Romo vs Dak

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Actually, if you'd listen, you might learn something instead of running with the mindless lemmings. But I expect you won't, so carry on.

I can't force you to learn football.
I remember when you used to post long winded rants about college spread formations and everything else invading the NFL. You didn't like it you wanted traditional old school football. And I get it. Normally they were presented in a well thought out manner. What I didn't get was after the next game had been played you would be *****ing in other threads about why those very same concepts weren't used. We needed to do x, y, or z because yadayadayada. We need a modern coach etc. You flip flop. I figured you were bipolar or something now it's clear you just like to hear yourself.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
LMAO as if stats doesn't get the same pointless discussion because they'll get argued here as well.

I don't know why the two need to be compared anymore than Staubach and Aikman. Danny White was a damned good passer but he doesn't get mentioned in comparisons either.

I don't care which is better because Romo's retired and Prescott's going to be the QB1. Why do we need to make excuses for Romo not getting it done? White didn't either and he had more opportunities. For some strange reason, some want to separate the QB from the team and that cannot be done. Comparing stats from different teams does what?
There’s a group of posters on here that “dislike”
Dak seemingly for no good reason. That’s irritating to me I’d guess some others. Why? Not sure.

Regardless, I’m not sure how else we could plead our case other than using stats. Wins is a stat I like to use.

Last edited:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
There’s a group of posters on here that dislike Dak seemingly for no good reason. That’s irritating to me and I’d guess some others. Why? Not sure.

Regardless, I’m not sure how else we could plead our case other than using stats. Wins is a stat I like to use.
If you pay attention the split is about the same as the split was with Romo it's just the posters have switched from idolizing one to hate and hate to idolizing.

The arguments used to obsolve Romo of blame when used for Dak by the the pro Dak/anti Romo crowd are shot down by the users that are anti Dak/pro Romo. There's basically a **** ton of hypocrisy flying around. Double standards are the thing I guess.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If you pay attention the split is about the same as the split was with Romo it's just the posters have switched from idolizing one to hate and hate to idolizing.

The arguments used to obsolve Romo of blame when used for Dak by the the pro Dak/anti Romo crowd are shot down by the users that are anti Dak/pro Romo. There's basically a **** ton of hypocrisy flying around. Double standards are the thing I guess.

True, I looked at Romo the same as I do Dak. I will call out the bad plays they have made and credit them on the good plays and games they have had.

blueblood70

Reaction score
There’s a group of posters on here that “dislike”
Dak seemingly for no good reason. That’s irritating to me I’d guess some others. Why? Not sure.

why cant there be fans who like dak but like other Past QBs more? it seems we have to fit into hate or luv box on players..

this is ridiculous..I happen to like Dak but I liked Romo more.. and??

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you missed the earlier part of the discussion. I wasn't comparing Dak and Romo's stats (pointless across eras without adjusting for inflation). Erod stated that we cannot suggest that Dak is accurate based on statistics. I posed the question to him wondering how then would he measure a quarterback's accuracy? There is no easier way to argue that your long-held belief (Dak is horrific) that is currently on shaky ground remains accurate than discounting any and all measurables lol.
With Prescott, I don't think the word accuracy can be separated from consistent. That's where he struggles at times, particularly under pressure. He's still struggling with hitting WR's on crossing patterns but so did Romo. They can both hit Witten but the faster WR's? Nope, not with consistency.

I am more of a stat guy about teams than players. I have to watch a player to form an opinion and having watched both of these QB's, I think they're both good but neither was in that top echelon. Staubach has good stats but to watch him play elevated his performance.

And my post wasn't directed at you but all of these arguments over the stats. Stats are facts but all too often posters get selective about which ones are real and which ones are bogus.

My favorite argument that I've seen on the stats was over Romo's INT's, which was a fact. One poster tried to use, as his defense of Romo, that Romo had more tipped INT's than other QB's and therefore, were the receivers' fault. I still get a laugh out of that.

I just assume most posters are "this is how I feel, not sure about why I feel this way but don't bring those stats at me. I ain't changing".

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
why cant there be fans who like dak but like other Past QBs more? it seems we have to fit into hate or luv box on players..

this is ridiculous..I happen to like Dak but I liked Romo more.. and??

