Romo leaving really crippled us. Garrett has to change or leave

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Sure, and his completion % may go down even more. He had a worse completion %, but continue ignoring that and saying Dak has no accuracy.

Took Romo 5 years to even get near Dak's rookie year completion %. But sure, Dak is innaccurate and Romo never misses.
Lol if you think Dak is anywhere near as accurate as Romo was, then their is nothing else to say to you.

Mr Dink and Dunk pads his completion % by throwing 6 yard outs on 3rd and long as opposed to taking a risk downfield.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
With Romo gone it really crippled us, game play wise and mentally.

Romo was a rare talent. He could surgically take apart a defense, and make it look so easy. With Romo we did not need to come up with gimmicky plays, or plays that would help our WR's get open. Romo was that ******* good he threw the Wr's open and somehow made everyone's life easy, while improving every season.

With that being said, Garrett probably believes somewhere in his naive mind that it was him and his offense that looked so good, so tries and uses the same formula with Prescott hoping for the same results.

With Prescott we need to install gimmicky plays, rub routes, and wr friendly formations. Even the great Brady uses these type of plays, and I'm sure he doesn't need it.

Not comparing Romo to Brady, but he's not way out of the circle.

It just sucks, we abused Romo for so many years and never got him the help, and completely sold out for him, to at least try and win one. The only time we somewhat got aggressive was with TO, and Roy Williams. But he always had a bad Defense, and Bad O-Line until it was to late.

We will probably never Run into another talent and master of the game like Romo for another maybe 20 years, so we need to help Prescott and make things easy for him. He's not Romo, and this starts with Garrett, because Jerry isn't going anywhere

You're a joke. You couldn't wait to get rid of Romo. Even advocated that we go out and get RGIII, instead. But now, all of a sudden it's :

"Romo was a rare talent. He could surgically take apart a defense, and make it look so easy. With Romo we did not need to come up with gimmicky plays, or plays that would help our WR's get open. Romo was that ******* good he threw the Wr's open and somehow made everyone's life easy, while improving every season".
But who can forget this gem (other than you, of course).

Yeah because you don't agree.

Ok do this, and everyone who disagrees with me. Go to another forum( an all sports forum) post your Romo is elite, the best, ect ect topic. Link me, and if you have over 50% of the posts agree with you. I'll leave until training camp.

You all stay protected in this bubble, and make me look like some hater. Go do it, link me and everyone to see. If you are right I'll leave till TC and will never speak a bad word about Romo.

Now go ahead and tell me how the rest of the fans outside of Cowboys fans are idiots.

And here's your tidbit of wisdom when it was speculated that we would go out and get RGIII

Get him. Romo is done

Just proof that you're a complete joke that talks in circles with all of it flowing directly from your ***.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Lol if you think Dak is anywhere near as accurate as Romo was, then their is nothing else to say to you.

Mr Dink and Dunk pads his completion % by throwing 6 yard outs on 3rd and long as opposed to taking a risk downfield.

Let's ignore his rookie year when he was doing it just fine. "“Dak Prescott was one of the best deep ball passers in tight windows. A whopping 39.5 percent of Dak Prescott’s passes that traveled further than 20 yards in the air went into tight coverage. The rookie’s 29.4 percent completion rate was the ninth-best mark on such throws and he never recorded an interception.” – Matt Harmon, NFL.com"

He can do it, he just had a bad season. It really is that simple.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You're a joke. You couldn't wait to get rid of Romo. Even advocated that we go out and get RGIII, instead. But now, all of a sudden it's :

"Romo was a rare talent. He could surgically take apart a defense, and make it look so easy. With Romo we did not need to come up with gimmicky plays, or plays that would help our WR's get open. Romo was that ******* good he threw the Wr's open and somehow made everyone's life easy, while improving every season".

And here's your tidbit of wisdom when it was speculated that we would go out and get RGIII

Just proof that you're a complete joke that talks in circles with all of it flowing directly from your ***.
I didn’t want to say anything but I did a double take as well... this guy was a notorious Romo hating troll, one of the worst there was. I didn’t even have to look at his history. I honestly thought someone hacked his account. Maybe he had a change of heart, lol...

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I didn’t want to say anything but I did a double take as well... this guy was a notorious Romo hating troll, one of the worst there was. I didn’t even have to look at his history. I honestly thought someone hacked his account. Maybe he had a change of heart, lol...
Like I said, the guy is an absolute joke.

