Romo's arm strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
The act of measuring can be scientific, it does not mean it is scientific fact.

A lot of science is base on measurements ... that's how they determine what is fact and what is not fact. If you measure a gallon of water, the fact is ... it's a gallon of water ...

Get it?

I can go out and mark X number of feet out with a line at each end. I can have someone throw a ball from one line to the other and I can "measure" how fast the throw was with a stop watch.

That does not make it accurate.

Please try to stay on topic. When you bring arguments like this it is insulting to me ... and I would assume the other readers of the forum as well ...

We're talking about a radar gun that is calibrated to measure speed almost perfectly ... not you're playground stop watch technique ... I'm talking about professional measurements with a precise mechanism - and a velocity measuring instrument ... not you're Micky Mouse watch ...

Spare me this insulting comparison because you have nothing here, other than a reason to embarrass yourself ...

When they run a 40 you get different times from different measuring devices and all it is, anyway is information. It does not mean squat in real game situations.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't ... but again, we're not talking about 40 times .... we're talking about measuring velocity ...

Radar guns vary, whoever is running it varies.

Reach reach and more reach ...

Radar guns are simply calibrated to make sure they are accurate ... the instrument is very accurate if it's calibrated properly ... My guess would be that it would be calibrated properly at a combine ... just a hunch though ...

You can measure a Clemens fastball in a game and it's 98 MPH, I'll bet you could walk up to Roger and say just wing it and he will without a doubt be able to throw it FASTER than he would facing a batter.

You're losing me here ... but whatever ...

I can bet a lot of things too ...

All science is based on the empirical method, and that is based on OBSERVING.

Get it?

Wouldn't it be wise to observe the scientific measurements of velocity by a precise instrument when discussing if someone has a strong arm or not then?

Or should I just take BlindZebra's ostrich spectator perspective as my own observation?

:laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Exactly. But that was the knock on Romo ... you still hear that reference that he went to a small school when the Henson vs Romo debate ensues ...

Like I said, I don't really care. But the reference is made (and for good reason sometimes) all the time ...

BTW, you can add Larry Allen to that list too ...

And you can't tell me that teams don't use that as a strike against players, especially a QB, when they are evaluating who they are going to draft ...
Of course they do. It is still not "never" which was your description.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Oh my goodness....

Using the "He doesn't have a strong arm..." excuse is one of the sorriest...no matter WHO the QB is.

Give it up.....should we start posting all of the QB's that were in the NFL that made it yet didn't have the reported "arm strength"?

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Romo may not have the strongest arm in the NFL but it is stong enough to make a living in the NFL.

Hey Doomsday my man ... even you are seeing what I am talking about ... thanks for not disagreeing with me just for the sake of disagreeing ...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score

head-in-sand.jpg

Some people would rather hide their head in the sand than actually look at the fact that they were way off base ...

Here's the link if you change your mind ...

http://www.thekomputerguy.net/cz/cowboys_cards3.avi

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hos - How was that 28 yard pass that Romo had called back by holding? That had to suck for us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Hos - How was that 28 yard pass that Romo had called back by holding? That had to suck for us.
All of the penalties sucked. There were too many. Silly ones as well.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:

You mean the six yard dump off that went for 28 because of a missed tackle?

Try watching the game.:rolleyes:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
You mean the six yard dump off that went for 28 because of a missed tackle?

Try watching the game.:rolleyes:

He made the read and executed a screen pass ...

But what about the 3rd and 50? :eek:

I've never seen anything like that ...

All Nors has to do is watch the clips that Calico put up ... what's so hard about that?

Both QB's looked good ...

But I'm still waiting for Hos to tell me what % chance Crayton has to catch that Romo pass?

Pride is a beautiful thing ...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I saw it - on NFL channel

Funny how completions have positive results.....

Throwing the ball away in panic never is a better play than a positive yardage completion....... But you were in party mode and 61 QB rating is better than a 96 QB rating?!? You deserve a mulligan.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
All of the penalties sucked. There were too many. Silly ones as well.

Blowing up a 28 yard completion is heinous.
Oline is really an issue here. Parcells needs to shake this up.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
SALADIN said:
Let me prefrace this by saying that I have no dog in this race but anyone trying to compare Romo's arm strength to Henson's did not watch the same game I watched last night.

...oh that's right, you didn't watch it :rolleyes:

Do I think that Henson will ultimately prevail because of his superior arm strength over Romo? Absolutely not!

There are so many other variables that go into the making of a quality NFL QB. Romo doesn't have a rag arm but its still not in the same league as Henson.

In the end when all this arguing is done and the final decision is made it will come down to so much more than who has the stronger arm.

:hammer: :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.