Romo speaks to the media **merged**

weaver21

Reaction score
Go to the cry room known as the Rant Forum and take a box of Kleenex with you.

No offense man, but I used to really enjoy your posts. In fact, I did a lot because you're were always informative and backed up stats with what you were saying on whatever topic you discuss. However, lately you've been instigating a lot stuff in terms of telling people to give you credit for being right or telling people off because they don't agree with you. I'm not going to call you a Romo hater or anything like that, but it's clear that you don't think highly of him and that's fine. You're Team Dak and you believe he's the better quarterback and although I don't agree with it, that's your opinion and I respect that.

But all this asking for credit for being right and telling people off, it sucks to see you attacking other Cowboys fans. We all want to win man and that's something every Cowboys fan can agree on. I'm just saying it would be cool to not see you and other Dak supporters telling off fans that support Romo and want to see him do well in the future.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Only Romo could kill the QB controversy talk in the media. As long as he was silent, people would write headlines about him being disgruntled or something. People only expect spin from coaches & management, the player saying it on their own is taken very differently.

Also there were already conspiracy theories about Romo trying to backstab Dak behind the scenes or some crap like that in the garbage sports talk arena. This way he gets to dunk on them by making the story about what a good teammate he is (which by all accounts is 100% true anyway.) All the headlines now are "QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY DEAD" so I'd say mission accomplished.

Totally agree.
Romo alone in the press conference, imo, was the best way to kill the controversy and conspiracies that were being put forth by people like Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless. Those people are shameless.

waldoputty

Reaction score
For those interested, here is the interview with Dak's repsonse to Tony and the situation. It's an awesome watch. Both QB's are extremely classy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/0ap3000000740999/Dak-on-Romo-I-respect-the-man-he-is

Thanks so much.
I have been looking for how Dak handled the questions.
He did great.

One reporter asked a tough question - about how Dak changed the characterization of the team from Tony's team.
Dak answered that question well - it is our team.

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
Right, and Romo still didn't last a series before being injured. He couldn't find an open receiver and had to run. Dak would have run away from that sack.

Dak would have got stripped sacked. You act like Romo is a good QB, he's the best QB on the planet not named Brady. Dilfer said he was a top 10 overall player in the NFL before he got hurt. Dak has one game of throwing 300 yards all year, Romo does that in his sleep

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
No offense man, but I used to really enjoy your posts. In fact, I did a lot because you're were always informative and backed up stats with what you were saying on whatever topic you discuss. However, lately you've been instigating a lot stuff in terms of telling people to give you credit for being right or telling people off because they don't agree with you. I'm not going to call you a Romo hater or anything like that, but it's clear that you don't think highly of him and that's fine. You're Team Dak and you believe he's the better quarterback and although I don't agree with it, that's your opinion and I respect that.

But all this asking for credit for being right and telling people off, it sucks to see you attacking other Cowboys fans. We all want to win man and that's something every Cowboys fan can agree on. I'm just saying it would be cool to not see you and other Dak supporters telling off fans that support Romo and want to see him do well in the future.
:clap::popcorn:

Zordon

Reaction score
Isn't it a bit ironic to lament division within a fan base while you are intentionally dividing fans between Romo Stan's and Dak Supporters? Calling people names, no matter how nonsensical, will only create a backlash. It's almost like you're looking forward to it and throwing fuel on the fire.
Go look at Dak's recent IG post. He makes a post saluting the military and the comments section has people telling him to give his spot back to Tony. Is this my fault?

Zordon

Reaction score
Some of the posts on Dak's IG:

• voltronhimselfyou have been a Revelation everyone recognises that. But Tony should be the starter he's better he's carried the team on his own for years he has what it takes to win it all. You should give it back to Tony
  • swaganova_96Dak, you could at least dedicate a post to Tony
  • daddymixesYou have successfully ruined another mans life
  • ayeesmurqGive Tony his Job back bruh, you always have next year! Your young

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Some of the posts on Dak's IG:

• voltronhimselfyou have been a Revelation everyone recognises that. But Tony should be the starter he's better he's carried the team on his own for years he has what it takes to win it all. You should give it back to Tony
  • swaganova_96Dak, you could at least dedicate a post to Tony
  • daddymixesYou have successfully ruined another mans life
  • ayeesmurqGive Tony his Job back bruh, you always have next year! Your young

People who say things like this have never truly competed in their life. Dak is doing what Dak needs to do to help this team win ball games. He has the support of his teammates and owes no one anything. By the same token Romo is not going to roll over and die. I fully expect Romo to work hard and compete and if given the opportunity for whatever reason I fully expect Romo to perform at the level he expects from himself.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Show me a post where I told someone to give me credit for being right? That never happened! I haven't asked anyone to give me credit for anything. I'm only telling those off who keep coming around spewing that I hate Romo and the team. I'm not looking anyone up, I'm the one being looked up. The guy I just told to go to the cry room just came after me and has been coming after me the past 24 hrs saying I hate the team and Romo because he's upset that Romo is done as the starter. Amberbeer is a big Romo FAN who claims Romo is better than Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman. lol Every time I give an opinion several posters tell me I'm going to end up wrong but they're the ones who end up wrong. One FAN told me he's going to start a thread with all the Romo haters and that my name will be included when Romo is back as the starter. lol He ended up WRONG but I didn't call him out.

