Romo vs Dak

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Thank you the comparisons should start after Daks career is over or he has 10 yrs in

Why not let it play out we didnt use a high draft pick on either player so both have given us good value so far

Their styles are vastly different so lets see over the course of time what style proves successful . Whats the hurry to compare. We have been making the playoffs which with this coaching staff is an accomplishment in itself
Lets see how it plays out
The comparisons shouldn't even be made. There was so much animosity built up during the Romo years it just carried over. Both sides are hypocritical in their arguments making it easy to push buttons.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I mean look at the irony.. Dak is supposedly bad, because of Garrett’s offense, when Jerry completeky removed him from the offense in 2014, while Romo actually had Garrett calling the plays and didn’t even have his QB in game planning meetings...

this is what we are dealing with when it comes to their delusion.
How so? Tony Romo did play as a qb long before Garrett ever was a OC. He was a veteran QB who made Garrett’s terrible system look good and even he could only do so much with it.

khiladi

Reaction score
You used to whine that Dak needed everything to succeed like his rookie year.

You used to whine that it wasn't fair that Romo didn't get a shot in 16 with a team that was made for him

Using that logic I asked if it would then be true to say Romo also needed everything to succeed.

You spent multiple pages dodging the question and deflecting.

You still don't understand the question.

Go back a page or two and you accuse me of being selective.

A few posts later you do the same thing you complain about.

You still won't understand any of this.

This post is absolutely nonsensical like all your posts on this thread when you’ve responded to me.

When did I say Romo needed everything to succeed? What I said is comparing Romo to Dak is utterly absurd, because Dak’s success is predicated on an offense, of which the focus is ZEKE as the best player. Dak hasn’t even come close to the conditions that Romo operated in, while carrying that roster to respectability.

Dak has proven his complete mediocrity without Zeke. This is a fact that’s not even debatable. When he has average blocking, he’s a joke to the point his homers completely blame the OL.

khiladi

Reaction score
How exactly is it being anal to point out that Tony Romo never saw any real game action in his second year in the league?

it’s anal, because you know exactly what I meant when I said second year and it’s anal because Romo was on the practice squad, while Dak, because of injuries to Romo and Moore hadall of training camp with a complete team already in place and on his second and third years, he was officially the starter with three ALL PRO linemen when he stepped on the field and an experienced OC who completely tailored the offense for him to game manage, while Zeke basically led the league in rushing and faced more stacked boxes than the rest of the league as a rookie

Romo had to save a garbage roster that almost gave its HOF coach a heart attack on the sideline in mid-season

408Cowboy

Reaction score
This post is absolutely nonsensical like all your posts on this thread when you’ve responded to me.

When did I say Romo needed everything to succeed? What I said is comparing Romo to Dak is utterly absurd, because Dak’s success is predicated on an offense, of which the focus is ZEKE as the best player. Dak hasn’t even come close to the conditions that Romo operated in, while carrying that roster to respectability.

Dak has proven his complete mediocrity without Zeke. This is a fact that’s not even debatable. When he has average blocking, he’s a joke to the point his homers completely blame the OL.
Show me where I said you did. The only time I used those words was referencing a question I asked you that you repeatedly dodged. You either being obtuse intentionally or your reading comprehension is horrible.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

How many times did you edit this? There was one paragraph then two now three.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here is an old pic of Romo with Jerry Jones I found

59-og.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score
Show me where I said you did. The only time I used those words was referencing a question I asked you that you repeatedly dodged. You either being obtuse intentionally or your reading comprehension is horrible.

No, you simply can’t argue and you make no sense.

Using that logic I asked if it would then be true to say Romo also needed everything to succeed

For you to propose this question, this would imply I would think Romo wasn’t successful QB or that I argued that Romo couldn’t succeed with a decent roster, let alone ALL WORLD roster. When I say Romo carried garbage that would imply he had some success.

Dak has looked garbage without Zeke and average pass blocking, let alone even all-world blocking

khiladi

Reaction score
How many times did you edit this? There was one paragraph then two now three.

Who cares if I edited it, within minutes, as if this somehow gives your nonsensical posts any credibility. That’s what the feature is for. I’m not editing it after the fact, after your responses.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
it’s anal, because Romo was on the practice squad, while Dak, because of injuries to Romo and Moore has all of training camp with a complete team already in place.

