Romo worshipers, don't bust an artery, but what if the Cowboys are 9-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, I'm about to commit blasphemy.....

Just imagine that the Cowboys are 9-1, perhaps even 10-0, by the time Tony Romo can get back on the field. Brandon Weeden is the top rated QB in the league, the Cowboys have the #1 offense and they are on a roll, an inevitable collision course with Super Bowl 5X.

Their next game is Thanksgiving against the Carolina Panthers, 8-2, and the 2nd best record in the NFC behind the Cowboys. Homefield advantage for the playoffs could very well depend on the outcome of this game.

Weeden's rise has been the story of this season....

Do you sit him and start Tony Romo, fresh from an injury, his ability to perform at his typical level in question?

Suppose Weeden continues to excel?

Notice, I never said that Tony Romo would perform poorly, I never said that he wouldn't perform like an All Pro future Hall o Famer. I'm just suggesting that his abilities would be unknown due to the effects of the injury, still not completely healed, he could perhaps be a tad rusty.

If Weeden leads the Cowboys to a Super Bowl, heck, just mentioning the possibility.....

Would that be a good thing or a bad thing for you Romo worshipers.

And am I officially a hater for daring to dream that Weeden might actually perform at a very high level with this offense?

Let the paranoid condemnation begin.....

In Madden you roll with whoever has the higher rating. In the scenario Weeden would likely be in the high 90's

Everson24

Reaction score
A similar scenario actually happened in 1991. Troy Aikman was the unquestioned starter when he went down with a sprained knee in our win at Washington. Steve Beurlein came in in relief and won 6 or 7 straight games. Beurlein got the start in the playoffs over a healthy Aikman. Troy only came in when we were getting blown out by Detroit in the NFC Divisional round.

Brandon Weedon is no Steve Beurlein though.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Does anyone remember the fake Drew Bledsoe blog Tonys first year as a starter. Was pretty funny lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At practice today I told Romo I would kick his *** at any event of the Quarterback Challenge on NFL Quarterback Club ’96. Even the obstacle course and he could be Randall Cunningham. He was like “Drew, Come on, man. I’m trying to concentrate here.” God****** this guy is such a *****. How is he the starter!?
Good times lol

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I happen to be a Dallas Cowboys worshiper, so I would hope they do well if Elmer Fudd was playing QB.

search

IrishAnto

Reaction score

Just imagine that the Cowboys are 9-1, perhaps even 10-0, by the time Tony Romo can get back on the field. Brandon Weeden is the top rated QB in the league, the Cowboys have the #1 offense and they are on a roll, an inevitable collision course with Super Bowl 5X.

Their next game is Thanksgiving against the Carolina Panthers, 8-2, and the 2nd best record in the NFC behind the Cowboys. Homefield advantage for the playoffs could very well depend on the outcome of this game.

Do you sit him and start Tony Romo, fresh from an injury, his ability to perform at his typical level in question?

Notice, I never said that Tony Romo would perform poorly, I never said that he wouldn't perform like an All Pro future Hall o Famer. I'm just suggesting that his abilities would be unknown due to the effects of the injury, still not completely healed, he could perhaps be a tad rusty.

If Weeden leads the Cowboys to a Super Bowl, heck, just mentioning the possibility.....

And am I officially a hater for daring to dream that Weeden might actually perform at a very high level with this offense?

Brandon,

What did your mother tell you about posting on fan forums without taking your meds?

benson

Reaction score
You start Romo, if he noticeably isn't 100% then you bring back Weeden until Romo is 100%. Because only Romo can singlehandedly carry this team to victory.

JBS

Reaction score
There's no way this happens

But I'm sure nobody thought Kurt warner would lead the Rams to the SB either..bit different situation but still

However, if this did happen..you have to stay a weeden...I love romo as much as the next guy, but this season isn't about winning a ring just for romo..

Won't happen anyway ...get well soon Tony, bc we're going to need ya

Swanny

Reaction score

If they were winning due Weeden and not the run game or the defense then I would say roll with Weeden

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
wont happen but you always start your best player.

Tony will still be #2 all time on the passer rating list.

Weeden, even if he pulled it off, would still be like #2968

Status
Not open for further replies.