I’m not sure anyone’s said that. It’s the hate(for either of them) despite all facts that’s irritating. Maybe it’s not even irritating. Fascinating would be a better word.

I’m genuinely fascinated by fans that hate their QB despite facts that say, at the very least, he’s pretty good. They down him when they can, belittle his positive stats(like wins), and thankfully disappear during his win streaks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't get beat by Teddy Bridewater with superior talent on your team.

You don't fall down, 31-3, at home to a Packers team with a horrible secondary.

You don't get beat by the ding-dong Jets, who got beat 33-0 the next week.

Dak has to prove that he can win big games against really good teams, even if he's missing a couple key players.

Other quarterbacks do it all the time. Rodgers rolled with literally nothing at wide receiver against us.

Romo made Terrance Williams a legitimate threat with great production. The same with other throwaway wide receivers. Amari Cooper goes down, and Dak looks like he's never played a game before.

He has to carry the water by himself sometimes, and so far, he just can't.
You are suggesting a QB can lift the defense? The D gave up those points just like they did to GB in the playoffs. Prescott did bring them back, just not far enough.

"You don't get beat by Teddy Bridewater with superior talent on your team". There's the key to it. You beleive the Saints have inferior talent and I disagree, I think they are a better team as I think 5 other NFC teams are better. This entire talent issue is wacky. That D is mediocre, what about them? They can't carry the team either. And I am not going to compare Prescott to Rodgers anymore than I would Romo, Rodgers is a legit top 5 QB ever.

Here's where I am. I was not on Prescott as of last season but I did see some progress just as I saw with Romo because he learned to read D's better and became a better QB...but not a great QB, just a very good QB that couldn't carry a team either. Those QB's are damned few and I don't klnow if the Cowboys have ever had one as Staubach and Aikman needed to be surrounded with talent too.

I don't know how good Prescott can become but I do see a player serious about getting better and I can't say that about a lot of players. Too many are "here I am, whatchya see is whatchya get". Posters talk about this "yeah, but you have to surround him with talent". Like you didn't have to Staubach and Aikman and Starr and Bradshaw and Montana and Brady?

The QB on a good team only has to execute and manage the offense, he doesn't have to carry it. And few will ever carry one to a title, I haven't seen that yet.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
No, the dumbest thing is to compare them at all. They're completely different quarterbacks.

I am completely fine with Dak here as long as we stack the offense like this continuously. The problem is, paying him $35 million a year is going to severely hamper that, and Dak is going to have to win games by himself like Romo did. That's just not in Dak's game.
See this is dumb. You watched along with the rest of us as Romo developed over the length of his career. Yet here you are ignorantly assuming Dak won't even though he has already.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not sure anyone’s said that. It’s the hate(for either of them) despite all facts that’s irritating. Maybe it’s not even irritating. Fascinating would be a better word.

I’m genuinely fascinated by fans that hate their QB despite facts that say, at the very least, he’s pretty good. They down him when they can, belittle his positive stats(like wins), and thankfully disappear during his win streaks.
It is stange but I don't know if that's not with every fan site? Are the Brownies that were all about Mayfield being the second coming now thinking he's the devil? The Eagles fans were all about Wentzadelphia. The Packers fans blow hot and cold on Rodgers.

My opinion is that you can trace all of this back to when we were in high school, maybe earlier. The QB's always got the girls, now they all get the fame and money and with that comes the vitriol.

The Romorooters on the old forum were really out there with their dislike of Romo calling out his girlfriends, golf, being on the cover of People and acting like he's the only player in NFL history to take off during the bye for a little vacay. I know that forced some not in either camp, like myself, to actually defend him. It was an all out war to the point they had to create a sub forum and most of the timeouts posters were getting was because of sides taken on Romo that got personal.

I really liked watching Romo play, a lot more than Prescott, because of the entertainment aspect and the "never know what will happen when he's on the field" but I never considered him a top QB just as I don't Prescott yet. However, I do think Prescott has a better chance of getting there than Romo did.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is why you should watch the games because Romo is miles and miles better then Dak.

