Romo or Brees

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Anyway, to sum it up. It has to be Peyton, by him winning a superbowl alone. But lets throw in a different quarterback, and an argument we are all more familiar with to put this into perspective. Who's better? Romo or Eli? To me they're about the same, and some years we saw romo as better. Coaching is not overrated when it comes to how quarterbacks are judge, IMO. Also forget how Brees would've done under garret, and think about how brees would've done behind some of those bad offensive lines that Romo had to deal with. I don't think Brees would've made it to the superbowl, here in dallas, if he couldn't have taken that 2007 team to one if he were here and then had to run for his life once that great offensive line got old in a hurry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
:D careful, you starting to sound like Jerry and his comment about any coach being able to take the cowboys to a superbowl that resulted in the Jimmy Split.
Jerry proved he was right with the team Jimmy built .

What he didn’t take into account with naming a Bozo like Barry is it would cost us at least 1 more Championship if not 2.

And the lasting effects we are still seeing today.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe get a more favorable response if you asked Romo vs. Stafford or Romo vs. Matt Ryan.

Don't know about that, Romo playing in his prime with Sean Peyton as his coach is interesting to think about, maybe the better question would have been who would have been more successfull, Romo with Peyton as his coach or Brees playing with Phillips and Garrett as his, interesting to think about

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Jerry proved he was right with the team Jimmy built .

What he didn’t take into account with naming a Bozo like Barry is it would cost us at least 1 more Championship if not 2.

And the lasting effects we are still seeing today.

Bozos like Chan Galey, Dave Campo, Wade Phillips. :DD I say we had too many clowns in town.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good question. Romo may have won a ring with the saints. No one is winning a ring with the cowboys in my lifetime thsts for sure . But I feel like Bree’s was slightly the better talent bc he dealt with his height a touch better. Romo at times struggled with short intermediate routes. And would prefer to scramble. Which led to a few more stalled drives than the saints usually had imo
Romo was an awesome sandlot , playmaking QB with a keen sense of the game but without the proto type talent and why went undrafted and almost didn’t get a shot.

Brees had the zip, arm and precision the NFL drools over only without the size.

Romo not doubt over achieved becoming one of the greatest undrafted QB’s in NFL history.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I still think Romo would have been great playing in New Orleans with Payton.

But Brees is just one of the greatest to ever play. We can talk about "scheme" all day, but even in the pass heavy league, he's put up unbelievable numbers.

Now in Dallas? Brees would have been a corpse behind the 2009-2013 line.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Top 5 is pushing it.
Which FIVE of these guys is Brees better than?
  • P Manning
  • Brady
  • Elway
  • Marino
  • Staubach
  • Graham
  • Montana
  • Favre
  • Rodgers
  • Unitas

Dude, come on. Elway and Staubach really aren't in as many "top 5 QBs" lists these days. And what about Marino? Look, Marino the first 5-6 years of his career were great, but he was right around average throughout the late 80s and 90s. Don't let the 1984 season blind you.

And LOL at Favre.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
The SB Brees won was due to defense making an interception, pick six during final minutes.

Another was coaching call to go for onside kick after halftime. Brees has nothing to do with both those plays but benefited.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Dude, come on. Elway and Staubach really aren't in as many "top 5 QBs" lists these days. And what about Marino? Look, Marino the first 5-6 years of his career were great, but he was right around average throughout the late 80s and 90s. Don't let the 1984 season blind you.

And LOL at Favre.
You'd still have to demote another from the list for Brees to make top 5.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Top 5 is pushing it.
Which FIVE of these guys is Brees better than?
  • P Manning
  • Brady
  • Elway
  • Marino
  • Staubach
  • Graham
  • Montana
  • Favre
  • Rodgers
  • Unitas

Brees is closer to Top 5 than he is to Romo.

You could make a case that if Brees spent his entire career with Belichick, he'd probably be the GOAT.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Wow, some people are now overrating Brees. Not that he isn't greatness XD but geez ... top 5 .... GOAT. XD

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You'd still have to demote another from the list for Brees to make top 5.

I'd remove Graham from the list due to it being too hard to judge a player of his era with the era of today.

So so far, I'd throw out Elway, Marino, Graham, Staubach, and Favre.

Brees is not just a big yards guy, he is one of the if not THE most accurate passer in NFL history. Since 2009 he's only had one season where he threw under 68% completion for a season - he's incredible.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The SB Brees won was due to defense making an interception, pick six during final minutes.

Another was coaching call to go for onside kick after halftime. Brees has nothing to do with both those plays but benefited.

Please stop. Here's Brees statline from that game and in the playoffs total:

32-39 (82% Comp.), 288 yards, 2 TDs, INTs, 114.5 Rating vs. Indy in the SB
72-102 (70.6% Comp.), 732 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs, 117.0 Rating in the playoffs overall

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wow, some people are now overrating Brees. Not that he isn't greatness XD but geez ... top 5 .... GOAT. XD

I don't see how you can put Brady, Rodgers, and Manning in there when, in some categories, Brees has topped them all. It's not that absurd.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Please stop. Here's Brees statline from that game and in the playoffs total:

32-39 (82% Comp.), 288 yards, 2 TDs, INTs, 114.5 Rating vs. Indy in the SB
72-102 (70.6% Comp.), 732 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs, 117.0 Rating in the playoffs overall

Yeah, and it's not like he didn't do anything in the fourth quarter. With 10 minutes left in the fourth, the Saints had a 5 minute drive that they finished off with a TD throw to Shockey.

Then you got playoff/super bowl manning being manning. There is no 100% chance that the Colts would have won even if they did score on the drive that ended up with a pick six - the Colts couldn't stop the Saints offense.

Toro9

Reaction score
I like Brees but Romo will always be my boy. I didn't start watching Cowboys regularly til after Aikman was already gone. Very early in my fan life, I lived through the revolving door at QB. Romo was a saviour and a guy who I still believe had the tools necessary to win a championship. The stars just never aligned.