I haven't asked for any credit, anything I've said was prompted by someone coming after me. There's a NUMBER of posters I've proven wrong with the Romo/Dak situation but I haven't hunted any of them down to rub it in. As for Romo, I have always supported him but I've been critical of him in big games. Some keep spinning that I hate him and it's simply not true! I never felt he had the poise and leadership to win a championship and I was honest about it. I feel we now have a QB who does have the poise and leadership to get the Cowboys over the hump. If you're going to accuse me of saying something provide my quotes and stop posting BS. If you have problems with me or my opinions put me on ignore.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Tsk tsk, Gimme. Get with the program. Your avatar is 1940's bland. You really should adopt Prescott's fashion sense and update your avatar. Prescott knows how to wear a bowtie!
Silly, bloke! As if I could even dream of competing with the dashing Dak, fashion-wise!
But I have my moments.
Watch me sing and dance in the Brit comedy classic, "The Ghost Train" on YouTube!
You will thank me, stout lad!
DaveinDallas gave it 4 stars!:)

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
All I'll say is that it's not over until the fat QB sings and something tells me Romo still has a few versus left.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak would have got stripped sacked. You act like Romo is a good QB, he's the best QB on the planet not named Brady. Dilfer said he was a top 10 overall player in the NFL before he got hurt. Dak has one game of throwing 300 yards all year, Romo does that in his sleep

They would have never laid a hand on Dak he's too fast, Romo was chased down! Romo is a good QB but NO WAY is he second to Tom Brady. lol Who cares what Dilfer says, he'll defend any QB who's taken criticism because of how many people have criticized him claiming he sucked as a QB. He's sensitive to any QB who takes a lot of heat.

Tommy

Reaction score
Show me a post where I told someone to give me credit for being right? That never happened! I haven't asked anyone to give me credit for anything. I'm only telling those off who keep coming around spewing that I hate Romo and the team. I'm not looking anyone up, I'm the one being looked up. The guy I just told to go to the cry room just came after me and has been coming after me the past 24 hrs saying I hate the team and Romo because he's upset that Romo is done as the starter. Amberbeer is a big Romo FAN who claims Romo is better than Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman. lol Every time I give an opinion several posters tell me I'm going to end up wrong but they're the ones who end up wrong. One FAN told me he's going to start a thread with all the Romo haters and that my name will be included when Romo is back as the starter. lol He ended up WRONG but I didn't call him out.

I haven't asked for any credit, anything I've said was prompted by someone coming after me. There's a NUMBER of posters I've proven wrong with the Romo/Dak situation but I haven't hunted any of them down to rub it in. As for Romo, I have always supported him but I've been critical of him in big games. Some keep spinning that I hate him and it's simply not true! I never felt he had the poise and leadership to win a championship and I was honest about it. I feel we now have a QB who does have the poise and leadership to get the Cowboys over the hump. If you're going to accuse me of saying something provide my quotes and stop posting BS. If you have problems with me or my opinions put me on ignore.
Your right man! Its not you!

Its EVERYBODY else!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But all this asking for credit for being right and telling people off, it sucks to see you attacking other Cowboys fans.

You might want to look around because the poster I responded to attacked ME! You won't find one post from me asking for credit for being right and you're more than welcome to sift through my archives. I've been giving my opinion on the Dak/Romo controversy for weeks and have been told by COUNTLESS posters that I would end up wrong. Oh, really??? LOL

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This thread also has me feeling bad for Dak. When this team inevitably doesn't make it to the SB, there are going to be people crapping all over the kid because Tony wasn't in there, instead of being excited for the future of this team with Dak.

Like I predicted earlier, there are going to be fans that will never like Dak because he effectively ended Tony's reign here. Just as there were fans who never liked Tony, for whatever bizarre reason. I sincerely hope I'm wrong on this, though.
Yep, I see this coming from a mile away.

If we are playing Seattle in the playoffs and Dak is getting his arse kicked while Romo stands on the sideline in full uniform watching.............man, its going to be bad for Dak. I can see the headlines now, "if Romo was in there we would have won".

You guys know its coming.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I start them in the Rant forum genius.

You finally smartened up and started posting them there because you know they're going to get moved there anyway. lol You can't seem to come up with a thread topic that doesn't end up in the Rant Forum because all you do is cry and complain.