Not sure I understand your beef here. Dak was the third sting QB in his rookie season. Which means he wa already ahead of where Romo was in his rookie year. Now if you have a beef with the state of the team that was inherited by both QBs, yea Dak was lucky in having better talent to start but arguably Romo has the better coach.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let me preface by saying that I was a huge Tony Romo fan. Living in Iggle country, I would defend him all day against the likes of McNabb, etc. I thought he was hugely underrated and not given much to work with as compared to the other greats of the day. Then Dak had to start his rookie year because Romo got hurt in preseason. Was basically thrust in because he was all we had. Played his *** off. Was Offensive Rookie of the Year. Romo was healthy again towards the end of the year but I wanted to ride the hot hand and stay with Dak. And that's what they did. Romo came in on the last drive against the Iggles in the last game and drove the team to a TD. Storybook ending to a great career. Well deserved. Well earned.
Anyway, here we are into Dak's fourth year and I am wondering how he measures up to the stud that I thought Tony Romo was. I don't have all the comeback stats, I hope someone can chime in with that but I know they both have alot of them. But I have other key QB stats. These are career stats
Romo Dak
Yds/gm 219.1 236.3
Comp pct 65.3 66.7
TD % 5.7 4.6
Int % 2.7 1.9
Pass Rating 97.1 96.9
Total Pass TDs 248 79
Rush Yds 620 1107
Rush TDs 5 21
Years Played 10 3.5
I know alot of you are Romo fans. Does everyone realize how favorably Dak compares to Romo? They are very similar in many stats but Dak has the added advantage of 21 rushing TDs and over 1100 rushing yards.
That's 4 times as many rushing TDs and almost twice as many rushing yards in about a third of a career. I know that Romo was a better pure passer and Dak is a better mobile QB but can we please realize how good we have it to have Dak as our QB for now and the year's to come? And I believe Dak is only gonna get better. What say you?
Actually, Romo played second, and Butt Fumble played the rest of the game... including taking a 30 yard sack

khiladi

Reaction score
Not sure I understand your beef here. Dak was the third sting QB in his rookie season. Which means he wa already ahead of where Romo was in his rookie year. Now if you have a beef with the state of the team that was inherited by both QBs, yea Dak was lucky in having better talent to start but arguably Romo has the better coach.

wait, Linehan wasn’t a proven, experienced coach that completely adjusted the offense for Dak?

since when did Garrett ever have experience as an OC before Romo had to compensate for him?

Dak is doing things plenty of young QBs are doing in this league with lesser talent. Lamar Jackson for example..

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Who cares if I edited it, within minutes, as if this somehow gives your nonsensical posts any credibility. That’s what the feature is for. I’m not editing it after the fact, after your responses.
I was asking because I've seen you use that tactic to either reiterate or expand on what you initially posted. Just to accuse people of misquoting you. Granted it was not immediately like you did this time. Note I'm not saying that was your intention here.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
No, you simply can’t argue and you make no sense.

For you to propose this question, this would imply I would think Romo wasn’t successful QB or that I argued that Romo couldn’t succeed with a decent roster, let alone ALL WORLD roster. When I say Romo carried garbage that would imply he had some success.

Dak has looked garbage without Zeke and average pass blocking, let alone even all-world blocking
Well then you're interpreting the question incorrectly whether that's intentional so you can avoid it or not I can't say. It's rather simple and you seem to have problems with that.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well then you're interpreting the question incorrectly whether that's intentional so you can avoid it or not I can't say. It's rather simple and you seem to have problems with that.

no, your question is just based on completely bogus claims that I never made nor are historical even accurate.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The comparisons shouldn't even be made. There was so much animosity built up during the Romo years it just carried over. Both sides are hypocritical in their arguments making it easy to push buttons.

Yep its a shame some fans just cant accept the situation for what it is . Jerry has not used a top 5 pick or even a first rounder on a QB so 4th rounders and undrafted guys are going to have warts

Romo and Dak both have some issues but the good far out weighs the bad as far as the value we have gotten from both players . If you are not drafting an elite player they most likely will need more of a team around them to be successful .

Romo obviously was not given enough it remains to be seen what Dak will do with what he has been given

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
wait, Linehan wasn’t a proven, experienced coach that completely adjusted the offense for Dak?

since when did Garrett ever have experience as an OC before Romo had to compensate for him?

Dak is doing things plenty of young QBs are doing in this league with lesser talent. Lamar Jackson for example..
Which is why Garrett in his first year as OC had Tony Sporano as training wheels.

Prior to that Romo did have experience playing for Parcells and got to spend time learning to be a pro from Bledsoe and Testaverde. Even Romo credits this to being a massive help to him learning to be an NFL QB and learning how to prepare like one.

Did Linehan adjust the offense or was there simply no changing of the plays because you went from a guy who was a 10+ year vet to a rookie QB and now all the plays that were called were the plays that were run simply because what rookie QB is changing plays at the LOS?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yep its a shame some fans just cant accept the situation for what it is . Jerry has not used a top 5 pick or even a first rounder on a QB so 4th rounders and undrafted guys are going to have warts

Romo and Dak both have some issues but the good far out weighs the bad as far as the value we have gotten from both players . If you are not drafting an elite player they most likely will need more of a team around them to be successful .

Romo obviously was not given enough it remains to be seen what Dak will do with what he has been given

I agree. Romo came into a situation where the team was being rebuild after the Campo years and a dearth of talent. The organization never gave him the talent or the coaches needed to get to the top. You are now seeing this with Dak, where with have a better team than when Romo came in but this team is horrifically served by bad coaches, terrible lack of discipline and lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Most objective folks can see this and accept it. What I find is certain people who a hate Dak seem to think that he committed some
Great act of betrayal by not giving up the qb spot after Romo came back.