Romo to speak to the media today at 4:15 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
You may be right, but (as I have stated a couple of times already in this thread) Dak would have to play horribly for at least two consecutive games before losing his starter's role. Quite frankly, if he crapps the bed two games in a row, I would think he probably needs to sit, myself. I'm talking multiple picks/bad losses/poor play kind of bad, here. Otherwise, he's the starter, IMO.

The coaches are in a rare pickle.

They've got this rookie phenom who's handling things sublimely. But they also have a top five quarterback on the bench with the big "if" of staying healthy.

Who's the best right now, versus who's the best chance to win a championship. What do you do?

That's a dadgum hard predicament. I'm sure none of them have ever been in a situation like this.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
That's because I don't think Dak is officially named the franchise guy. Everybody likes winning and the Cowboys are doing it with Dak at the helm. I've read it in too many different places. All the Cowboys are worried about are winning. So Dak is the starter and only his performance will keep him there.

The franchise starter stuff will all be dealt with in the offseason. Everybody just wants to keep winning.
Agreed, and that's fine. But my point is nothing definitive has been said on the matter beyond the usual week to week garble.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It's only annoying to you and some other fans. Doesn't matter if we're annoyed or not. They're handling this the way they see fit, as they should. God help us if JJ starts conducting business based on fan annoyance.
I think what most find annoying is the wording so far makes it out like if Dak loses a game, then it's all over. And that may not be the case at all, but the wording game so far has been far more tiring than the lack of a final decision.

mrmojo

Reaction score
It's never any QB's team after only nine games. That takes seasons, not years. Is it Kirk Cousins' team? He's among the league leaders in lots of categories, but it's not his team. Not by a long shot.
So the Commanders are still Billy Kilmers team?

erod

Reaction score
Agreed, and that's fine. But my point is nothing definitive has been said on the matter beyond the usual week to week garble.

Nor should it. There's nothing definitive to say at this point.

You have a rookie phenom only nine games in with an 8-1 record. You have a top five QB in the NFL if healthy.

One was a fourth-round afterthought, while the other was undrafted.

The whole situation is dumb luck, and now tricky as can be.

You just let it play out.

DFWJC

Reaction score

They've got this rookie phenom who's handling things sublimely. But they also have a top five quarterback on the bench with the big "if" of staying healthy.

Who's the best right now, versus who's the best chance to win a championship. What do you do?

That's a dadgum hard predicament. I'm sure none of them have ever been in a situation like this.
I'm sure they haven't.

But regardless of who is the actual better player when healthy, Dak is the guy now until injury or mufti-game failure occurs. Which we all hope does not.

Titleist

Reaction score
Is this going to be broadcasted anywhere?

Normally I wouldn't care too much about a Romo presser but all y'all CZ crazies have hyped this up to the heavens...

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Nor should it. There's nothing definitive to say at this point.

You have a rookie phenom only nine games in with an 8-1 record. You have a top five QB in the NFL if healthy.

One was a fourth-round afterthought, while the other was undrafted.

The whole situation is dumb luck, and now tricky as can be.

You just let it play out.
Well put. Fair enough.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Tony Romo presser will be on 105.3 the fan and NFL network in 25 minutes.

i'll try to give a recap for those who cant listen.

Last edited:

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

On one hand, I completely agree. On the other hand, what a wonderful "predicament" to be in. I guess I'm just at the point of trusting JG to handle this in the manner that gives the team the best chance to win. As a fan, there's really no other way to look at it, IMO.

erod

Reaction score
Is this going to be broadcasted anywhere?

Normally I wouldn't care too much about a Romo presser but all y'all CZ crazies have hyped this up to the heavens...

I'm sure NFL Network will carry it.

erod

Reaction score
On one hand, I completely agree. On the other hand, what a wonderful "predicament" to be in. I guess I'm just at the point of trusting JG to handle this in the manner that gives the team the best chance to win. As a fan, there's really no other way to look at it, IMO.

Garrett, Dak, and Romo are handling it beautifully.

And then there's Jerry.

LandryFan

Reaction score
I think what most find annoying is the wording so far makes it out like if Dak loses a game, then it's all over. And that may not be the case at all, but the wording game so far has been far more tiring than the lack of a final decision.
No offense, but I think you're looking for trouble where none exists. Nowhere haas it ever been stated by anyone, to my knowledge, that one bad game would get Dak benched. In fact, I sense that it would take multiple games. If he were to screw the pooch for multiple games, then he would deserve to be benched, IMO. There's too much on the line at this point to let a season go down the drain. I don't see Dak losing his job...I've seen enough to lead me to think that he will be just fine going forward...Zeke will see to that, if nothing else. Dak is the starter and Tony is the backup unless something really bad happens. JMO, of course.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Garrett, Dak, and Romo are handling it beautifully.

And then there's Jerry.
Well, JJ is JJ and there's nothing any of us can do to change that. The main three principals will ensure tranquility, I believe.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Just FYI, it looks like this will be streamed on the official website.

Status
Not open for further replies.