Romo vs Dak

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying that I was a huge Tony Romo fan. Living in Iggle country, I would defend him all day against the likes of McNabb, etc. I thought he was hugely underrated and not given much to work with as compared to the other greats of the day. Then Dak had to start his rookie year because Romo got hurt in preseason. Was basically thrust in because he was all we had. Played his *** off. Was Offensive Rookie of the Year. Romo was healthy again towards the end of the year but I wanted to ride the hot hand and stay with Dak. And that's what they did. Romo came in on the last drive against the Iggles in the last game and drove the team to a TD. Storybook ending to a great career. Well deserved. Well earned.
Anyway, here we are into Dak's fourth year and I am wondering how he measures up to the stud that I thought Tony Romo was. I don't have all the comeback stats, I hope someone can chime in with that but I know they both have alot of them. But I have other key QB stats. These are career stats
Romo Dak
Yds/gm 219.1 236.3
Comp pct 65.3 66.7
TD % 5.7 4.6
Int % 2.7 1.9
Pass Rating 97.1 96.9
Total Pass TDs 248 79
Rush Yds 620 1107
Rush TDs 5 21
Years Played 10 3.5
I know alot of you are Romo fans. Does everyone realize how favorably Dak compares to Romo? They are very similar in many stats but Dak has the added advantage of 21 rushing TDs and over 1100 rushing yards.

That's 4 times as many rushing TDs and almost twice as many rushing yards in about a third of a career. I know that Romo was a better pure passer and Dak is a better mobile QB but can we please realize how good we have it to have Dak as our QB for now and the year's to come? And I believe Dak is only gonna get better. What say you?
might want to wait until yr 10 to compare 3.5yrs is not enough, law of averages can catch up to you..way to soon for stat comps

these are unnneccesary at this point..im still taking a healthy Romo in his prime over current Dak but not by much..

HungryLion

Reaction score
Captain Comeback could pass accurately with great pocket presence and poise, not a panic Sally. Add to that leading the WR and reading defenses.
Now only the fact that you dare compare #12 to # 4 shows that you Dak-Blind.....Gl with that.....:huh:

Dak passes accurately too. Every metric and everybody Who can be honest, can see that his accuracy is very good this season.

I know it hurts you for some strange reason. But it’s true.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Captain Comeback could pass accurately with great pocket presence and poise, not a panic Sally. Add to that leading the WR and reading defenses.
Now only the fact that you dare compare #12 to # 4 shows that you Dak-Blind.....Gl with that.....:huh:
You seriously want to compare accuracy between both QBs? You won't like the statistical results. We could also compare other stats if you'd like? Guarantee you won't like those either. As for salty, shoot, Dak has ice water in his veins. You don't know what you are talking about.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The true comparisons can be done properly when Daks career is over until then these threads are just a cheerleading event .

That said as a fanbase we should be overjoyed with Dak as our front office did ZERO preparation for the end of Romos career even when the writing was on the injury filled wall .

Dak was an after thought a back up plan and not even the pick we wanted . We got very lucky to have a fourth round pick come in cold and take us to the playoffs 2 out of 3 yrs while still learning and improving . Yes Dak had the benefit of a good Oline and running game to start his career but Romo had time to mature before being thrown to the wolves and far superior coaching to start his career .

Save the comparisons just bask in the sun of one of Jerrys gambles is paying off kind of like we do with Jaylon Smith . Really what more could we expect until we at least use a first round pick on a QB and even then you may have to watch your top pick turn into a bust get injured or spit the bed like Wentz did the other night after you mortgaged the team for him.

Dont worry be happy

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett and company have built a very QB friendly offense that leans more on the RB than QB. Should be a tribute to how Garrett and the front office has run this offensive system they have in place from personnel to scheme that has allowed an undrafted QB in Romo and a late 4th rounder in Dak to succeed.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seriously want to compare accuracy between both QBs? You won't like the statistical results. We could also compare other stats if you'd like? Guarantee you won't like those either. As for salty, shoot, Dak has ice water in his veins. You don't know what you are talking about.

Dude got sacked by his own RT....lol....ya ice water for sure for sure.....

Dak-Prescott-Sack-800x445.jpg

erod

Reaction score
Geez...it's not even a worthy discussion.

Romo is better in every aspect of playing the position by leaps and bounds except for quarterback sneaks and running with the ball on the run-pass option. And he didn't get to play in this ultra-soft league with every rule heavily bent to protect and help the quarterbacks. It was slowly becoming this way over his career, but not to the snowflake version it's become.

Dak's offensive personnel is virtually perfect. Romo played with craptastic offensive lines most every year. He made multimillionaires out of spares like Patrick Crayton, Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson, Sam Hurd, and even made a superstar out of non-superstar Dez Bryant.

Dak doesn't make players better like that. He just keeps the bus between the lines when they're all present and accounted for. A couple of injuries, and he gets beat by the Jets.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Geez...it's not even a worthy discussion.

Romo is better in every aspect of playing the position by leaps and bounds except for quarterback sneaks and running with the ball on the run-pass option. And he didn't get to play in this ultra-soft league with every rule heavily bent to protect and help the quarterbacks. It was slowly becoming this way over his career, but not to the snowflake version it's become.

Dak's offensive personnel is virtually perfect. Romo played with craptastic offensive lines most every year. He made multimillionaires out of spares like Patrick Crayton, Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson, Sam Hurd, and even made a superstar out of non-superstar Dez Bryant.

Dak doesn't make players better like that. He just keeps the bus between the lines when they're all present and accounted for. A couple of injuries, and he gets beat by the Jets.
Lol

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Love this line of thinking:

Dak needs everything in place to be successful.
Romo made the players around him.

Now ask why Romo didn’t win anything and watch the excuses flow. Now remember Romo didn’t need everything to be successful, remember?
then i guess i can ask why we as a teams till have not won anything.

dak has come a long way and i credit kitna for that development. i just don't get why people have to put down past QBs so they can feel good about the ones they like. they are different style of QB's, for better or worse.

dak does need things to fall in place but is getting better at driving those things around him. GO DAK!

romo was a natural as ad-lib in a favre sort of way. for good and bad that came with it. IMHO jones and co used his mobility as an excuse to not invest in a top flight line dak now enjoys.

i loved romo and now i am loving watching dak grow into his own. we'll see what he does from here.

erod

Reaction score
He is accurate by any and all measures this season. Not on dink and dunks either, he has the 3rd highest Y/A in the league. Very high accuracy on relatively high degree of difficulty throws.
Kirk Cousins has the highest QB rating in the NFL. Get out of here with weak stats, and watch the damn games. Stats mean almost nothing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Truth hurts ehh...you forget the 12 fumbles and 58 sacks last year?
This is America and we play freedom and truth, not your fantasy world that you continue to sell here daily.
Troll man..... look in the Mirror....
The only truth around here has been your intentional lies and ugly bashings.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Every single new era favors the qb more and more. Dak could easily get better, but this season which has been amazing is way to of a small sample. Dak still needs everything in place to be successful. Romo made players, Miles Austin, Terrance Williams, Laurent Robinsonand yes even Dez Bryant. Terrance Williams isn't even in the league anymore. I know injuries hurt Dez, but once Romo was done he fell off a complete cliff.
Romo had how many pro bowlers on his teams? How long did it take him to put it all together? By the time he really got the position down his body was telling him to **** off. Finally TO made Romo