Romo's arm strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
What makes you think he's winning it? Much less "hands down"?

We had this debate a year ago - this year its more one sided so far.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Nors said:
We had this debate a year ago - this year its more one sided so far.

You and I didn't have this debate. If I knew the answer I wouldn't have asked the question. What makes you think he's winning the backup battle?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
It demonstrates that Romo CAN throw a 57 mph football

According to Madden last year, that equates to about a 121 MPH fastball since you usually double it and add about seven.

I don't know if anyone remembers Madden saying this, I think it was about Vinny, but it was hilarious. Totally random Madden fact with no basis in reality whatsoever.

He totally pulled that formula out of his ***. I still laugh about it.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Nice post Nors, but.... you know people who saw the game, said that Henson has a much better arm than Romo, and can complete the pass, but i keep forgetting you dont listen to facts.

Dargon, you didn't watch the game ... neither did Nors ... I did ... Henson did not have a better game ... but both QB's played pretty good ...

I am also now scared of Bledsoe ...

The fact is, some are stating their homeristic opinion as fact ... Romo out performed Henson any way you slice it ...

... maybe he had more tools to do so, but he had a better game - no question.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
Let me prefrace this by saying that I have no dog in this race but anyone trying to compare Romo's arm strength to Henson's did not watch the same game I watched last night.

...oh that's right, you didn't watch it :rolleyes:

Do I think that Henson will ultimately prevail because of his superior arm strength over Romo? Absolutely not!

There are so many other variables that go into the making of a quality NFL QB. Romo doesn't have a rag arm but its still not in the same league as Henson.

In the end when all this arguing is done and the final decision is made it will come down to so much more than who has the stronger arm.

You're mistaken ... there was an article on how hard Romo can throw the ball ... Romo's football was clocked around the same speed and velocity that Brett Favre is clocked at ...

You're buying into a myth ...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Isn't that the Center's job?

Oh wait, I see what you're doing Nors. Start out with a Romo take and then do a quick slash to a Gurode-Bashing slam. Pretty sneaky, you diabolical genius.

:lmao:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
You're mistaken ... there was an article on how hard Romo can throw the ball ... Romo's football was clocked around the same speed and velocity that Brett Favre is clocked at ...

If I didn't know better, I would have thought that was big dig on Romo :lmao:

Its sad how some people don't seem to have any other life than trying to entertain themselves on a BBS, trying to stir up trouble :rolleyes:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I saw the game and admit that Henson threw the ball harder than Romo did. But that does not mean that Romo CAN'T throw the ball hard...it just means that he DIDN'T. And given his completion ratio and seeing some of the touch passes that he threw it was probably a good thing that he didn't throw hard. There were no passes that didn't reach their mark and there were none that seemed to die due to lack of strength. Romo threw the passes at the appropriate velocity and with the appropriate touch.

In fact if anything Henson's performance raises the question, "Can HE throw a touch pass or do they all have to come like they are shot from a cannon?" That can be just as important you know.

As for Nors bringing up this post again I think it appropriate since so many people have latched onto and are harping on this ridiculous arm strength issue for Romo. It demonstrates that Romo CAN throw a 57 mph football and all last night demonstrates is that he can throw it softer if he needs to. Last night he didn't need to cut it loose, maybe next game he will.

I thought the 13 yard completion to Witten on the out cross route was a very strong throw. And he fit in in there too, because Quentin Harris was draped all over his back.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Dargon, you didn't watch the game ... neither did Nors ... I did ... Henson did not have a better game ... but both QB's played pretty good ...

The fact is, some are stating their homeristic opinion as fact ... Romo out performed Henson any way you slice it ...

I did watch the game, Ben and if Romo outperformed Henson, it wasn't by much. At least that's my opinion.

Henson did just fine with the opportunities he was given. I know you said they both did good... I just wanted to point out that I don't think Romo was significantly better than Henson... not significantly, anyway.

One thing we do agree on... Bledsoe now scares the heck out of me. He looked bad.

