Romo worshipers, don't bust an artery, but what if the Cowboys are 9-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfense

Reaction score
Yes, I'm about to commit blasphemy.....

Just imagine that the Cowboys are 9-1, perhaps even 10-0, by the time Tony Romo can get back on the field. Brandon Weeden is the top rated QB in the league, the Cowboys have the #1 offense and they are on a roll, an inevitable collision course with Super Bowl 5X.

Their next game is Thanksgiving against the Carolina Panthers, 8-2, and the 2nd best record in the NFC behind the Cowboys. Homefield advantage for the playoffs could very well depend on the outcome of this game.

Weeden's rise has been the story of this season....

Do you sit him and start Tony Romo, fresh from an injury, his ability to perform at his typical level in question?

Suppose Weeden continues to excel?

Notice, I never said that Tony Romo would perform poorly, I never said that he wouldn't perform like an All Pro future Hall o Famer. I'm just suggesting that his abilities would be unknown due to the effects of the injury, still not completely healed, he could perhaps be a tad rusty.

If Weeden leads the Cowboys to a Super Bowl, heck, just mentioning the possibility.....

Would that be a good thing or a bad thing for you Romo worshipers.

And am I officially a hater for daring to dream that Weeden might actually perform at a very high level with this offense?

Let the paranoid condemnation begin.....

What if pigs fly?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Romo worshippers? At this point, it's only idiocy not to support, or hate on the guy.

Regardless, if the record is such, it will probably mean that the defense is a powerhouse more than Weeden has suddenly learned how to play. Romo has already led the team to 9-1 back in 2007.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score

Just imagine that the Cowboys are 9-1, perhaps even 10-0, by the time Tony Romo can get back on the field. Brandon Weeden is the top rated QB in the league, the Cowboys have the #1 offense and they are on a roll, an inevitable collision course with Super Bowl 5X.

Their next game is Thanksgiving against the Carolina Panthers, 8-2, and the 2nd best record in the NFC behind the Cowboys. Homefield advantage for the playoffs could very well depend on the outcome of this game.

Do you sit him and start Tony Romo, fresh from an injury, his ability to perform at his typical level in question?

Notice, I never said that Tony Romo would perform poorly, I never said that he wouldn't perform like an All Pro future Hall o Famer. I'm just suggesting that his abilities would be unknown due to the effects of the injury, still not completely healed, he could perhaps be a tad rusty.

If Weeden leads the Cowboys to a Super Bowl, heck, just mentioning the possibility.....

And am I officially a hater for daring to dream that Weeden might actually perform at a very high level with this offense?

:lmao2:
...and this was without reading your manifesto.

sbark

Reaction score
WWWWTD?........what would Weedon want to do?.....for those who by then would be worshiping him

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I would alternate them, sending each QB in with the play he's supposed to run. I'm assuming we'll play NE in the Super Bowl and I don't want them stealing our transmissions, so I'm sending the play in via courier - and while he's there he might as well run it.
Just as plausible:muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the scenario can be predicted one of two ways.

A: The coaches would examine how Romo and Weeden's demonstrated their respective strengthens and weaknesses as quarterbacks for the season. Next, they would review how the entire team--offense, defense, and special teams--performed during that stretch of games. Additionally, they would consider how coaching decisions in each game helped keep drives alive, kept opponents out of the endzone, etc. Finally, they would think back and speculate how everything I've mentioned so far applied to each team Romo and Weeden led throughout their respective careers--as a gauge of individual long-term performance and positive or negative teammates/coaches influences on their previous performances.

Or

B: The coaches will see that the ghost of Don Meredith has possessed Weeden's body. HALLELUYAH! They will pray for Weeden's continued success on their X-Box One altar and tithe their salaries to Fan Duel. The spirit of Tom Landry will appear before them on the road to the Super Bowl and sayeth unto them, "You make the right choice boys. You did good. Go Cowboys." And Little Richard will be playing the Monday Night Football theme on the piano in the background, shouting, "WOOOOO! How 'bout dem Cowboys! WOOOOO!"

I swear that guy wears WAY too much makeup.

Why are y'all reading this down here? My opinion? Fine. Garrett & Company will choose Option A, demote Weeden, and reinsert Romo back into the offense. It's what coaches do. There. Feel better?

CxC1993

Reaction score
Weeden will drive the bus at best, but if that scenario happens, you still put in Romo without a doubt. Romo is a franchise QB who was an MVP candidate last season, he's the field general & the playmaker, Weeden isn't.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
this is kinda like one of those questions that can also be phrased as:

now if my ferrari breaks down and we're making do with a chevy (dodges or fords were not available so we went with the next best option here, mind you - trying to keep this relevant to your original bit of brilliance to ponder) and then some jacked up goodwrench freak decides that he hates ferraris so he's bound and determined to invent a world where his impala will suddenly outperform the ferrari and what do we do with the extra 2 doors after that happens?

i tell you what, op, as soon as this happens, we'll ponder what to do if weeden does something he's never done in his life. play better than your average impala.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I have thought the same thing, What if Weeden pulls a Brady - Bledsoe thing. I want Tony back and I want him to be the Cowboys QB, but what if.

If Weeden is playing well and the Cowboys are winning and they put Romo back in, certain fan base will be happy, if Romo comes in and loses same fan base will be like why did they change.

I am more of a Cowboys fan than a player fan, I always want the best players on the field regardless, I just want the Cowboys to win.

Just so you know I am absolutely a Tony Romo fan.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

ahhhhh the What if game.

still hating romo?

Status
Not open for further replies.