Roy could be suspended, Romo to have MRI on thumb per Glazer

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Taz;1838037 said:
that high profile player is just one more reason i think r williams is more likely to be suspended 1 game.

1: He was warned
2:It wasn't just any player it was McNabb

and McNabb's histrionics after the play will likely help commissioner Robespierre to bring the guillotine down on Williams.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jimz31;1838014 said:
It's a stupid rule...watching that play, it was really pretty much the only way to get him. Anybody that has played football realizes that in the heat of the game you are just trying to get the guy down.

There was another player prior to T.O. that broke his left from it and the NFL did nothing....it was purely due to the fact that it was a high profile player that got hurt and people tune in to watch him...it's a business people. Hurt a high profile player and a rule gets made up.
It really is. In the meantime the chop block has injured more people than any other play and versions of it are still allowed.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
catskillthunder;1837985 said:
Actually Glazer is one of the more reputible guys. Usually if Glazer says something its as good as gold. I fully expect for Roy to be docked a game check or suspended for 1 game.

I have no doubt that Glazer has info but it was 5 minutes after the game. I suppose he could have had his head up goodells butt and been on speed dial the instant it happened but I doubt it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Dallas;1837994 said:
Really amazing seeing some of these posts today. Losses bring out the worst of fans.

yeah like I am sure you would have been upset had the horsecollar resulted in McNumbnuts getting injured.

Taz

Reaction score
BlueStar22;1838049 said:
fans, would you rather Roy have to use the horsecollar or let an offensive player outrun him?

you comit penatlitys to stop touch downs. it is a smart play evey time.. just like eagle QB feely stopped the ref from calling *** interfreance for a mere penality.

Smith22

Reaction score
Hostile;1838069 said:
It really is. In the meantime the chop block has injured more people than any other play and versions of it are still allowed.

Stupid rule or not. He has been warned and continues to do it. Sooner or later the message has to get across. Play within the rules like everyone else.

Jay-D

Reaction score
Roy knows he isn't supposed to do it......yet he does it anyways. It's been demonstrated MANY times that this type of tackle can really hurt somebody.

Roy is gonna deserve whatever he gets out of this, I'm sorry to say.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
It is one of the dumbest rules in football. You can't tackle a guy from behind using the shoulder pads. What a stupid thing. I gues Roy and everyone else should just watch people run for a TD instead of tackling him from behind. Come on, it's football, not ballet.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
smarta5150;1837923 said:
I still don't get the horsecollar... sometimes thats the only high percentage tackle from behind.

Stupid rule.

Yeah, its stupid rule, but Roy's tackle on McNabb was textbook according to the rules.

I don't know about a suspension though. They don't suspend players for 15 yard facemasks do they???

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile;1838069 said:

Maybe so, maybe not. But it IS a rule. Mr Williams is starting to get on my last nerve.

It's one thing to pick on the guy about coverage skills etc.

But today's play was just plain stupid and show a lack of discipline. He's supposed to be a pro.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
all you guys saying it's a stupid rule can thank terrell owens for the rule

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Erik_H;1838135 said:
Yeah, its stupid rule, but Roy's tackle on McNabb was textbook according to the rules.

I don't know about a suspension though. They don't suspend players for 15 yard facemasks do they???
No. If he gets suspended it's nonsense.

I do think Hamlin will get a fine for the early hit though.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1838113 said:
It is one of the dumbest rules in football. You can't tackle a guy from behind using the shoulder pads. What a stupid thing. I gues Roy and everyone else should just watch people run for a TD instead of tackling him from behind. Come on, it's football, not ballet.
It's only a stupid rule because no Cowboy has been hurt by it. Let Romo wreck a knee because of a horse collar and I know you'd be singing a different tune.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Jay-D;1838124 said:
Dude......stop digging your hole deeper. You're already a Canadian for goodness sakes.

Yeah like my living north of the border has anything to do with anything.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yeah, I think he should have just let McNabb keep running down the field.

Wait, this is football again right?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Jay-D;1838124 said:
Dude......stop digging your hole deeper. You're already a Canadian for goodness sakes.

LOL !!! Oh that is just HILARIOUS.

I can't believe you went there. But you did. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99;1838147 said:
Maybe so, maybe not. But it IS a rule. Mr Williams is starting to get on my last nerve.

It's one thing to pick on the guy about coverage skills etc.

But today's play was just plain stupid and show a lack of discipline. He's supposed to be a pro.
There are a lot of rules I don't like. That is one of them. I don't like that DBs can't look cross eyed at a WR without Pass Interference being called. It's football and it is a physical game. I understand it's a rule, but I'm never going to agree with it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jimmy40;1838158 said:
It's only a stupid rule because no Cowboy has been hurt by it. Let Romo wreck a knee because of a horse collar and I know you'd be singing a different tune.
I won't.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
irvin88;1838139 said:
Can we suspend Julius instead ???:D

HELL NO! Not with MBIII letting defenders run right past him and Romo getting crushed for the 2nd straight week.