Romo needs competition next year...

Air Force One

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2515536 said:
We would possibly give a **** what you had to say, if we knew who the **** you were :D
Well I'm pretty much back on the bandwagon anyway. Now that we can get in by beating philly I'm just not ready to give up on the season. There will be plenty of time for the off-season when it gets here.

We can beat these wankers and still salvage this season.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
superonyx;2515539 said:
Police? Why because i challenged your dumb overreaction to a loss and you cant back up the words you type?
You talk like you want Romo gone and then when you are challenged to come up with a better solution you cant. Its not just you. It anyone that actually looks at Romo and says we need to replace him. He has a 96 QB rating and a very good winning percentage as a starter. He plays injured and gives his heart to every game and people like you come on a message board and post whining nonsense about replacing him. Would we all like him to play perfect? Sure we would. But at least act like you know the game well enough to recognize our teams problems are not our QB.

OK I've wasted enough time on you.

Ignore.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
superonyx;2514766 said:
So yes not only are you mistaken you are stupid as well. You dont even have the sense to know what you typed or the sense to go back and look it up before you try to call me out for Tebow.... Who do you think Tebow plays for?
Who Mentioned Tebow? Who mentioned a QB from florida that we could get to replace Romo?

Dude you just made a fool of yourself.... again

I fine-tuned it at the end, for all to see, by saying Oklahoma and Texas. However, I would take Tebow over Romo at this point anyway.
You, on the other hand, have a "man crush" on Romo. You should go to his house at night, under a full moon, and serenade "I only have eyes for you" under his bedroom window.
As long as you're stuck on "Romo or no one", you're gonna' be a loser.

rob1son

Reaction score
lewpac;2515744 said:
I fine-tuned it at the end, for all to see, by saying Oklahoma and Texas. However, I would take Tebow over Romo at this point anyway.
You, on the other hand, have a "man crush" on Romo. You should go to his house at night, under a full moon, and serenade "I only have eyes for you" under his bedroom window.
As long as you're stuck on "Romo or no one", you're gonna' be a loser.

Oh no man, you had the convincing argument, don't ruin it by saying something like you would rather have Tebow than Romo. I mean, Tebow has hella leadership skills, but come on.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515400 said:
Seriously, stop. It's not cute or funny anymore.

Ummmm ok?

Wasn't intended to be a joke. I am very serious about it. Glad I can make that clear....

rob1son

Reaction score
Dawgs0916;2516057 said:
Ummmm ok?

Wasn't intended to be a joke. I am very serious about it. Glad I can make that clear....

No, that is a joke. Maybe he can become a mediocre at best punt returner/wide receiver.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Nah, really isn't. You can think it all you want. I believe that and until I see him fail, I stand by what I say.

30yrheel

Reaction score
i'm beginning to think romo will never stop turning it over so much, so it's hard to se us winning with him as qb. we need to draft a qb to develop.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
No one to replace Romo.

But the time to come to Jesus has arrived. Romo needs to cut the crap. Red needs to suddenly become a real genius. The OL needs to learn who to block and to understand someone like Suggs is a LB and not a DB. Stuff like that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
lewpac;2514090 said:
You're a Romophobe "kool-aid" drinker. Again, for the UMPTEENTH time, I'll spell it out for you.
If you did a "highlight" film of Romo's starting career so far, what would it be? It would be a half-hour of flubs, adventures, wild excursions, and twirly-bird running arounds (usually in our own end-zone) that ends with the ball on the ground or a perfect completion to a wide-open DB.
Oklahoma, Texas and Florida all put QB's in the Heisman final. One of them is there for the picking with a trade or something.

GET ONE!! Romo provides JUST ENOUGH bling, JUST ENOUGH numbers, JUST ENOUGH wins, to keep the dogs on the porch. But, just when he's needed the most, as in PRIME TIME, you're a loser.........(qualifier here) so far.

Is he good? Oh yeah, damn good! Can he do it someday? Probably, maybe, perhaps..........we'll see. But as for now, in REAL TIME, when it COUNTS, he's killing us.
He'd be a perfect back-up to the kid from Texas or Oklahoma IMO.

Do you guys even pay attention in the offseason???

WE JUST GAVE ROMO A CONTRACT WORTH MORE THAN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY!!!

We cant trade him, we cant release him, and we cant have a backup making that kind of money.

So let me get this right.......you guys want to draft Colt McCoy, make him the starter, and have Romo and his $100 million dollar contract as the backup???

You guys are actually suggesting we have a backup QB with a $100 million contract???

:lmao:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jon88;2514093 said:
How many Superbowls does Manning have compared to Romo again? I don't want him thinking about the mistakes all game, but at least maybe a minute or so. 30 seconds?

You realize that Manning was labeled one of the biggest chokers of all time before his SB win. He lost like 7 straight playoff games before striking gold.

Romo has lost 2 and people want to make him a backup now.

WOW:eek:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Darkhound;2514095 said:
He cant win the big games for us
He cant lead us to a SB
He is not a motivator or a leader....
He is just an AVERAGE QB..... I finally realized it

Well Jerry Jones gave our "average" QB a contract worth more than a third world country.

Too late to make a change now, we cant afford the cap hit to cut or trade him and we cant have a backup QB with a $100 million dollar contract.

So guess we are pretty much screwed because Romo is going to be the starting QB for a long, long, long, long, long, time.

Simply because of his contract.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
CowboyPrincess;2514152 said:
He definitely needs a wake up call. When he was vying for the QB position against Chad, he had fire and desire to be the next "Dallas Cowboys" QB. Now that he is and has no competition or adequate backup, he has gotten too comfy and lazy. They need to lite a fire under is butt or move him down and get someone that has the fire and talent to lead consistantly

Move him down to where, being a backup???

You going to have a backup with a $100 million dollar contract???

That is what you are suggesting???

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2516413 said:
Move him down to where, being a backup???

You going to have a backup with a $100 million dollar contract???

That is what you are suggesting???

I guess you missed the part about lighting a fire under his butt and getting him to play consistantly.

Are you suggesting that if he keeps performing like he did yesterday, that we continue to watch that mess til his contract expires and not have someone else in the backup position for those times when he can't perform? Johnson isn't what we need and maybe if we had someone to back up Tony that can execute when he is needed, Tony might quit acting like pinky boy and step up. I'm still a bit miffed at him for sitting on the bench holding his finger up in the air and not doing a dang thing to help when Johnson was floundering. Romo could have gotten his lazy butt up and coached Johnson... especially with a 100 million dollar contract.. as you have pointed out over and over and over in your responses in this thread... that is a pretty expensive bench warmer.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2516376 said:
You realize that Manning was labeled one of the biggest chokers of all time before his SB win. He lost like 7 straight playoff games before striking gold.

Romo has lost 2 and people want to make him a backup now.

WOW:eek:

Manning lost the first 3 playoff games he started, then won a couple. I think his overall record now is 8-7. 4 of those wins came the yr they won the super bowl.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I blame these!! :D

110.jpg