I do think Dak is better when we have a lead and we can do all the play fakes and runs with the QB's.

When I need my QB to throw and be great amongst chaos then Romo is in a category Dak will never reach and I don't care what numbers say just watch the game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I said "might."

NFL history is littered with guys that could have been all-time great players if not for bad situations. If Witten had to play with Quincy, Hutchinson, Henson, Cassel, Weeden.....he wouldn't have reached the status as an all-timer that he has.

Curt Warner, Ricky Bell, Fred Taylor, Archie Manning, Steve Bartkowski.....these guys should be lauded as all-timers, but they were stuck in football hell.

What’s hilarious is that you want to attribute Witten’s
Success to having played with Romo, while simultaneously making the argument that Romo didn’t have any help and played on bad teams his whole career.

So you’re basically just giving the majority of credit to Romo, while discrediting the level of play of his supporting cast. Including a guaranteed first ballot hall of famer in Jason Witten.

Again that is ridiculous. You can’t have it both ways and claim a guy line Witten benefits from having Romo as his QB, while at the same time poo pooing any supporting players that Romo had. A guy like Romo who at points in his career played with Jason Witten, Terrell Owens, Demarco Murray who had the franchise record season rushing performance, Tyron smith for a whole bunch of years. Travis Frederick for 3 years. Zack Martin for 2 years,
Plus had a good defense early in his career, with a hall of fame pass rusher on it.

That’s trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
What’s hilarious is that you want to attribute Witten’s
Success to having played with Romo, while simultaneously making the argument that Romo didn’t have any help and played on bad teams his whole career.

So you’re basically just giving the majority of credit to Romo, while discrediting the level of play of his supporting cast. Including a guaranteed first ballot hall of famer in Jason Witten.

Again that is ridiculous. You can’t have it both ways and claim a guy line Witten benefits from having Romo as his QB, while at the same time poo pooing any supporting players that Romo had.

That’s trying to have your cake and eat it too.
:lmao2:telling a flip flopper not to have it both ways. He won't understand at all.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't get beat by Teddy Bridewater with superior talent on your team.

You don't fall down, 31-3, at home to a Packers team with a horrible secondary.

You don't get beat by the ding-dong Jets, who got beat 33-0 the next week.

Dak has to prove that he can win big games against really good teams, even if he's missing a couple key players.

Other quarterbacks do it all the time. Rodgers rolled with literally nothing at wide receiver against us.

Romo made Terrance Williams a legitimate threat with great production. The same with other throwaway wide receivers. Amari Cooper goes down, and Dak looks like he's never played a game before.

He has to carry the water by himself sometimes, and so far, he just can't.
:hammer:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is why you should watch the games because Romo is miles and miles better then Dak.

I do think Dak is better when we have a lead and we can do all the play fakes and runs with the QB's.

When I need my QB to throw and be great amongst chaos then Romo is in a category Dak will never reach and I don't care what numbers say just watch the game.
You're comparing 3.5 years to over a decade.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak with all pros surrounding him, takes a L....all coaches fault don't you dare criticize any part of his game, he's also young and not brady and isnt allowed to adjust plays presnap. 19 seconds 2 timeouts on playclock, 6 pass rushers vs 5 blockers, not his fault he ran with the play and couldn't adjust!!!

Romo with the worst or least experienced staff, average talent all around, takes a L...all Romo's fault

Yes I know, Romo had all pros around him many times, but the talent level now blows the talent before out of the water. Also some slight exaggerations involved, because i know not all are actually like this, but there are some that are.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak with all pros surrounding him, takes a L....all coaches fault don't you dare criticize any part of his game, he's also young and not brady and isnt allowed to adjust plays presnap. 19 seconds 2 timeouts on playclock, 6 pass rushers vs 5 blockers, not his fault he ran with the play and couldn't adjust!!!

Romo with the worst or least experienced staff, average talent all around, takes a L...all Romo's fault

Yes I know, Romo had all pros around him many times, but the talent level now blows the talent before out of the water. Also some slight exaggerations involved, because i know not all are actually like this, but there are some that are.
Pro bowlers? Officially, yes. Debatable talent levels? True. All-Pros??? That would be a very brief list.