That pat, pat, pat noise has the potential to haunt my dreams... akin to Freddie Kruger squeaking his fingernail blades on metal.

Long dark hallway. Closed doors on each side, with the end of the hallway fading to black in the dim distance. pat, pat, pat... pat, pat, pat. Followed by a sadistic laugh and my vision spinning as I run.

pat, pat, pat...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

I atched the game and I believe Henson had the better game as has been shown numerous times by most everyone on here

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Romo completed 8-10 and Henson only 6-13. Facts again?
Why are you so intend on cramming these down out throats? There is more to the game than QB ratings and completition percentages.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

:lmao:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I atched the game and I believe Henson had the better game as has been shown numerous times by most everyone on here

If Henson didn't do anything more than hold for field goals, and Romo threw for 350 yards and 4 TDs you would have thought Henson had the better game.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
junk said:
According to Madden last year, that equates to about a 121 MPH fastball since you usually double it and add about seven.

I don't know if anyone remembers Madden saying this, I think it was about Vinny, but it was hilarious. Totally random Madden fact with no basis in reality whatsoever.

He totally pulled that formula out of his ***. I still laugh about it.

:laugh2:

I think he got his facts mixed up with how to tell the tempature by listening to crickets.

121 MPH...wft? :confused:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
If Henson didn't do anything more than hold for field goals, and Romo threw for 350 yards and 4 TDs you would have thought Henson had the better game.

No because unlike some of you I have not been on here cheering for one guy over the other. I and many others can see clearly and have no need to say things that are untrue. The fact of the matter is Henson showed the asbility to make more throws, he made good decisions and had a better passing day overall.

You put Witten in with Henson his numbers would have dwarfed Romos considerably

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Romo has nowhere near the arm Henson does. Romo is accurate but he can't throw it as hard as Henson can.

In warm ups Hostile said he heard the balls thrown from Henson and Bledsoe just smak the WRs hands. Didn't hear that from Romo. Reason is they were all probably thrown relaxed and warming up.

Romo has to reach back and give it everything to throw the ball as hard as Bledsoe or Henson would on what would be a normal throw for them. You get Henson to reach back and he can throw it hard enough to break something.

Romo doesn't have near the power in his arm Henson does.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Romo has nowhere near the arm Henson does. Romo is accurate but he can't throw it as hard as Henson can.

In warm ups Hostile said he heard the balls thrown from Henson and Bledsoe just smak the WRs hands. Didn't hear that from Romo. Reason is they were all probably thrown relaxed and warming up.

Romo has to reach back and give it everything to throw the ball as hard as Bledsoe or Henson would on what would be a normal throw for them. You get Henson to reach back and he can throw it hard enough to break something.

Romo doesn't have near the power in his arm Henson does.

See THE combine MPH stats from Romo.... You are wrong on the "gun"

Touch, accuracy, ability to check down and hit open receivers (8-10) - Romo proved that last night. 46% and a gun = yes, Henson proved that as well last night. Does he have touch and ability to checkdown real time? JURY OUT.....

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Nors said:
See THE combine MPH stats from Romo.... You are wrong on the "gun"

Touch, accuracy, ability to check down and hit open receivers (8-10) - Romo proved that last night. 46% and a gun = yes, Henson proved that as well last night. Does he have touch and ability to checkdown real time? JURY OUT.....

Those MPH stats are average. Guys like Favre and Henson, and other guys with big arms throw around 70-80 MPH

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Those MPH stats are average. Guys like Favre and Henson, and other guys with big arms throw around 70-80 MPH

Now, you went out of your way and said you're completely objective and that you don't introduce anything into the topic that is untrue (other than wonderlic scores and that Romo was playing against Arizona's scrubs), so I'm going to have to ask you for your source that Henson was throwing 70+ MPH.

57 would have tied him for 2nd fastest in this year's combine.

McPherson displayed nice velocity, posting the second fastest timed passes at the Combine with a speed of 57.2mph.

http://football.about.com/b/a/150369.htm

How hard do you think Peyton throws? I'm positive its not 70+ mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.