Romo needs competition next year...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm not into comparing Romo to anyone else. I see him play and I can see the problems. Now how much is influenced by the OL and the playcalling is beyond me and any other honest fan that doesn't have game film and knowledge of the plays called and the audibles.

But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand you can't throw INTs like he does at times. Did Romo actually say those are like punts because they aren't anything like a punt I ever saw?

Those are lost opportunities to drive the ball and at least get field position if not points. You only get so many plays a game.

He needs to protect the ball better. The OL and the OC need to get their act together.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jobberone;2516616 said:
I'm not into comparing Romo to anyone else. I see him play and I can see the problems. Now how much is influenced by the OL and the playcalling is beyond me and any other honest fan that doesn't have game film and knowledge of the plays called and the audibles.

But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand you can't throw INTs like he does at times. Did Romo actually say those are like punts because they aren't anything like a punt I ever saw?

Those are lost opportunities to drive the ball and at least get field position if not points. You only get so many plays a game.

He needs to protect the ball better. The OL and the OC need to get their act together.

He's not playing with confidence right now. Maybe the injury to his hand really got in his head?? Just watch him this year, compared to lastyear. He folds under pressure and looks scared to get hit. (as i type, Eli gets leveled...ha ha - i like)

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
numnuts23;2516610 said:
I blame these!! :D

110.jpg

:laugh2: Great suggestion. You may be right :laugh2:

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
What Tony really needs is to draw the line with the offense. He- as the Cowboy's franchise QB needs to tell the receivers/backs "I am the leader. I am the quarterback. It's on me and I will distribute the ball as I see fit." I have a feeling the only person who would rebel would be T.O.. I believe Tony wants to say something, but it comes out as "well I'll throw it to whoever is open"

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Speaking as a Romo fan, he has left me shaking my head more than once. He has to realize the importance of ball security.

Speaking as a coach myself, I am always looking to improve/upgrade at every position.

However this talk of replacing Romo is just that, empty talk.

Because there has to be someone available that could compete with him.

If there is someone good enough out there to compete with him, or even replace him, that would be great, bring him in.

I don't know who that is though.

Having said all of that, is it too much to ask for Romo to hit Owens (twice) or Austin when they are running behind the opposing secondary?

Sandman52

Reaction score
dalboy;2515762 said:
chris sims

Especially if he still has some rapport with Roy11.

Then again, with our luck, that would start a divide in the locker room.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
CowboyPrincess;2516533 said:
I guess you missed the part about lighting a fire under his butt and getting him to play consistantly.

Are you suggesting that if he keeps performing like he did yesterday, that we continue to watch that mess til his contract expires and not have someone else in the backup position for those times when he can't perform? Johnson isn't what we need and maybe if we had someone to back up Tony that can execute when he is needed, Tony might quit acting like pinky boy and step up. I'm still a bit miffed at him for sitting on the bench holding his finger up in the air and not doing a dang thing to help when Johnson was floundering. Romo could have gotten his lazy butt up and coached Johnson... especially with a 100 million dollar contract.. as you have pointed out over and over and over in your responses in this thread... that is a pretty expensive bench warmer.

TR coach Johnson?? Are you serious?? When have you seen a QB with less than 3 years experience coach a 38 year old backup?????

The money means nothing. Johnson has seen more than Romo. It ain't happening.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
CowboyPrincess;2516533 said:
I guess you missed the part about lighting a fire under his butt and getting him to play consistantly.

Are you suggesting that if he keeps performing like he did yesterday, that we continue to watch that mess til his contract expires and not have someone else in the backup position for those times when he can't perform? Johnson isn't what we need and maybe if we had someone to back up Tony that can execute when he is needed, Tony might quit acting like pinky boy and step up. I'm still a bit miffed at him for sitting on the bench holding his finger up in the air and not doing a dang thing to help when Johnson was floundering. Romo could have gotten his lazy butt up and coached Johnson... especially with a 100 million dollar contract.. as you have pointed out over and over and over in your responses in this thread... that is a pretty expensive bench warmer.

Oh me. Am I going to have to bust out the "Billy Madison" Youtube again?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
theogt;2514158 said:
You sound like one of those Patriots fans that wanted to trade Brady and keep Cassel.

It's amazing how stupid fans can get with the ups and downs of a season.

I don't "sound" like anything.

It has been stated before. "Competitition" does not mean "replace".

If you want to talk about stupid, your defensive tone defines it.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Alexander;2516969 said:
Matt Ryan is better than Tony Romo.

and bbgun is an eternal optimist, and the sky is purple.

See I can say silly things too!

Alexander

Reaction score
theogt;2516964 said:
No, actually you do.

Is that all you have? I said nothing about replacing Romo. Yet you, being all defensive took it that way.

Pathetic.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Alexander;2516974 said:
Is that all you have? I said nothing about replacing Romo. Yet you, being all defensive took it that way.

Pathetic.
You don't read very well do you?

Alexander

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2516973 said:

See I can say silly things too!

It is not an insult.

But carry on.

I love to see the Romoites get all excited.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Alexander;2516980 said:
It is not an insult.

But carry on.

"Romoites." What a great term. As if someone should be ashamed that they're a fan of the quarterback of the team for which they've had 12,000+ posts about.

Good one.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2516969 said:
Matt Ryan is better than Tony Romo.

Ryan looks great, definitely showing something but Tony was playing incredibly good last year and broke team records for TDs his first real starting year.
Maybe we should give Ryan a bit more time before deciding who's better lol.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Alexander;2516980 said:
It is not an insult.

But carry on.

No it wasnt an insult, it was a parody right?

Alexander

Reaction score
theogt;2516989 said:
"Romoites." What a great term. As if someone should be ashamed that they're a fan of the quarterback of the team for which they've had 12,000+ posts about.

Good one.

So 25,000 posts of delusional nonsense is better?

Fact is, being the QB of this team is different.

This is the pinnacle.

This is Roger Staubach. This is Troy Aikman.

If you can't measure up, go sit on the bench alongside Danny White and Craig Morton hoping you are remembered fondly decades from now.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2516973 said:

Well I sure as hell didn't swipe the Ark of the Covenant from the ***** by thinking negatively.