Romo to his BFF

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what happens when your QB is obsessed with his BFF. Check out Cole Beasley who is WIDE OPEN for an easy first down AND MORE. Who does Romo throw the ball to? His BFF who is covered by the best defensive player on the Chargers (Eric Weddle). We were down 23-21 here, after this play we punt and then Rivers throws the TD to Gates to pretty much put the nail in the coffin.

headshake1.gif

46916-doctor-who-shaking-head-gif-ZfKP.gif

original.gif

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is one of th
This is what happens when your QB is obsessed with his BFF. Check out Cole Beasley who is WIDE OPEN for an easy first down AND MORE. Who does Romo throw the ball to? His BFF who is covered by the best defensive player on the Chargers (Eric Weddle). We were down 23-21 here, after this play we punt and then Rivers throws the TD to Gates to pretty much put the nail in the coffin.

This is one of those plays where the QB has to make the play.to keep the ball.

I don't care if he has to run for it or what.

Scramble, roll out, buy some time but find the first down.

Our defense had been under attack since the middle of the 2nd Qt.

Romo has declined considerably IMO with his abilities to make plays that change games.

This is why he gets paid like he does.

To get results.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Romo already had his mind made up when he got to the LOS......so much for reading the coverage.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
You're cherry picking plays to make a point. Beasley doesn't even come open until Romo begins his throwing motion and the ball should have been caught anyway for probably a bigger gain.

To think Romo has tunnel vision to Witten because they're friends off the field is pretty out there. It's the kind of stuff that gives fans a bad name.

Hey, I'll start my list of the Cowboys' problems. But I'll work backward, least to most.

1. Tony Romo

Seriously lol, he gets "wide open" when the ball is already out of Romo's hands.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I'm not so sure he did, although it may have appeared that way. Weddle has great closing speed and if you notice by the time the ball gets there, Weddle was in the right place to cover the play. So that tells me Witten didn't have him beat. The only reason Witten has a chance on that play is the last minute 180.

What are you talking about, if that's a better thrown ball he hits Witten in stride for a touchdown. Weddle had scorch marks on his jersey there.

Aven8

Reaction score
I remember somebody saying on the radio after the game how was Witten doing? They said, what do you mean? He then said his nipple must have been bruised from that throw!!

Cebrin

Reaction score
I disagree. I don't think Witten had enough separation from Weddle there. The ball was underthrown a bit but Weddle was all over him, even if the ball was thrown in the perfect spot Weddle was there to defend it. Why go after the best defender on the whole Chargers defense in a dire 3rd and 8? Kindly note Romo audibled to go to Witten as well.
Dez and Witten are 2 completely different animals. Dez routinely catches the ball in double coverage and can jump well over 10 feet and make circus catches. Apples and oranges! With that said, if other players are getting wide open.. and I mean really wide open, then you should go to them.

Apples and Oranges? He's more catches than any other Dallas Cowboy EVER. Dez is my boy and I love him but, he hasn't earned a whisper in the same sentence as Witten yet. Jason Witten has 827 receptions, the most by any player in NFL history through age 30. Second to only Shannon Sharpe in all time TE receptions. I wonder why Tony Romo trusts him? Oh, it's because their friends... I don't care how much I like you, if you can't catch a ball, I'm not throwing it to you. I assure you Tony feels the same. Witten in a rare moment dropped the pass that hit him perfectly in the numbers. Oh and for those of you who want to throw some sort of Tony uses him as a support blanket for when no one is open down field, Wittens career average yds per catch is 11.1. That's well over the 1st down marker. If he's any weakness, it's red zone presence. That's where Dez shines. We need another red zone threat.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. But the QB has a much greater effect on the teams success than any other position. by far.

A team's got 53 players on it, overall, not including PS players and changes throughout the season. Half the time the offense isn't on the field at all. Less than half the time, because you have to take ST plays into consideration, too. There are players, coaches, personnel people, GMs and owners in the equation, as well. Out of curiosity, picking a number out of the blue, more or less arbitrarily, what percentage of the team's success would you honestly say lands squarely on the teams admittedly most important player?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Weddle doesnt know where the ball is if Witten would have stopped Weddle would have ran over him bringing a flag. I know you do not practice stuff like that but maybe you should. Dont think Romo ever saw Beasley.

Exactly. Witten shouldn't bother with the silly pirouette and should have stopped and came back to the ball, he puts himself in a better spot to catch the ball, increases the likelihood of interference, and should he make the catch, the defenders' momentum is now going in the opposite direction, giving his unagile *** a chance to make a move.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Also, I can name you an arsenal of QB's that suck that have won Super Bowls if you'd like. :)

I'm aware that it's a team sport. But it seems like all good QB's have a playoff run at some point..and our QB can't seem to even get in the playoffs.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I'm aware that it's a team sport. But it seems like all good QB's have a playoff run at some point..and our QB can't seem to even get in the playoffs.

He did, when we had a real coach. In my opinion, Jason Garrett is the Barrack Obama of the NFL. He sure does talk pretty. Lots of people like him. Not much to show for it. Sorry for the Barrack supporters. I love you. ;)

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
A team's got 53 players on it, overall, not including PS players and changes throughout the season. Half the time the offense isn't on the field at all. Less than half the time, because you have to take ST plays into consideration, too. There are players, coaches, personnel people, GMs and owners in the equation, as well. Out of curiosity, picking a number out of the blue, more or less arbitrarily, what percentage of the team's success would you honestly say lands squarely on the teams admittedly most important player?

I agree, there are alot of moving pieces to a good team but I still believe QB is one of the most important, outside of Head Coach and GM...I'd say 10-15%

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
He did, when we had a real coach. In my opinion, Jason Garrett is the Barrack Obama of the NFL. He sure does talk pretty. Lots of people like him. Not much to show for it. Sorry for the Barrack supporters. I love you. ;)

I think you're giving Obama too much credit. I'd say he has more of a Matt Millen management style. But anyways, I'm not arguing with you there. Garrett and Romo are a mediocre combo together.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Also, he did it when he was a much lesser QB. He's much better now than then. Unforunately, thi
I think you're giving Obama too much credit. I'd say he has more of a Matt Millen management style. But anyways, I'm not arguing with you there. Garrett and Romo are a mediocre combo together.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on Romo. Cheers.