CODE_BLUE56

Reaction score
Let's ignore his rookie year when he was doing it just fine. "“Dak Prescott was one of the best deep ball passers in tight windows. A whopping 39.5 percent of Dak Prescott’s passes that traveled further than 20 yards in the air went into tight coverage. The rookie’s 29.4 percent completion rate was the ninth-best mark on such throws and he never recorded an interception.” – Matt Harmon, NFL.com"

He can do it, he just had a bad season. It really is that simple.
Yea, but he was 23rd in completions at and over 20 yards in 2016. No doubt he has the ability to pass well for longer distances, but that's not his forte.

Dak hit a rough patch this year without Zeke and having some protection breakdown. It happens. Zeke will hopefully be there the whole season in 2018 to lead the offense, putting less pressure on Dak to have to overextend himself. Meanwhile, he'll work on his game and get better. He just finished his second season. You ever looked at Eli Manning or Tom Brady's second season stats? Not at impressive as you might think...

Coulda/woulda/shoulda with Romo. Would the offense have been better with him and being able to handle Zeke being gone? Sure. But that assumes Romo actually stayed healthy. And it's hard for me to say he would have taken us far in the playoffs.

Dak *should be* our QB for the long haul. But,like I said, he's got some work to do.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Of course you'd be the type to love everything and everyone who wears a current star.

Hate to break it to you, but Dak is no where Romo's level, and never will be.
Please break down "Romo's level" to me sir historian sir.

I'm mostly interested in playoff wins, Super Bowl wins, MVPs. You know. Things that matter.

I got all day.... :popcorn:

Oh & since you're so able to predict the career of a 2 year NFL vet, I would appreciate a down low slide of Wednesday's winning Powerball numbers in my DMs as well.

Thank you! :thumbup:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Until we get a great Qb, nostalgia is all we have.

We will go nowhere with this current mediocrity. He scares not a single defensive coordinator and that’s a fact
Let's chat again at the end of year 3. You know.. the usual time we allot all draft picks to "get it". Some get it faster than others. Some never get it. But I will gladly revisit this with you at this time next year... Well actually after this time next year. I'm trying go get in the big game. Feel free to bookmark your wonderful response.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
A little olive branch for all you teary nostalgic historians... Isn't it lovely? Super Bowl ready!

romo-walker.jpg

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

Romo was a rare talent. He could surgically take apart a defense, and make it look so easy. With Romo we did not need to come up with gimmicky plays, or plays that would help our WR's get open. Romo was that ******* good he threw the Wr's open and somehow made everyone's life easy, while improving every season.

With that being said, Garrett probably believes somewhere in his naive mind that it was him and his offense that looked so good, so tries and uses the same formula with Prescott hoping for the same results.

With Prescott we need to install gimmicky plays, rub routes, and wr friendly formations. Even the great Brady uses these type of plays, and I'm sure he doesn't need it.

It just sucks, we abused Romo for so many years and never got him the help, and completely sold out for him, to at least try and win one. The only time we somewhat got aggressive was with TO, and Roy Williams. But he always had a bad Defense, and Bad O-Line until it was to late.

We will probably never Run into another talent and master of the game like Romo for another maybe 20 years, so we need to help Prescott and make things easy for him. He's not Romo, and this starts with Garrett, because Jerry isn't going anywhere

That is one of the best posts this place has seen in a long, long time. :clap:

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Yea, but he was 23rd in completions at and over 20 yards in 2016. No doubt he has the ability to pass well for longer distances, but that's not his forte.

Dak hit a rough patch this year without Zeke and having some protection breakdown. It happens. Zeke will hopefully be there the whole season in 2018 to lead the offense, putting less pressure on Dak to have to overextend himself. Meanwhile, he'll work on his game and get better. He just finished his second season. You ever looked at Eli Manning or Tom Brady's second season stats? Not at impressive as you might think...

Coulda/woulda/shoulda with Romo. Would the offense have been better with him and being able to handle Zeke being gone? Sure. But that assumes Romo actually stayed healthy. And it's hard for me to say he would have taken us far in the playoffs.

Dak *should be* our QB for the long haul. But,like I said, he's got some work to do.
Oh of course, and i never once said he's great at it, but saying he has no accuracy is just untrue. Like i said, i'm worried about how he played this year, but the people whining and crying about accuracy, forgot about his rookie year. To me he just had a bad year, happens to everyone.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score

I've been saying the same thing. Garrett thinks he can just plug Prescott into romps offense and get the same results

aria

Reaction score

Lol, OUCH! Looks like the OP should shut his mouth on this subject.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Can't believe I missed this little nugget. @Frozen700 ? Is he right bruh? You wanted RGME?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

C'mon Willie. Can you at least acknowledge that Dak is indeed publicly aware of his accuracy opportunity and is going to work on it this off-season?

It's not all black and white. There is some gray area you know.