CZ POLL Romo: Traded, Released, Retained Or Retire?

What do you think will happen with Romo in the near foreseeable future?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I thought for a while that Romo would retire. I know he was giving it serious consideration. I no longer expect that to happen. He's a competitive sucker and he wants to show that he can still play in this league - and that he's not made of glass. That said, Dallas would be smart to hang on to him until they get an offer to their liking. Worst-case scenario you cut him just before camp.

A deal may never come, that wouldn't surprise me, but you increase your chances. I think there's a decent chance they work out a deal with a team after the draft for a 2018 pick or two.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Romo isn't going to Cleveland. :laugh:
If they drafted Fournette they would be a playoff team and they have 100m to spend on D with JCollins, Ogbah, Danny Shelton, Joe Haden, Nate Orchard and Carl Nassib

RB Fournette, Duke Johnson
WR TPryor, CColeman and JGordon
TE Gary Barnridge
OL Thomas, Bitonio and LCollins

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If someone wants Romo early they have to pay thru the nose

Those extra weeks will be invaluable...why help them if we are still taking the full 19.6m hit

A first round draft pick THIS YEAR is my starting price if I move him in March.....Kizer, Watson and Trubisky aren't the answer
If I wait until Sept then the desperate GMs will pay desperate prices......if not I restructure him, keep him and wait until the trade deadline

Thank God you're not the GM. lol If someone wants Romo and is willing to give us a decent draft pick for him and he's willing to go to that team, you take the trade or you risk ending up with nothing for him. You're NOT going to get a first round pick for him but good luck getting that through to you. If you wait until Sept we're stuck with him and the financial implications that have been posted on the board with links to credible information.

A starting QB would have to go down for a contending team like Bridgwater did last season for anyone to get desperate enough cough up a #1 for Romo. Keeping Romo until Sept hurts us and him because his value will go down after next season when he'll be 38. You might want to read some of the articles that are being posted on what it means for us to hang onto Romo past certain dates.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If they drafted Fournette they would be a playoff team and they have 100m to spend on D with JCollins, Ogbah, Danny Shelton, Joe Haden, Nate Orchard and Carl Nassib

RB Fournette, Duke Johnson
WR TPryor, CColeman and JGordon
TE Gary Barnridge
OL Thomas, Bitonio and LCollins

You're completely off base if you think the Browns drafting an RB will make them a playoff team. :facepalm: They need a young franchise QB to have any chance of breaking 500 next season and Romo isn't going to want to play for the Browns. By the way the Browns QBs were sacked 61 times last season.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Thank God you're not the GM. lol If someone wants Romo and is willing to give us a decent draft pick for him and he's willing to go to that team, you take the trade or you risk ending up with nothing for him. You're NOT going to get a first round pick for him but good luck getting that through to you. If you wait until Sept we're stuck with him and the financial implications that have been posted on the board with links to credible information.

A starting QB would have to go down for a contending team like Bridgwater did last season for anyone to get desperate enough cough up a #1 for Romo. Keeping Romo until Sept hurts us and him because his value will go down after next season when he'll be 38. You might want to read some of the articles that are being posted on what it means for us to hang onto Romo past certain dates.
I am comfortable keeping Romo as the bak up to Dak, so I will wait all year for the appropriate deal

I am not a pushover that will take table scraps for a top 10 QB

If I have to restructure his 14m salary I will since we are only saving 5m with your early sucky trade

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You're completely off base if you think the Browns drafting an RB will make them a playoff team. :facepalm: They need a young franchise QB to have any chance of breaking 500 next season and Romo isn't going to want to play for the Browns. By the way the Browns QBs were sacked 61 times last season.
Romo isn't a coward...... he would relish the idea of taking a young team on his shoulders and making them winners......they have a ton of talent and a ton of cap space...they just need a QB......kind of like OAK last year

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I am comfortable keeping Romo as the bak up to Dak, so I will wait all year for the appropriate deal

I am not a pushover that will take table scraps for a top 10 QB

If I have to restructure his 14m salary I will since we are only saving 5m with your early sucky trade

If you wait all year with Romo you'll be stuck with the full financial hit of keeping him and you're almost guaranteed to get nothing for him. Even if a team were to lose a starting QB early in the season, he's not going to be much help having to learn their offense on the fly. You're stubborn because you continue to think that Romo is worth a #1 and more despite his age and injury concerns.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo isn't a coward...... he would relish the idea of taking a young team on his shoulders and making them winners......they have a ton of talent and a ton of cap space...they just need a QB......kind of like OAK last year

Romo isn't a fool either and he's not about to jeopardize his health playing for the CRAPPIEST organization in the entire NFL that only won ONE game last season. You're so out of touch with reality, you think the Browns drafting an RB and adding Romo who would never survive behind their OL will make them a playoff team next season. :laugh: Their OL gave up 61 sacks last season and you think Romo in his current state will be able to Houdini spin his way around their OL issues?

DFWJC

Reaction score
A hard look at the QBs available (Garapolo, Cutler, Romo, etc), various teams situations, Romo's contract, and Romos health risk....I think he gets cut

rambo2

Reaction score
A hard look at the QBs available (Garapolo, Cutler, Romo, etc), various teams situations, Romo's contract, and Romos health risk....I think he gets cut
I'd bet money that he doesn't get cut. Any qb can get hurt by the way. Not just Romo. Heck, Romo could get lucky and play all year and Dak could get hurt in the first game. Moore got hurt in training camp last year. It can happen to anybody.

Proof

Reaction score

His post was adding Romo, Fournette and Lael. I agree

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'd bet money that he doesn't get cut. Any qb can get hurt by the way. Not just Romo. Heck, Romo could get lucky and play all year and Dak could get hurt in the first game. Moore got hurt in training camp last year. It can happen to anybody.
I wouldn't bet either way.
Nothing would surprise me

Would love to see him in Houston!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His post was adding Romo, Fournette and Lael. I agree

Romo can't stay healthy and good luck keeping him healthy behind an OL that gave up 61 sacks last season. Collins hasn't done much and the Browns have a couple of backs that averaged 4.8 and 4.9 a carry last season. The Browns are a mess and are a LONG way from being a playoff team. The Browns had at least 3 QBs get injured last season so good luck thinking Romo wouldn't end up getting hurt. No possible way would he want to play in Cleveland with only maybe a couple of years left in his career.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Romo can't stay healthy and good luck keeping him healthy behind an OL that gave up 61 sacks last season. Collins hasn't done much and the Browns have a couple of backs that averaged 4.8 and 4.9 a carry last season. The Browns are a mess and are a LONG way from being a playoff team. The Browns had at least 3 QBs get injured last season so good luck thinking Romo wouldn't end up getting hurt. No possible way would he want to play in Cleveland with only maybe a couple of years left in his career.
It's not about what Romo wants. The Cowboys own his contract and he will go wherever they decide to send him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's not about what Romo wants. The Cowboys own his contract and he will go wherever they decide to send him.

Stop fabricating comments and posting them as "quotes" or you will be reported.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Stop fabricating comments and posting them as "quotes" or you will be reported.
Not worried about it. I was playing around with you. The late great Robbin Williams once said, "if they can't take a joke then screw'em" KKJ, if you can't take it then I will treat like everyone one else here and will only be serious. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.