Romo speaks to the media **merged**

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
KJJ is the leader.

Instead of hating on me and other fans, you should lighten up and enjoy the season the team is having and be thankful we found an excellent young QB for the next decade or more.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I have more respect for Tony than ever after that speech. Everyone should be rooting for him to have success elsewhere. Great guy, good quarterback. This was a very calculated attempt by Romo to flip the narrative nationally. And it worked to perfection while putting even more pressure on Dak as everyone is now rooting for Tony. Instead of talking about Dak as the front runner in the MVP race were talking about Tony's speech. Good for him. When Dak got the ball with 42 seconds I had zero doubt Dallas was going to win. I've never felt that way with Tony. I'm happy with what's happening. Good luck to Tony.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I half way expected the soft cowboys media to start clapping when Tony was done. At least Spagnola.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
if you watch the garrett presser after the speech, it seems JG had no knowledge of tony going to do that, and when asked he avoided
answering.
He also said tony would most likely suit up and be bkup, and he needs to be ready to play like any bkup.
I now think that tony did the speech thing on his own, and because he knew he would have to suit up and be bkup this next game.

Also from watching the elliot and witten after speech, interviews, you could tell they were both pro dak for being starter.
I was a little surprised by witten and what he said.

So I think the offense was mostly pro dak .

Air Force One

Reaction score
if you watch the garrett presser after the speech, it seems JG had no knowledge of tony going to do that, and when asked he avoided
answering.
He also said tony would most likely suit up and be bkup, and he needs to be ready to play like any bkup.
I now think that tony did the speech thing on his own, and because he knew he would have to suit up and be bkup this next game.

Also from watching the elliot and witten after speech, interviews, you could tell they were both pro dak for being starter.
I was a little surprised by witten and what he said.

So I think the offense was mostly pro dak .

My impression was that he is just tired of talking about it. I don't blame him. I didn't see it as pro or anti anyone. What do you want him to do....leave an impression that he somehow doesn't fully support his new starting QB? I think he did a good job answering a bunch of dumb questions.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dak would have got stripped sacked. You act like Romo is a good QB, he's the best QB on the planet not named Brady. Dilfer said he was a top 10 overall player in the NFL before he got hurt. Dak has one game of throwing 300 yards all year, Romo does that in his sleep
He will be doing that in his sleep now that he's been benched. You can keep making up scenarios where you think Romo would have done this or that, but the fact is, Romo's never won this many games in a row. Keep crying though

Austin 3-16

Reaction score
With all the love Tony getting in here( rightly so), I can't help feel some of you are now sub consciously rooting for Dak to struggle so beloved Ramiro can get back on "his" horse. Only the Cowboys!

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
He will be doing that in his sleep now that he's been benched. You can keep making up scenarios where you think Romo would have done this or that, but the fact is, Romo's never won this many games in a row. Keep crying though

Here are some facts, better QBR rating than Tom Brady and the best 4th quarter passer rating of all time.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Here are some facts, better QBR rating than Tom Brady and the best 4th quarter passer rating of all time.
Here's another fact. 2 Playoff victories, 0 NFC championship appearances, 0 Super bowl appearances.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

khiladi

Reaction score
Might be a questionable move, exposing the starters to repeated properly thrown passes at the end of every practice...

In the world of the Jones family, when things appear to be certain, they aren't. Unless it's the safety of Jason Garrett's job. :)

That being said, it's a smart move by Garrett, if it is coming from him. And the momentum issue is present so it's also smart not to mess anything up. It's certainly understandable, the path they have chosen.

Last year, Jerry was 'relying' on Romo to come back and 'save the season' and he killed himself again. That is the irony of Romo's career here..

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
Here's another fact. 2 Playoff victories, 0 NFC championship appearances, 0 Super bowl appearances.

Football is 11 on 11, he had terrible defenses and awful coaches. How many rings does Brady have on the browns?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Football is 11 on 11, he had terrible defenses and awful coaches. How many rings does Brady have on the browns?
Then stop talking about Romo's stats. It's a team game. BTW, we have the same coaches and the same awful defense.

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
Then stop talking about Romo's stats. It's a team game. BTW, we have the same coaches and the same awful defense.

Team game for wins and losses, Dak is the future of the team but if you think we are beating Seattle with a rookie QB in the playoffs. Then you guys are dreaming

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Team game for wins and losses, Dak is the future of the team but if you think we are beating Seattle with a rookie QB in the playoffs. Then you guys are dreaming
We're not going to the Super Bowl with Romo, it's been proven. Nothing's been proven with Dak yet.