (they showed it - was very similar to Romo's). He broke 2 bones in his back and actually came back in the game. He missed about half the season, but mentioned it still bothered him after he came back that year.

I saw the same interview. He actually came back after three weeks, but says he didn't have velocity until closer to 6 weeks. Says Romo may feel fine after the third week, but the coaches need to really assess where he is. Also, David was 27 at the time of his injury with no previous back injuries so that may be a factor. Good interview by the way

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Should they owe him tens of millions if he's incapable of holding up his end of that contract?
That is not how guaranteed contracts work in the NFL.

The team knew the risks when they restructured his contract 1000 times already, so if they have to eat millions on a QB who cant play anymore, well that is on them. Maybe if the team would have managed the cap better and not spent 50 million on scrubs like Carr, then they would not have had to restructure Romo's contract every offseason and now be on the hook for millions.

Just saying.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
My heart wants to believe all these injuries are not related and that he will be fine in 6 weeks. But this is a 36-year-old man whose body has been through the ringer in this profession.

I posted this figure in another thread, but I think it bears repeating: Over Romo's last 82 pass attempts, he has now suffered a broken vertebrae and two fractures of his collarbone.

I reeeeeally want to be wrong, but how are we not sitting here in Week 10 directing Romo's latest ailment?

StylisticS

Reaction score
Not really late but it was clear Romo was going down and the hit was unnecessary. The fact that after the play Avril turned, saw Romo on the ground holding his back and Avril's reaction was to flex. He's a POS.
To be fair, his intent wasn't to hurt Romo and he did check up on Romo immediately after he got up from the field.