Romo-meter...

superpunk

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
To me, Bledsoe's TO was not the result of poor judgement as much as it was poor execution by the offense. I can live with that kind of TO. Don't like it but it's much more palitable then the one's that come off of poor judgement.

You think?

To me it looked like Bledsoe had no idea what was going on. Better execution may have stopped his arm from getting hit, or whatever happened there, but it was an ugly looking chain of events either way.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Idgit said:
When has a third QB ever been important in getting a team to the playoffs? Seirously?

If we're down to our third option, you can bet we'd be scouring the streets for some Testaverde-ish retread to finish out the campaign. The only value of a 3rd QB is in the game in which the #2 goes down.

We don't have anyone worth enough developmentally to justify a spot on the roster as opposed to one on the PS.

Point here is that I do not like what I saw last night from Romo. I don't think he's ready to start long term, if he has to. I would like to have another experienced QB on the roster if Bledsoe were to go down. Don't see how that could be a bad thing. If it is, OK. I accept that judgement and say that I don't care. I would still rather have another experience QB on the roster.

gbrittain

Reaction score
theogt said:
Romo has been in the league for 3 years, by the way.

Not trying to imply anything here, but Romo is in his fourth year right now although not completed. He has been through four full preseasons.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Is that your expert opinion? I think it's interesting that most teams, In the NFL, carry 3 QBs. Most of Parcells career, he has carried 3 QBs. Now it's expendable. OK. I don't see it that way.
Oh please. How many times has the 3rd QB on a roster actually had to come in and play in a game? Even further, when was the last time that a #1 and #2 QB went down in a season and the #3 QB played the rest of the season? Typically there's a trade or a FA pickup of a veteran who becomes the starter.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Not trying to imply anything here, but Romo is in his fourth year right now although not completed. He has been through four full preseasons.
So you agree with me that saying "after 4 years" is incorrect. Glad we agree.

wileedog

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Is that your expert opinion? I think it's interesting that most teams, In the NFL, carry 3 QBs. Most of Parcells career, he has carried 3 QBs. Now it's expendable. OK. I don't see it that way.

He's carried 3 because one was a developmental project. We just jettisoned ours.

Any team in the league who gets down to their 3rd QB in real games is toast anyway. Many are probably done for with their #2.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
superpunk said:
You think?

To me it looked like Bledsoe had no idea what was going on. Better execution may have stopped his arm from getting hit, or whatever happened there, but it was an ugly looking chain of events either way.

I agree. I don't know what the outcome would have been had his arm not been hit but I do not that the INT was a direct result of his arm being hit. Would it have been a good play? No way for me to tell. I can't say that I saw his intended target. I was to busy being horrified by the pressure being applied.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Point here is that I do not like what I saw last night from Romo. I don't think he's ready to start long term, if he has to. I would like to have another experienced QB on the roster if Bledsoe were to go down. Don't see how that could be a bad thing. If it is, OK. I accept that judgement and say that I don't care. I would still rather have another experience QB on the roster.

If Bledsoe were injured and out for a period of time I have no doubt Dallas would go out and find a backup for Romo. I can see us going into the season with 2 QB but any injury that would keep Drew off the field for more than a couple of weeks you bet Dallas would find someone to come in

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
theogt said:
Oh please. How many times has the 3rd QB on a roster actually had to come in and play in a game? Even further, when was the last time that a #1 and #2 QB went down in a season and the #3 QB played the rest of the season? Typically there's a trade or a FA pickup of a veteran who becomes the starter.

Yeah, and that team typically pays through the nose for the QB to come in mid season or they get a scrubb that is not going to help if he's called upon. I know, we still got Vinnie's number right?

Listen, if were not going to discuss this intelligently, then lets just not discuss it at all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
If Bledsoe were injured and out for a period of time I have no doubt Dallas would go out and find a backup for Romo. I can see us going into the season with 2 QB but any injury that would keep Drew off the field for more than a couple of weeks you bet Dallas would find someone to come in

But, what kind of help do you get and what do you pay for it? To me, if you can get a good guy now, you should do it. Why wouldn't you do that? I mean, I'm not saying there's a deal to be had but if we could do something, that's what I would rather we do.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
We will carry 3 QB's, but one will be on the practice squad. So this topic is rather moot and meaningless.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Yeah, and that team typically pays through the nose for the QB to come in mid season or they get a scrubb that is not going to help if he's called upon. I know, we still got Vinnie's number right?

Listen, if were not going to discuss this intelligently, then lets just not discuss it at all.
Thanks for conceding the point by the way. It was very intelligent of you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
We will carry 3 QB's, but one will be on the practice squad. So this topic is rather moot and meaningless.

Yep, that practice squade guy will definatly be able to help us win games if Bledsoe goes down.

I don't see how you can say it's meaningless but to each his own.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
But, what kind of help do you get and what do you pay for it? To me, if you can get a good guy now, you should do it. Why wouldn't you do that? I mean, I'm not saying there's a deal to be had but if we could do something, that's what I would rather we do.

About the same kind of help you would get from your typical 3rd string QB, not much. Face it any team who is forced to throw their 3rd QB out there is in big trouble. I think in most season Dallas would carry a 3rd QB and they may do so again this season but based on what Parcells has said we very well could start the season with only 2 QB's

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Yep, that practice squade guy will definatly be able to help us win games if Bledsoe goes down.

If Bledsoe goes down, we won't find anyone out there better than Romo. So the #3 guy is meaningless.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
theogt said:
Thanks for conceding the point by the way. It was very intelligent of you.

OK, please move on now. I can see you are not interested in intelligent discussioin. You are interested in juvinial behavior. I do not wish to be a part of that. I consider my time to be much more valuable then that and you have already taken to much of it.

Thanks you.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
About the same kind of help you would get from your typical 3rd string QB, not much. Face it any team who is forced to throw their 3rd QB out there is in big trouble. I think in most season Dallas would carry a 3rd QB and they may do so again this season but based on what Parcells has said we very well could start the season with only 2 QB's

He's not talking about the 3rd string guy.

He's talking about Romo. He doesn't like Romo, and he thinks a guy on the street in late August can do better.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
OK, please move on now. I can see you are not interested in intelligent discussioin. You are interested in juvinial behavior. I do not wish to be a part of that. I consider my time to be much more valuable then that and you have already taken to much of it.

Thanks you.
Yes, mature discussions typically begin and end with questioning the other poster's intelligence and maturity. Have fun on your high horse and your glass house.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

I agree you don't get much help from 3rd string. But really, three things BP era has so far shown is, He can't get a Kicker to kick worth a lick, OL to block a lick, and QB to produce consistantly so far.

While on Defense it seems to be the opposite, he seems to get great production out of them. So I am concerned, about 3rd QB, but probably am not too worried about it. Since at this point, if Drew Henson was third, there would have been some comfort. But with Matt Baker? Who cares. We are in deep doo doo, if both Bledsoe and Romo go down anyway.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
I agree you don't get much help from 3rd string. But really, three things BP era has so far shown is, He can't get a Kicker to kick worth a lick, OL to block a lick, and QB to produce consistantly so far.

While on Defense it seems to be the opposite, he seems to get great production out of them. So I am concerned, about 3rd QB, but probably am not too worried about it. Since at this point, if Drew Henson was third, there would have been some comfort. But with Matt Baker? Who cares. We are in deep doo doo, if both Bledsoe and Romo go down anyway.
He got Bledsoe to perform pretty well last season despite turnstile tackles and he's developed our future QB. Not too shabby.