Romo speaks to the media **merged**

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
We're not going to the Super Bowl with Romo, it's been proven. Nothing's been proven with Dak yet.

No it hasn't, this is a much better team that lost to Green Bay. You act like Romo was the reason we lost to the packers. Did you even watch the game?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
No it hasn't, this is a much better team that lost to Green Bay. You act like Romo was the reason we lost to the packers. Did you even watch the game?
Did you watch him go for the end zone on 4th and 2 instead of going for the 1st down? Dumb decisions = sitting on the couch in January. This is his legacy. We have 10 years of proof.

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
Did you watch him go for the end zone on 4th and 2 instead of going for the 1st down? Dumb decisions = sitting on the couch in January. This is his legacy. We have 10 years of proof.

It was actually smart, Witten was doubled and Dez was 1 on 1 with a crappy corner. Defenses squat on the short passes in those situations. If he didn't reach for the end zone it's an easy completion

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It was actually smart, Witten was doubled and Dez was 1 on 1 with a crappy corner. Defenses squat on the short passes in those situations. If he didn't reach for the end zone it's an easy completion
You are betting your ENTIRE SEASON on a low percentage bomb to Dez on 4th down? Beasley was wide open, so try again. If Romo goes for Beasley, we live to see another down, we drain the clock and leave Green Bay in a bad situation. I'll say it again, dumb decisions are the reason's we're 2 decades without a Super Bowl appearance.

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
You are betting your ENTIRE SEASON on a low percentage bomb to Dez on 4th down? Beasley was wide open, so try again. If Romo goes for Beasley, we live to see another down, we drain the clock and leave Green Bay in a bad situation. I'll say it again, dumb decisions are the reason's we're 2 decades without a Super Bowl appearance.

He wasn't wide open and how do you know he wasn't the fourth progression on the play call. I'm sure Witten was and he saw Dez one on one. We lost that game bc our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed in the second half and
Murray fumbled a wide open touchdown bc he doesn't know how tto hold on to the ball properly.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He wasn't wide open and how do you know he wasn't the fourth progression on the play call. I'm sure Witten was and he saw Dez one on one. We lost that game bc our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed in the second half and
Murray fumbled a wide open touchdown bc he doesn't know how tto hold on to the ball properly.
Let's throw all of that out of the window because I see that you are speculating which I am also. Let's just say it like this. Teams that Romo's been a part of, has never gotten out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. He's had 10 years to do it.

Now I know you can point to his defenses over the years but teams like New England, NY, New Orleans, teams like that have won the Super Bowl over the last 6 or 7 years with Defenses rated in the 20's so your not having a defense won't fly with me. Romo doesn't have the stomach for big games, it's been proven. What do we know about Dak right now? We know that he's won 8 straight games in his first year. Something Romo's never done. That's what we know right now.

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
Let's throw all of that out of the window because I see that you are speculating which I am also. Let's just say it like this. Teams that Romo's been a part of, has never gotten out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. He's had 10 years to do it.

Now I know you can point to his defenses over the years but teams like New England, NY, New Orleans, teams like that have won the Super Bowl over the last 6 or 7 years with Defenses rated in the 20's so your not having a defense won't fly with me. Romo doesn't have the stomach for big games, it's been proven. What do we know about Dak right now? We know that he's won 8 straight games in his first year. Something Romo's never done. That's what we know right now.

Romo never had a team this good; the offensive line is incredible and Zeke is the leader for the MVP. Rookie QBs don't win in the playoffs, Dak is the future but our best chance of winning a SB is this year with 9

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo never had a team this good; the offensive line is incredible and Zeke is the leader for the MVP. Rookie QBs don't win in the playoffs, Dak is the future but our best chance of winning a SB is this year with 9
You mean like our dreadful defense? No matter if rookies win in the playoffs or not, we do know that ROMO will once again choke in the playoffs. We only have our history to go by. Let me add that 2 offensive linemen went down for a while, Dez out for a while, several secondary guys are out, yeah, this is a better team. SMH

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
You mean like our dreadful defense? No matter if rookies win in the playoffs or not, we do know that ROMO will once again choke in the playoffs. We only have our history to go by. Let me add that 2 offensive linemen went down for a while, Dez out for a while, several secondary guys are out, yeah, this is a better team. SMH

Dreadful defense? Last game was the first time they allowed more than 23 points

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the few sick things about CowboysZone and other fansite boards are those rare occasions where new members' type rational comments and see their sane posts go squat upside brick walls. It's not a pretty sight.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dreadful defense? Last game was the first time they allowed more than 23 points
I see you didn't mention all the guys missing from this year's team huh? The fact is, Dak has won without Dez, without 2 of his offensive linemen, with a putrid defensive performance, but somehow, managed to win.

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
I see you didn't mention all the guys missing from this year's team huh? The fact is, Dak has won without Dez, without 2 of his offensive linemen, with a putrid defensive performance, but somehow, managed to win.

The steelers game was the only game the defense played poorly. Zeke had 3Tds in that game lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
It was a brilliant play and the throw was perfect.
It is exactly how many team advance in the playoffs--by going for the throat.
Dozens of things could have happened to halt and extended drive. For starters, they were starting to hit him almost very play. Murray had already fumble away one drive earlier. Extended drives are not guarantees by any means.
The rush was coming hard from the right side where Beasley was...it's not a that even that gets completed...let alone a drive the rest of the way without penalties, turnovers, etc,etc.

The play was there, he took it and executed it to perfection. The ball could have been just caught but a competitive Dez wanted to extend for the TD--which is understandable. it didn't work.

If they give the big play, take it. The Steelers did it all day long in the playoffs. Even Roger pulled it off a few times.

Anyway, there are many thread for bashing Tony. This really isn't one of them

Last edited:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It was a brilliant play and the throw was perfect.
It is exactly how many team advance in the playoffs--by going for the throat.
Dozens of things could have happened to halt and extended drive. For starters, they were starting to hit him almost very play. Murray had already fumble away one drive earlier. Extended drives are not guarantees by any means.
The rush was coming hard from the right side where Beasley was...it's not a that even that gets completed...let alone a drive the rest of the way without penalties, turnovers, etc,etc.

The play was there, he took it and executed it to perfection. The ball could have been just caught but a competitive Dez wanted to extend for the TD--which is understandable. it didn't work.

If they give the big play, take it. The Steelers did it all day long in the playoffs. Even Roger pulled it off a few times.

Anyway, there are many thread for bashing Tony. This really isn't one of them
That's why we went home, it was a low percentage play. And I promise you we'll keep going home if guys keep taking risks like that.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Don't bother Clove just likes to troll Romo

waldoputty

Reaction score
Jerry just said Romo will be a Cowboy next year.
If you take him at his word, sounds like an open competition may be in the works next camp...
According to @bknight13, there is plenty of salary cap $ for Romo, resigning guys, draft and possibly a FA or 2.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Jerry just said Romo will be a Cowboy next year.
If you take him at his word, sounds like an open competition may be in the works next camp...
According to @bknight13, there is plenty of salary cap $ for Romo, resigning guys, draft and possibly a FA or 2.
If he plays this year, he'll be in a wheelchair next year.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always tell my players, good things happen to good people. Seeing that press conferences almost made me think twice about that. I hope the best is yet to come for Tony.