Romo's arm strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Wow - 70 MPH for Henson?

Favre is at 61. Romo did a 57 which puts his arm at the top of most all classes of late.....as previously documented....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Those MPH stats are average. Guys like Favre and Henson, and other guys with big arms throw around 70-80 MPH
If I am not mistaken John Elway is the fastest ever at 65.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Now, you went out of your way and said you're completely objective and that you don't introduce anything into the topic that is untrue (other than wonderlic scores and that Romo was playing against Arizona's scrubs), so I'm going to have to ask you for your source that Henson was throwing 70+ MPH.

57 would have tied him for 2nd fastest in this year's combine.

http://football.about.com/b/a/150369.htm

How hard do you think Manning throws?

Favre is the guy he was comparing to and The "speed indicator" on Monday night football showed his pass in the high 70's not close to Henson. As for the Henson thing I read it on a blog and subtracted 10 for hype sake because 80 sounded unreasonable

Second Making a mistake on what I read and posted is not untrue its a mistake I am almost positive you have made plenty

As for Arizona scrubs I never once said that word, I said 2nd team which is an undeniable fact. So please quit making things up. Its obvious you have a crush on Romo its all good I have no problem with either QB I just know which one has more talent.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Nors said:
Wow - 70 MPH for Henson?

Favre is at 61. Romo did a 57 which puts his arm at the top of most all classes of late.....as previously documented....

Show me a link for Favre

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Hostile said:

I was going by the "speed indicator" on Monday night football

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hostile said:

You mean the fastest ever... prior to Henson throwing 70 - 80 MPH?

Man, throwing a pass that fast would make you a great QB for throwing a 30 yard slant.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Big difference between having a big arm and being able to accurately get the ball to the QB accurately. Romo has the gun and the touch and the ability to process the progressions.... Big difference between 80% compltetions and a 100 QB rating and a 46% completion % and "throwing it away". 61.1 QB rating....

Romo impresses at Indy
By Matthew Stevens/ Sports Reporter
Published: Tuesday, February 25, 2003
Article Tools: Page 1 of 1

Media Credit: Stephen Haas
Eastern senior Tony Romo excelled at the arm strength and IQ tests at the NFL combine. Romo was clocked at 57 mph during throwing drills and answered 37 out of the 50 questions correctly on the IQ test.

Eastern quarterback Tony Romo must have appreciated being in Indianapolis this weekend because at the NFL combine held in the racing capital of the world, he did everything fast.

"I wanted to show everyone that speed wasn't a problem," Romo said. "This was excatly why I worked so hard for two weeks in Florida, and it payed off."

The NFL prospect was placed in the second group Sunday afternoon along with Southern California's Carson Palmer, Louisville's Dave Ragone and Texas' Chris Simms.

Romo earned the second-fastest time in the shuttle run and was timed at 4.9 seconds in the 40-yard-dash.

"Basically, that's why I went to Florida, to increase my speed, and I feel like I'm a completely different player since I left," Romo said.

Romo impressed even himself during the IQ test by answering correctly 37 of 50 questions in only 12 minutes. The highest score last season during the combine was 41 and most quarterbacks only got through 22 questions.

"The whole point of the test was to see how quickly you can process the information given," Romo said.

The 2002 Walter Payton Award winner astonished many scouts in throwing drills after being clocked at 57 mph, which is impressive compared to future Hall of Fame Green Bay Packer quarterback Brett Farve's 61 mph.

"My arm strength has gotten much stronger since my last game at Eastern," Romo said.

That was Romo 3 years ago - he has to be in 60's by now. Heck Henson had the gun over Brady but he had all the reads, smarts, to beat him out. Why was he a 6th rounder? Weak arm......

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I remember Favre was clocked at 66 on a MNF game.

Man, Henson throwing a 80 mph ... that's pretty remarkable. He's in another league from Favre.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
You mean the fastest ever... prior to Henson throwing 70 - 80 MPH?

Man, throwing a pass that fast would make you a great QB for throwing a 30 yard slant.
Please post your link its all bull****

Most top end QB's in draft are nowhere near 65. High 50'S THE TOPS....

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Nors said:
Please post your link its all bull****

Most top end QB's in draft are nowhere near 65. High 50'S THE TOPS....

Post yours Nors, you gave an exact speed for Favre where did you find it?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
You mean a link for Henson throwing 70 - 80 MPH or a link for a 30 yard slant?

lol Forgive him he didn;t get the joke

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
lol Forgive him he didn;t get the joke

Apparently.

Maybe I should've said Henson throwing 70-80, a 30 yard slant, and proof of santa clause, the boogyman and hobgoblins.

scottsp

Reaction score
More quanitative posting from Norse I see. Facts be damned. Not that he ever regarded them as important.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Apparently.

Maybe I should've said Henson throwing 70-80, a 30 yard slant, and proof of santa clause, the boogyman and hobgoblins.

I would have given that a 30% chance

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
scottsp said:
More quanitative posting from Norse I see. Facts be damned. Not that he ever regarded them as important.

Actually, Nors isn't the one making up facts this time.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Actually, Nors isn't the one making up facts this time.

He's not I already said where I got my numbers. Nors is the one giving exact figures for Favres football speed but still has not posted a link

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I would have given that a 30% chance

Nors is a bright guy... he just gets so worked up about this stuff that all he saw was someone saying Henson threw the ball that hard.

He has his favorites and his un-favorites. I truly feel that if Henson somehow became the next Payton Manning, Nors would be truly dissapointed because it would ruin his prediction.

Nors, is that true? If Henson became a great QB, would you be happy because it would solve all of our QB problems? Or would you be dissapointed? I'll beleive you if you say you'd be happy... I'm just not sure you would be.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.